Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse, 06/11 -- All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

MCD just told me that there is no pit (on facebook) :D
    Mushy wrote: »
    Thanks man, that saves a lot of bother of hanging around.

Just curious guys, why is that a good thing? I know it's a pain queueing up to get pit passes, but I always found the convenience was worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I think the stage is slightly circular and people can fit around it. Hence why more tickets may have been released when it was finalised.
    Just curious guys, why is that a good thing? I know it's a pain queueing up to get pit passes, but I always found the convenience was worth it.

You can get to the front anytime really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

It's not a good thing there is no pit, it's a good thing we know there isnt' one ;) that means I don't have to queue in the pissing rain for ~2 hours to just get pit passes. As aphex™ said, you can get to the front if you really want to anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I just find the convenience in knowing that I don't have to queue early for them. Just wnt to walk in, have no hassle, enjoy the show from whenever. I'm not as pushed at getting to the front for all gigs anymore, so gonna stand back and take it all in.

Tomorrow is frst time in O2 too actually:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AperfectMonarch

Hi,

Has anybody bought tickets last week (thursday) and not received them se far ? I am getting upset on this as I have the feeling I won't receive the tickets in my mailbox today..

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

Is there definitely no pit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Hi,

Has anybody bought tickets last week (thursday) and not received them se far ? I am getting upset on this as I have the feeling I won't receive the tickets in my mailbox today..

Thanks

I had a scare like that before and I have gotten printed tickets ever since. Much handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Are people certain that noone is supporting them tonight, gettin a bus at half three to get up as close as i can, cant actually wait my tickets for this were my 18th birthday present back in june,

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

i passed the o2 on a bus about half 9 and there was a group of ppl waiting... its goin to be some long day for them... and crap weather to wait in!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Raining in Dublin? :mad:

• Advertisement

On the train :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

me too. I'm the short one with the limp and the macbook (dont rob me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Can't wait for it now. I guess the hordes of kids are going to annoy the **** out of me, but I was young once myself and I suppose they're entitled to their fun as much as I am. I Haven't been in the O2 yet, will the bar be open for this?

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Can't wait for it now. I guess the hordes of kids are going to annoy the **** out of me, but I was young once myself and I suppose they're entitled to their fun as much as I am. I Haven't been in the O2 yet, will the bar be open for this?
    Yes, there's a bar, over 21's though :) It's all the better with loads of kids there, if you really want to get up to the front it makes it so much easier... well... easier than download festival :rolleyes:

Can't believe it's today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

Nothing mentioned on MCD about a support act, but with doors at 18:30 at Muse due on stage at 20:30 there is certainly an opportunity to have a support act.

Cant wait for this gig. I think the O2 will be perfect for them and will be better than in Marlay Park.

Just a little something to whet our collective appetites:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MMD

I CANNOT wait for tonight....drooling in anticipation!!!

Nothing mentioned on MCD about a support act, but with doors at 18:30 at Muse due on stage at 20:30 there is certainly an opportunity to have a support act.

Cant wait for this gig. I think the O2 will be perfect for them and will be better than in Marlay Park.

Just a little something to whet our collective appetites:

MCD said no support act will be on...

Don't care once the main event happens!!

MUSE and the bootleg beatles in one night...happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Ticketmaster said there would be but they have no information on who it is. Who do I believe?

Ticketmaster said there would be but they have no information on who it is. Who do I believe?

beLIEve

• Advertisement

Perhaps U2 will play like they were rumoured for KOL.

Either way, I dont care. Muse will rock that venue tonight.

My air guitar is primed, tuned and ready to ROCK

Perhaps U2 will play like they were rumoured for KOL.

Either way, I dont care. Muse will rock that venue tonight.

My air guitar is primed, tuned and ready to ROCK
    Didn't I start that rumor on here? :p

Ah I don't feel the best... :( This isn't good... I've waited months for this!!

Didn't I start that rumor on here? :p

Ah I don't feel the best... :( This isn't good... I've waited months for this!!

Really? I havent been on here in years, so dont know.

At the time people were saying it was because U2 played on the opening night of the original venue. Anyway, glad they didnt as I couldnt listen to that condescending obnoxious twat Bono.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Leac Bhoy

anyone know long will muse play for?

This lady does.

meg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rabbit Heart

Mr.S wrote: »
    Only thing i can think off is that muse's stage show is so big that they wouldn't have time to set up/changeover/ a support band (and cover up they're own stage).

Muse's sound engineer was just on the radio. He's confirmed theres no support because they came in from Liverpool so there would be no time for the support to soundcheck etc or something along those lines.

Leac Bhoy wrote: »
    anyone know long will muse play for?

90 mins I believe

If they don't play an amazing set... they'll prob be murder :p

Edit: They have to play longer than 90 mins... 61 squid for 90 mins!? that's a bit of a rip...

Edit: They have to play longer than 90 mins... 61 squid for 90 mins!? that's a bit of a rip...

Dont even get me started on the Pixies in the Olympia.

• Advertisement

By my arithmatic (which is probably questionable) 90 mins would be normal wouldn't it? If you gave the average song 5 minutes, you'd have 18 in 90 minutes. I was looking up the setlists from the Point and Marlay Park earlier and I think they were 17 and 18 songs respectively. Don't get me wrong though, the longer the better!

Advertisement