Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 1 Prediction

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

I heard someone say that freedom could be the theme due to Obama. He symbolises democracy and has tried to close guantanamo and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

do many people have short stories prepared, or ideas, or characters prepared? I have nothing prepared, kind of ****ting it for the short story now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

do many people have short stories prepared, or ideas, or characters prepared? I have nothing prepared, kind of ****ting it for the short story now!
    Apparently they're making it harder for people to go in with short stories prepared this year so I wouldn't worry too much. You could always do the personal essay too.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Jello wrote: »
    Change was the theme in 2007 so that's unlikely.
    Forgot about that.. <_<
    I don't know why I'm worried to be honest, regardless of the theme, paper 1 is going to be the most fun in an exam possible; always is for me. I <3 P1.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Remmy wrote: »
    i heard the theme of childhood is coming up.

childhood was up for my mocks so i doubt it will be up again:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭deisechap09

for the short story can you write on a first person narrative looking back on your life...say a footballer looking back on his career for example or must it be in third person narrative

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

MrPirate wrote: »
    Hope or change will most likely come up. Remember who was elected in November around the time the paper was set. :D

this could also mean a political speach could be up!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

I hope Longely come up on P2. Find him handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

why is everyone so worried about the theme..theres going to be a narrative essay on the paper which you can pretty much write whatever you want on...and the comprehensions are totally unpredictable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I hate short stories. You could always just write a personal essay from the third person, like deisechap09 said.

I don't think it has to be in the third person, it just has to be a story as opposed to an opinion-style piece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Pala!

How would you go about a personal essay.

Please help, just basic points on a personal essay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Tomorrows headlines

"50,000 students fall asleep during exam"

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nihilist21

for the short story can you write on a first person narrative looking back on your life...say a footballer looking back on his career for example or must it be in third person narrative

It can be either first or third person.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Ooor you can write a political essay. :P
    For the JC I wrote a 7 page essay about a revolutionary group that kidnapped Bush and began a complete overthrow of the country. Sadly, paper 2 brought me down a bit...

But tomorrow I shall write an essay about Tiananmen Square.*

*3:30pm our time 20years ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

Tomorrows headlines

"50,000 students fall asleep during exam"

lol i no id be one haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Quick Question...

For the composition, are we supposed to answer with the Theme of the paper in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Jammyc wrote: »
    Quick Question...

For the composition, are we supposed to answer with the Theme of the paper in mind?
    I heard it's not essential but you'll get more marks if you can relate it to the theme of the paper in some way.

Jammyc wrote: »
    Quick Question...

The question will be created in such a way as to incorporate the paper's theme. So, in answering the question properly you'll be answering under the scope of the theme.

Advertisement