Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to put €10K

Options
  • 01-06-2009 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

Done a bit of a personal audit on my own finances today during the hottest part of the day to avoid getting sunburnt!

So I have discovered that €10k I have in a Credit Union account has stopped getting dividends because of the way things are. So I have €10k sitting in the Credit Union losing value and making no interest.

I will move it away no but don't really know where to put it. It is money I gathered in my teens with cash in hand jobs and the like and I practically killed myself working for it so I would like to see it make something back.

The money is a prisoner for life and I just want to lodge it somewhere reputable (not Anglo scum Irish) so that when Ireland defaults and goes Bankrupt they will not nationalise my savings:eek:

With good interest rates and I could easily top it up with €500 or €600 a month also. I was thinking EBS but know little about them!

any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The best way is probably to do two separate accounts. One term account for the 10K and then a fixed saver for the extra €600 a month.

For the term you could look at Ptsb 100 Day Fixed Term

Then for the €500 go for a regular savings account.
    One example would be First actives regular saver with 4.90% AER

And ofcourse are subject to DIRT currently at 25%

Advertisement