Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many have not studied?

Options
  • 01-06-2009 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Have many people done little study?

I need at least 300 points myself - but all I've learned is a few essays (I know, I'm an idiot!).

I read that 55% of people get over 300 points, and I am in the top class, so should I be able to pull it off with cramming in the night/weekend before?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I've never studided. I'd say you can get that. I got 385 in the mocks and I haven't done anything. I might go down though cos I haven't been in school for so long so I'm a bit rusty :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ah yeah I'd say it's easy enough to get 300 points by just listening in class anddoing your homework.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

depends on your definiteion of "not studied". I've studied fairly hard by some people's standards, but I haven't really done much study by other people's standards.

If you have been attending class and doing homework for 2 years, and know the format of the paper and are familiar with the way the questions are asked, you should be okay.

If you just have done absolutely nothing, 300 could be prove troublesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

nah me either, too much effort, and i find college kinda gay by the looks of it. might go to DIT or a random college in Netherlands when im 23.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hopeful_girl

i wish id studied.
    but like

its been so sunny.

i think hitting past the 300 hundred with not much work is gna be easy peasy =D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

Wait... June 3rd? Is it not JULY?! FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Depends on the person I guess. Some people will just retain information others might need to go over it more;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

You can do pretty well from just listening in class and doing all your homework, it's amazing how much stuff floods back into your head under exam conditions.
    Need to get me Higher BBCC still though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I haven't studied much at all. In fact, the knowledge I currently have is most likely insufficient for me to pass most subjects. I'm fairly forgetful as well.
    I'm going to Ballyfermot PLC though, so all I need is five passes in anything at any level, so I'm kinda taking it easy.
    Still, I reckon it'll be a case of "night-before cramming", like it was for my Mocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

I've done little myself.. If I was to do it without study, I could probably get about 350. Which isn't enough! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

My "study" has consisted of learning the proofs in maths,the subject I'm not even counting. I need 540 points or so,if I don't get it I know it's entirely my own fault but I guess it makes for an interesting few weeks,no? :rolleyes:

I guess it depends on your subjects and levels too. Good luck either way,I'm sure you can do it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

I started off with good intentions and I've gone through spells of doing a fair bit of study but over all I've done F all. I need about 340.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

I've done sweet fúck all study all year apart from some cramming in the last 3 days....I hope to get around 400 although my expectations are getting lower and lower with every passing day :S
    If I get lucky and everything I crammed comes up....I should get over 400 but otherwise it will be around 350!
    Looking back, I really wish I had actually studied all those times I went to my room and slept while pretending to study. :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

Looking back, I really wish I had actually studied all those times I went to my room and slept while pretending to study. :(:(
    Oh boy do I know how that feels! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Ah sure theres always 7th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    Oh boy do I know how that feels! :D

Hell yeah. Laptops have become my mortal enemy:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

ha ha i knoew a fella who had one.Sickner id crack

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Right here buddy.

I still feel great about 3 subjects, ok about 2

(... and awful about 2 others, Why oh why did I do chemistry?!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

i have done a fair amount but i cant actually remember it....:( anyone else lik that??
    And I am NOT going back for a 7th year!!:eek:
    O and yeah chem is a B*lls,!, physics too...

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

ya i need 300 and i got 380 in the mocks (which i started the morning after i came home from holiday) soo i should be fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I don't know how anybody could repeat :eek: I could not stand a 6th year in school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Sean_Ludawg

I rather jump off the Cliffs of Moher.
    Now or never for me!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I would never ever EVER repeat! I just couldn't! Like Sean_Ludawg, tis now or never! And sure if we fail, there's always plcs and backdoors into college (if that's what the aim is). WOO OPTIMISM! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

I haven't studied at all, safe for today when I spent it working tru home ec past papers. I got 290 for my mocks and been getting grinds in the subject I failed.

Should get over 300 at least cos the always mark the mocks harder and ive got the orals, aurals, geo project and home ec project to count for this too.

I tech need 440 points and a pass in maths which i am still doing blooding honours in, aswell as english higher level c3 but tbh I'm not set about going to college.

Im studying for subjects the night before, done a good lot of work tru out the year aswell even tho I been out and late a lot.

Im not scared, should do alrite.

And I did ty which means I already done 6th year in school! If i was to for reason find something i suddenly really want to do no matter what I'd probably just repeat the exams but not the school year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I haven't done anything and I need at least 450(Arts with Music UCC). Got 485 in the pres with a little help from the cheat threads on here(although to be fair, a lot of rumours going around the school turned out to be correct anyway). I'll be mortified if I go down. All along I've wanted over 500, I'm now laughing at myself in hindsight. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I did about 1 hour a day for 2 weeks.

I need 335 points for arts in UCC but I'll be happy with over 300 becasue I put down computer science as well.

I got 370 in the mocks (Without cheating by looking at papers beforehand) with a lack of study so I think I'll be fine. :rolleyes:

(I can't wait for August when I come onto boards.ie to say I failed) :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I rather jump off the Cliffs of Moher.
    Now or never for me!

wouldnt diss it, was good fun and alot more focused... then again i'm STILL in college... 24... more letters after my name than in it by the end

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i'm just gonna cram the day before.its worked a treat for me in the junior and no study at all for the mocks got me 285 points

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Despite doing only the minimum, I feel ridiculously over-confident right now. I really feel like I should have shat my pants about my laziness a long time ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm sorta worried that my week and a half of non-stop English, Irish and Maths will have puched all my other subjects from my head :(

Advertisement