Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something Strange with My nokia 6300's Music Playback

• 01-06-2009 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

My nokia 6300 never gave me any problems before today but I put 3 songs onto it today, 1 of them worked fine but the other 2 started to jump and skip badly on the phone.
    The same songs on my laptop do not give me any problems at all, so I though maybe they didnt go on properly, I deleted them from the phone and put them on again but they still were bad quality:confused:
    This happens both in the gallery and on music player and nothing I do can seem to fix them, I mean there is no reason for them not to work if they worked fine on the laptop is there??

Did this every happen to any of you and could you please help me if it did.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What file type are they? Generally the phone should be able to play MP3, MP4, and AAC file types without problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mick_Grif

Davy wrote: »
    What file type are they? Generally the phone should be able to play MP3, MP4, and AAC file types without problem.

Both Mp3 but others files on the phone are mp3 and they have play with no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Mick_Grif wrote: »
    Both Mp3 but others files on the phone are mp3 and they have play with no problem

Bit of a strange one, normally if the phone cant play you get a file unsupported error. This is mp3 so should be fine.

How many tracks in total have you and how many play like these? Im not sure if you change the file type would it even do much. Is the bit rate any different than other files that play fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mick_Grif

Davy wrote: »
    Bit of a strange one, normally if the phone cant play you get a file unsupported error. This is mp3 so should be fine.

How many tracks in total have you and how many play like these? Im not sure if you change the file type would it even do much. Is the bit rate any different than other files that play fine?

I have 80 tracks on the phone on a 512 mb card (it aint that because I had more on then that at one stage and they still worked), its only two that wont work properly as for the bitrate I have no idea, would that have a huge impact on the tracks?? How to I change this (sorry if thats a stupid question :|)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Mick_Grif wrote: »
    as for the bitrate I have no idea, would that have a huge impact on the tracks?? How to I change this (sorry if thats a stupid question :|)

As far as I remember, the likes of Windows Media Player will tell you the bitrate, plus the encoding format (i.e. AAC, mp3, etc.). Right-click on it and select Properties.

You can't edit it, but you can re-encode the mp3 with a new bitrate. Not overly difficult, tbh, but you would need an audio program. I think Audacity would do it, and it's free.

I'd sway towards the bitrate being the problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement