Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2000 Toyota Corolla

• 01-06-2009 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,

I just bought a 2000 Toyota Corolla. The Radio and Tape player are standard. I have AM but no FM. I cannot bring in any channel clear channel on FM. Take 91.3FM Should be 2FM but I cannot bring it in clear?

I can only receive Radio 1 on 252 please HELP. Before I go MAD......

Mick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Your external antenna is kaput.
    Buy a new one and before you pull the old one out cut the coax just under the body mount and tape the new cable to the old and fish it back through.
    The reason that AM works and FM doesn't is that there is an internal AM antenna in most radios.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

could be 2 types of antenna depending on the body style, is it a hatchback or saloon?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 MKEOGHAN

It is a saloon 2000 1.4 VVTI

That would mean it has the aeriel on the pillar as opposed to on the roof. haven't heard of these giving bother, might be an idea to unscrew the aeriel assembly, take it out and make sure the lead is attached to the end.

could be an issue with the headunit too.

I checked the cables on the side panel beside the window - Looked connected to me. Any tips about removal of the headunit its huge?

Still only Radio 1 - HELP

• Advertisement

Check THIS thread out for more details.

I'm guessing it's a headunit problem. but check the connections at the back anyhow.

You can replace with a CD player quite cheaply.

This is now sorted. 30 min from start to finish. Removed the front dash. Replaced the tape player with a 3rd party head unit. The only thing that I needed to buy was a Corolla adaptor for the head unit.

Thanks for the help
    Mick :)

Good stuff!

Advertisement