Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL-Landline/Broadband-any good??

Options
  • 01-06-2009 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

We presently use Eircom for Landline/broadband but I keep hearing ads for NTL broadband/landline. I have had very mixed experiences with NTL. Their service is not impressive on the TV side of things. Has anybody used them for broadband/Landline?

What are they like? Service wise. Price wise even.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Badboy1977 wrote: »
    We presently use Eircom for Landline/broadband but I keep hearing ads for NTL broadband/landline. I have had very mixed experiences with NTL. Their service is not impressive on the TV side of things. Has anybody used them for broadband/Landline?

What are they like? Service wise. Price wise even.

Phone is the same.

As for broadband here is there 10meg service.

486364517.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the phone isn't the same. it's a digital line that runs off your modem. it's voip based, but not like skype, the call quality handling it a lot more efficient. nott to say it's perfect, periodically people can't get through to me for no apparent reason. if i call out on it and then someone calls again then the phone rings, so it's not perfect, but it's reasonably cheap (unless you call the UK a lot, as they don't have a UK calls package like other phone companies), so it will do.

oh, and here's my "20mbps" service right now. :(

486939552.png

it's horses for courses, sometimes it's up close to 20mbps, sometimes it goes down to 5mbps and lower, depends on a lot of factors.

service wise, in my own personal experience they're not great, but plenty of people here are posting that they are happy with them just recently, so maybe UPC are improving the customer service from the NTL/Chorus days and i'm just a fussy old git! :)

Advertisement