Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 1 Prediction

Options
  • 01-06-2009 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭

A blog, for one of the question Bs.

There was a website article last year and they're always trying to make the paper more relevant to real life.
    So, just steal lots of ideas from all the good ole LC bloggers!

I'll probably be deleting this thread on Wednesday, just have a feeling though. *shrugs*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

is there a list of things they ask you in the B part?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Signature

I'm going over a diary entry, letter, report and film review.

Just go over the layouts (easy) and you'll be fine. I'm 1% sure none of these will come up. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

in fairness even if you dont revise diary entries, letters etc., you could probably do it fairly easy on the day! like the layout of a letter isn't that hard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Signature

phic wrote: »
    in fairness even if you dont revise diary entries, letters etc., you could probably do it fairly easy on the day! like the layout of a letter isn't that hard!

Very true. They'll take just a few seconds to go over! All I'm going over for paper 1 is that and the techniques. I'm really only studying paper 2 today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

whats the format for a report? theres 4 things to do isnt there? information...and what else, i cant think! do ya put a headline on the report? or is dat just the article, whats the layout for that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

phic wrote: »

Paper 1 is more a test on your writing skills.Paper 2 is the real exam.ps.please make bishop come up lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

Something about hope will come up in the essay section :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

:O how do you know??

Some guy I know said his teachers are high up and that something on hope in the essay section (short story) will come up. His teacher also said Longley, Keats, Bishop and Montague are coming up. Thats what he said anyway, I wouldn't take his advise as concrete, infact I'm not lol. I'm studying Walcott and small bits of Montague. :o

So if we see anything about hope on the essay section tomorrow than we know those are the poets that are coming up lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

A guy in my school proposed that the theme of the English exam would be to do with supernatural/supersition-type-stuff, because there were a few Friday 13ths this year :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

hmm.. i shall start thinking about a hope story so:D thank youu!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

i heard the theme of childhood is coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

ImJohn wrote: »
    His teacher also said Longley, Keats, Bishop and Montague are coming up.
    Walcott ftw!!
    God I hope he comes up....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

yep walcott for me too!or bishop.i know rich but not as well as id like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I too am on the Walcott wagon :o He's so easy. It's all nature this, nature that. With a bit of lost love. . .

I'm gonna have a quick read over Montague aswell. Isn't his poets about a pig (Killing the Pig), a fish (The Fish), his mother (The locket) and his father (The cage)? He's all negative though so he's depressing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Pala!

I find Montague interesting.

But The Fish is a Bishop poem ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Pala! wrote: »
    I find Montague interesting.

But The Fish is a Bishop poem ;)

I know, but Montague did one aswell :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Here are some blogs to copy http://www.leaving-cert.net :D

I don't think there will be any big surprises on paper 1 really...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

World Problems most likely, more then likely globlisation problems economy etc.

The name of Montague's poem is "trout" I think. I'm just reading over him, hes so easy :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

ImJohn wrote: »
    Some guy I know said his teachers are high up and that something on hope in the essay section (short story) will come up.

I dunno if we're talking about the same person, but my grinds teacher is pretty high up as well and made us do a load of stuff during the year on hope.

Interesting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 VivaLaVida

Do your teachers think the personal essay will be on hope too?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Pala!

What is the personal essay structure?

What type of language etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Hope? How the fook are you supposed to write an interesting essay on hope!
    Christ I hope it aint about hope!

Also my predictions for poets are as follows

Keats, Bishop, Longley and Montague

Hope would be a brilliant theme.

It would be interesting to a write a short story, or even a personal essay, incorporating the theme of hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

Didn't the theme of hope come up in a short story in the past 5 years? I'm almost 100% sure it did if that means anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Didn't the theme of hope come up in a short story in the past 5 years? I'm almost 100% sure it did if that means anything!

Yep, as far as I can remember it was something like 'Hope is a sustaining human gift'.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Hope or change will most likely come up. Remember who was elected in November around the time the paper was set. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

MrPirate wrote: »
    Hope or change will most likely come up. Remember who was elected in November around the time the paper was set. :D
    Change was the theme in 2007 so that's unlikely.

Advertisement