Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musical Society/Group in Waterford or East Cork?

Options
  • 01-06-2009 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm moving to Waterford in about 8 weeks and I'm wondering if they're any good groups that put on musicals?
    I'm 16, so preferably one that wont mind someone of my age showing up:)

I'll be living between Dungarvan & Youghal, so anywhere in Waterford county, or east Cork would be preferable....

Thanking you in advance :D

-C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Carrick on Suir is the only one that springs to mind. Cork has very few if any musical societies which is weird. Check out www.aims.ie to be sure, they have lists of all the societies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RSDGlynn

A bit late, but I'm searching for one in waterford city but to no avail. Im trying to set one up if you'd be interested

Flaggy Lane and De La Salle in Waterford are both affiliated to AIMS.

Setting up a society is a mammoth task, bear in mind that an average show costs 20-40k (or more) to stage, that's a lot of money/support required when starting from scratch.

http://aims.ie/interact_discuss_displaythread.php?tid=7904
    Please pass this on to any of your friends that you think might be interested!

The 1st auditions for the Sound of Music took place last Saturday in Waterford and they were a huge success! No less than 171 kids from the ages of 5-19 showed up at the Tower Hotel from all over the county and even further afield. And the standard was top class.

Now it's the turn if the adults. Do you think you could be a Maria, a Mother Abbess or a captain Von Trapp or would simply like to be part of the chorus? Then come along to the Marina Hotel this Saturday from 1.30 -3.30pm with a song of your own choice (preferably from a musical) prepared. Good luck! If the kids are anything to go by this is going to be one hell of a show!

The show will take place in the Theatre Royal Waterford the first week in April.
    For more info call Vicki on 086 9408998

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭fataltragedy

Youghal has a musical society :)

They usually put on a show each year - I've played for the show the past few years.

No show this year as they're fundraising to do a bigger one next year - it's always a great affair though; they use professional costumes and effective-looking sets, etc!

Did Showboat the last time, and a variety show the year before that! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement