Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW KITTEN

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Well Tilly is doing v well- hes trained in the litter box now which is great- and is treating the house as his own:) always finding higher places to sleep- found him on the tv the other day:D

a far cry from the scared little kitten that came to us 2 weeks ago:)

Hi all

well tillys 10 weeks old now- big and bold and has grown massive- gained almost 300g in the last 2 weeks.

However small little issue with him- when we are eating he comes over moaning for something from our plate even if its something he cant eat. its so bad that even if i stand at the sink washing up he comes over winging(they sound like little squeals) for food- he knows the kitchens where the food comes from.

Id say something if we starved him but he eats 2 pouches a day and theres always food in his bowl its never empty

i know my partner spoils him and when im not here i know he feeds him off his plate. ive never done it so i know thats where hes gotten the habit from.

Anyway way we can stop him doing this. The vet suggested putting him in his cat box while we were eating but he screamed the place down

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

You can stop him doing it by stopping your partner feeding him off his plate when you're not around. If your partner won't stop doing that, you've lost before you've even started.

When you have plated up your dinner, put out a little of his own food for the kitten so he can eat his food at the same time as you eat yours.

That, and ignore all begging utterly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Nothing to add to the advice here already,

just wanted to say OMG what a cutie!! :D

Molberts wrote: »
    Nothing to add to the advice here already,

just wanted to say OMG what a cutie!! :D

Thanks:) yes he is so gorgeous he has gotten very big now as you can see:) cant believe how big hes gotten in the last 4 weeks:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement