Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Place for "Please DON'T Wash" Sign?

• 01-06-2009 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭

Car heading for Main Dealer this week for a service. Last time I was in I explicitly asked the service guy to ensure that my car was NOT washed. Fast forward 6 hours later - I pick it up.....freshly washed (with bonus swirls!). Now that I'm in a swirl-free zone again, where's best to put my "Please DO NOT wash car" sign? I'm thinking across the dashboard? Obviously I'll ask AGAIN that it not be done.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'm sorry but what's the problem?

They didn't charge you for it, I've never seen car wash on an itemized bill for a car service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

mikemac wrote: »
    I'm sorry but what's the problem?

They didn't charge you for it, I've never seen car wash on an itemized bill for a car service

Washing a car in a car wash creates 'swirls' on the paint, and damages the paint permanently if done enough times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Confab wrote: »
    Washing a car in a car wash creates 'swirls' on the paint, and damages the paint permanently if done enough times.

Aye, but this is a car dealer, and I'm assuming they use Valetors rather than a automatic car wash??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Not a bit of it L-M, most places will only horse it though the wash, or get the young fella to give it a wipe.

Compudaro, I reckon something like a hotel's "Do not disturb" sign hanging from the rear view mirror would be pretty unmissable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Tape it to the steering wheel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭veetwin

Have the car spotless going into the dealer. They will hardly go to the trouble of washing a spotlessy clean car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

veetwin wrote: »
    Have the car spotless going into the dealer. They will hardly go to the trouble of washing a spotlessy clean car.

+1. Don't give them the chance, but a note tapped across the steering wheel won't do any harm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

+1 on washing it before you go in - they won't bother washing it if its already clean.

I just asked my dealers not to do it when its in, even though based on the condition of the paintwork when I got it (it was long since landed and PDI'ed already, they valeted it when I bought it), whoever does it for them is probably as obsessive as me.

Advertisement