Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Comparative: Cinema Paradiso - Key Moment

Options
  • 01-06-2009 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Realising I could be asked about key moments, what are the key moments in Cinema Paradiso?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

anywhere I can watch cinema paradiso on the net? and isn't there 2 versions? do you have to say which version you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

You a fan of procrastination?

Try one of those illicit sites..not sure if I can name them here....not that I know anything about them.

I watched both versions and just combined them into one and use whichever part suits me. No you don't have to specify.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

yeah I am a fan. hoped somebody would have a link cos I'm lazy :pac: I'll just search

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

The main ones that stick out in my mind are:

When Toto helps Alfredo in the exam, afterwards they're great friends.

When the Cinema burns down, you see the statue of Mary surrounded by flames which signifies the end of the church's control over the church and more risqué films being shown.

And obviously when Alfredo tells Toto to leave and never come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Mine are:

Key Moment 1 - Alfredo and Toto bantering in the projection room and the beginning of the film

Key Moment 2 - Toto rescuing Alf from the fire

Key Moment 3 - Alf giving Toto advice about life and Elena

Key Moment 4 - Alf's funeral

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

1)Father Adelfio censoring the films by removing the intimate moments-CC shows power of catholic church.

2)Alfredo covering for Toto by giving the 50 lire to his mother and saying he was let into the film for free-shows their relationship progressing

3)Alfredo covering for Toto again by distracting Father Adelfio so he can go into the confession booth to profess his love for Elena.

4)Toto's personal unhappiness.The opening of the text-some woman who hes far from in love with-admitting to his mother at the end that he still love Elena!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

After Toto falls asleep during mass and the priest's asking him whether he's been eating instead of sleeping at night.
    Poignant answer, blah blah, "Father Adelfio, at my house we don't even eat at noon". Shows poverty blah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

Key moment 1 - Toto pesters Alf in the projection room

Key moment 2 - Alf covers for Toto when he spends money in the cinema

Key moment 3 - The bike riding scene, solidifys the bond between Alf and Toto

Key moment 4 - Toto saves Alf from burning cinema, their relationship roles are reversed

Key moment 5 - Alf makes Toto leave for a better life, conceals information about Alena for Toto's benefit

Key moment 6 - Alfs Funeral, an unhappy but prosperous Salvatore comes back.

Key moment 7 - Alf returns in Pog form in the mid nineties

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

and and and, when they have sex at the pier!
    closure for her, makes him want her more, but realises, as our engish teacher says "he must allow his heart to love"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Dumbledore

I know the film pretty well after watching the directors cut the other night(to be honest it was like a three hour orgasm, what a movie) but I was wondering, is it ok to point out contrasts within the essay too? Or is it al about comparisons?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Arent they all Theme and Issue key moments?

Isnt that the one that is predicted to not be on the exam this year.

Advertisement