Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qual-Pex and push fit fittings..

Options
  • 01-06-2009 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

Simple question.

Do you need to use pipe inserts when using tectite fitting and qualpex?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Yes, also a good idea to visually check each fitting you use and check the grab ring is the right way around and the washers not missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Cheers ttm,Re doing my whole bathroom atm and want to mske sure im doing evrything right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Just to be sure I'm downloadinng the spec sheet (bit slow on dial up) but the info you want is here

Ok got it and the fittings are the ones I thought they were, yep, you need the inserts.

You could try these here I've just used them to replumb a caravan and they are very easy to use and include a dismantling ring to help you take fitings apart again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

There is with qualpex I have used it years its a brilliant product. Yes you have to use inserts. Its very Important! Only buy Tec Tite fitting in the push fir range all the others are sh1t

Another range I have started using lately and I HIGHLY rec it is John Gest Fittins and pipe. It comes with a thread lock and release and is a lot more secure,

To be honest if your using qualpex there is no reason not to use the traditional nut olive and fitting gob, Its SOOOOO easy with pex and because its a nut and thread its like john gest fittings for security and 1/3 rd the price

Best of luck! Remember use flexis on your bath with ISO valves for isolation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

The push fittngs worked fine , but i had a weep on the flex tap connectors , got a bit over exitied and ened up bursting the fitting on it , i took it off and connected the tap with a pice of qual pex and a nut and olive , but i still have a weep , ony thing i can think off is that i didnt use ptfe on the threads , so gonna get some in the morning , sorry if im not making any sense im very tired from pulling down wall tiles and pulling th bathroom apart :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

i took it off and connected the tap with a pice of qual pex and a nut and olive , but i still have a weep , ony thing i can think off is that i didnt use ptfe on the threads , so gonna get some in the morning , sorry if im not making any sense im very tired from pulling down wall tiles and pulling th bathroom apart :(:(

No! you cannot do this! It might hold but its incorrect! you need to buy i think its called a tec17 fitting. Tell the lad in the shop what you are doing. What you need is push fit one side and female the other with a seat for sealing the tap!

Very important!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kobs15

you need a screw on tec-tite tap connector, this comes with a washer, you need to get some hawk white, and spread around the washer, screw it on to the connection tighten up and then pipe up with Q-pex. This the best way in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

make sure that there are no scratches on qualpex pipe when using push on type connectors

Advertisement