Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse, 06/11 -- All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭smileyme1984

Anyone know what shows they played so far without support? Can compare those setlists to the others to see if they'll play for longer.

Cant wait either way!!!!! In work all day thinking about going, havn't a clue bout whats gone on around me all day!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rabbit Heart

Apparently theres pit passes for the first 4,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mr.S wrote: »
    according to who? MCD themselves have said theres no pit.

And people in the queue have been told there is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

On the Muse board people are saying the same, first 4,000. There doesn't look like there's even that many here so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

The people who have been queuing in the pissing rain since 9am are pretty gutted to hear this news.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Doesnt really bother me if there is no pit since i wont be arriving till 8ish. I would love if we got over 90 mins . I can understand that people will want more then 90 mins for the price because if you look at Biffy Clyro they played about 90 mins last thursday in the Olympia and it was only €25. Still cant wait for the gig

I can confirm there is a pit...just got my pass!

betafrog wrote: »
    Son of a bitch! (No offence)

Way to bull**** MCD, you sell the tickets stating guest acts that won't be there and tell us there won't be a pit and then give out passes at the door.

None taken, it's bad form alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Best concert ever.. Qued from four, got pit pass right up the front.... Amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭thegrove54

this concert was so amazing was so close to the stage ragin didnt get into the pit though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Excellent concert alright.
    Does anyone know who the "special guests" were?
    We only got there about half 7, so I'm guessing we missed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Excellent concert alright.
    Does anyone know who the "special guests" were?
    We only got there about half 7, so I'm guessing we missed them.

They didnt have any support...

Whoever that was that got sick in the pit... Dont ever go to the02 again... You were about 2 inches from covering me in vommit, if u werent so hammered you probably wouldnt have nearly ruined my night, idiot

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Great gig . Arrived at around 8:10 , ended up headin to the right hand of the stage and had great view (didnt realize how close i was to the barrier ) . There was this annoying girl who thought just because i had my headphones around my neck , she thought i was being rude and listening to my i pod instead Muse . Yea im going to pay €55 just to listen to my i pod .Apart from that it was my 1st time in the O2 and i loved it , you would not know it used to be the point

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

pretty good gig. but no support and it cost €122 for 2 (+ 30 food + 8 x 6 euro pints!!! = around €200!!!)
    expensive 2 hour gig...

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

bambam wrote: »
    pretty good gig. but no support and it cost €122 for 2 (+ 30 food + 8 x 6 euro pints!!! = around €200!!!)
    expensive 2 hour gig...

Thats gotta suck ass, My night was pretty cheap, got a good few pints in too

Concert was amazing, Lost my voice and have now seen the best concert of 2009 i think :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I wish people weren't so sedate at these gigs, I felt like I was the only one singing and jumping about at the seated area, everyone else was just...sitting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Set list?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 darraghc

Showed up at 2..decided to come back at 5...o2 man walks up to us and just sticks pit passes on our wrists..totally unexpected...and we got an absolutely magical spot...i can die happy now!! what a gig!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO0tTSgB_WM
    United States of Eurasia :)

dsc00883b.th.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

vn3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rabbit Heart

Amazing gig!
    I got down to the O2 at about 6.45pm - no pit pass for me:(
    Either way I had a great time:D

If we're posting pictures:
    20091106davidfallonwedd.th.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I wish people weren't so sedate at these gigs, I felt like I was the only one singing and jumping about at the seated area, everyone else was just...sitting there.
    I was thinking the same thing... the whole row in front of me seemed to be just standing there... loosen up and show some love you bastards.
    The standing area looked like they were having a lot of fun though.
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Set list?
    This one looks right:
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2009/o2-depot-dublin-ireland-63d7c2e3.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Awesome awesome show. I am still buzzing from it. Highlights for me were Unnatural Selection and Stockholm Syndrome. The bit with Chris and Dom jamming together was great also.

I pray that they do festivals this summer.
    Cydoniac wrote: »

I noticed that when I looked over to my left but thankfully I was in the middle of a group that stood up. Very good atmosphere I felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Good concert. €70 for standing ticket (bought outside at 7.45pm!). Visually brilliant, but at just 100mins thought it wasn't a great length of performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Oooooh 'Unintended'. Was it the original version or the one from HAARP?

Nothing from 'Showbiz' which kinda sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I thought it was amazing, They did play really the songs you needed to hear. To the right of the stage was buzzing, Outside the pip. KoC what a finish. Plus the intro was amazing the whole set and the curtains dropping straight into it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzbPfTZSpH0 some lads video. The lads beside im shouting that is f*ucking savage says it all really:D

best gig i've been to

* found this too, Newborn was amazing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvr28uY42wc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Great gig, but some guys are complaining about the new guitars matt's been using since BHAR - certainly Stockholm was nowhere near as clear, or as good as it is on the Glastonbury DVD. Great gig, was suprised at how well Uprising was received at the start, didn't strike me as the sort of song that would be an anthem at a live gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Amazing night, probably the best muse gig I've been to (probably because I was so close)
    Bit short but I was half expecting it. They sounded immense. and the whole stage lighting was fantastic. The D&B was epic I must say :P

Roll on the bootlegs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

miralize wrote: »
    it short but I was half expecting it.

They were nearly 2 hours on stage. What do you consider not a short set?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Fantastic gig, think New Born was the highlght, that youtube vid does it no justice at all.
    bambam wrote: »
    expensive 2 hour gig...
    Dude, a pint is 568ml, the "pints" in the O2 are actually 400ml!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Brilliant gig. The sound for the most part was great. Matt's guitar did seem to cut out the odd time for a second or two. He might have had radio issues and the quieter stuff like Exogenesis was drowned out a bit by the crowd chatter. They could have boosted the PA for those bits. Apart from that though is was kickass.

The stage, lighting, effects were class. They really know how to wow a crowd. Any time I wasn't going mad I either had a big cheesy grin on my face :D or a :eek:. I was on the right side of the stage and the crowd were fairly lively there which was good.

Advertisement