Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time body piercing apprenticships?

Options
  • 01-06-2009 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

I'm doing the leaving cert next year and after I'm finished I'm planning on doing arts with creative writing in NUIG. I love writing and would love it as a full time job but I know success is highly unlikely so I also want to train as a piercer since it's a lot more realistic. I love body piercings, I think they are beautiful and unique and so much can be shown and expressed simply with a small piece of metal. What I'm wondering is would it be possible to train as a piercer while also attending NUIG? Obviously I couldn't be a full time apprentice but I would be willing to go in between and after lectures and on weekends. I know apprenticeships are hard to get and there is usually a lot of competition but this isn't just a passing interest. This is a serious idea and I'm asking so early because if it is possible to apprentice part time then I would like to start studying anatomy, blood borne pathogens e.t.c as soon as possible so I will have enough information to help when looking for an apprenticeship. Any help an information is much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

To be honest in my experience...no chance of a part time apprenticeship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I was turned down for an interview with a studio because I am in college, they said that because I was there i wouldn't be able to focus on both, and one or both would suffer. They said that college is more important at the moment, and to apply once I finished.

It's nothing something you can do part time, and body piercers would take offence if you thought it was something just to do on the side during college, body piercing isn't easy.

To be honest, places aren't gonna take someone on part time (i think) when there is plenty of people out there willing and able to go at it fulltime and put all their heart and energy into it.

Wait until you finish college then go at it hell for leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Thought that was probably the case but decided to check anyway. Thanks.

Advertisement