Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

physics cramming??

Options
  • 01-06-2009 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

ok i have 4 full days before my physics exam and basically have nothing done for it bar learning some definitions and experiments. anyway what should i learn to max my marks, sections, topics etc?

i have the option covered and after that ??:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Pala!

Level?

Anyway, I'm on the same boat. Just scraped a 40% pass on the mocks and I haven't done much since (Stupid I know). I done a couple experiments and a couple of things but not a whole lot. Also I will only have two days of study for it.

Friday - Have Art. Study after it.
    Saturday - Agreed to go to my cousins birthday night in a limo. That's a night of study out the window. (Will have to do a lot during the day)
    Sunday - Free day, will be hungover but I'll have to get a lot done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Nuclear Physics. Easy and it was a question 12 last year so I'm hoping for a full one this year. If you know the definitions and formulae you should do well in Question 5 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

Pala! wrote: »
    Level?

Anyway, I'm on the same boat. Just scraped a 40% pass on the mocks and I haven't done much since (Stupid I know). I done a couple experiments and a couple of things but not a whole lot. Also I will only have two days of study for it.

Friday - Have Art. Study after it.
    Saturday - Agreed to go to my cousins birthday night in a limo. That's a night of study out the window. (Will have to do a lot during the day)
    Sunday - Free day, will be hungover but I'll have to get a lot done.
    honours for the time being unless i full freak out on the morning!! i know how ya feel had a similar thing too recently! what sections can i just ignore?? anyone?? help!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Mechanics and electricity! You'll be sorted for two questions, and maybe a part of Q12 too.

Heat's pretty easy, too. All the experiments are really similar, and the theory is minimal.

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Mechanics and electricity! You'll be sorted for two questions, and maybe a part of Q12 too.

Heat's pretty easy, too. All the experiments are really similar, and the theory is minimal.
    yes heat is the kinda thing i like, experiments are handy and not lots of learning... is there anything i can def rule out from learning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

yes heat is the kinda thing i like, experiments are handy and not lots of learning... is there anything i can def rule out from learning?

Well, personally, I wouldn't try to leave out bits of topics. I'm leaving out everything to do with atoms and particles and all that (everything up to Electricity and the Applied Electricity option).

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Well, personally, I wouldn't try to leave out bits of topics. I'm leaving out everything to do with atoms and particles and all that (everything up to Electricity and the Applied Electricity option).
    we didn do the electricity option so ill stick with the particle and that option!

People seem to find mechanics the most difficult, so, you could leave out that whole section (it's only 1.5 questions, bar the experiment question, though). Realistically, you can leave out any one major area. For example, I'm leaving out electricity/magnetism, except for the experiments.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

I also only scraped a 40% pass at mocks, but that was without any nuclear stuff covered. So I'm hoping a nice question on that will come up. Can't stand mechanics, although some of it is in the tables which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Pala!

I dropped down to ordinary.

Any idea on what I could go over?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

ok i have 4 full days before my physics exam and basically have nothing done for it bar learning some definitions and experiments. anyway what should i learn to max my marks, sections, topics etc?

i have the option covered and after that ??:eek:

Me too. Electricity makes up the most marks out of all the topics and go over the mandatory experiments(24/27 experiments do three qs on three exp and thats 30%).

Advertisement