Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toy City, is it closed??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Argos in Enniskillen, Castlebar and Athlone is definitely more central than it is in Sligo. You can walk to it from the main shopping thoroughfares.

Sligo...yes, you could walk it, but even at that it's out on its own.

A half decent Argos is not and could not be in the centre of any town really though could it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

jimmmy wrote: »
    A four minute walk in Enniskillen is not the same distance as a 15 minute walk in Sligo. Ask any visitor to Sligo who has tried to find Argus there...have they stumbled across it as they were doing their shopping etc lol lol !

Dunno what point you are trying to make there re Argus in Castlebar...it is in the town centre there....hence it is busy. No buts.

that they cant find it has nothing to do with distance, I found it easely and I only live here, shortly and not in town. it's a five minute walk from dunnes which is accoording to you very good situated. BTW The argos in Enniskillen is a good example why argos shouldn't be in the center. you have to walk a long bit to your car with heavy stuff!!! 4 minutes from the main street maybe but I never had a space to park my car at the main street.

second comment was to show that a retail park works as long as there are some suppermarkets around it what the discussion was in the first place whuch proofs us right that that is what a ratail prak needs to suceed.

Your distances are always a bit differant from everybody elses since you said that the retail park in sligoo was half way to ballygally.

ps sorry for typ mistakes, have a baby in my arm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

MikeySligo wrote: »
    Argos in Enniskillen, Castlebar and Athlone is definitely more central than it is in Sligo. You can walk to it from the main shopping thoroughfares.

Agreed, that is what I said. That is why the argos in places like Enniskillen, Castlebar and Athlone are successful. As they say in retail...location, location, location!
    MikeySligo wrote: »
    Sligo...yes, you could walk it, but even at that it's out on its own.
    In Sligo you could walk to it, but it would be a very long walk, out past housing estates etc...so if you walk or use public transport why bother ?

Your distances are always a bit differant from everybody elses since you said that the retail park in sligoo was half way to ballygally.

Total rubbish, I never said or claimed in any way "the retail park in sligoo was half way to ballygally" !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

English firms come over and locate a few miles from a town centre and fail after a few years ...lets hope they pay good redundancy.

NOT ALL shops that opened in the retail park were ''English''!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

artyeva wrote: »
    NOT ALL shops that opened in the retail park were ''English''!!! :rolleyes:
    I was responding to a comment by someone who wrote "every unit up there will probably close in the next 12 to 18 months". Do most if not all of the bussiness in the retail warehouse park in Carraroe not have their headquarters in England ?

Reids are Scottish and Instore are Irish :D

Reids are Scottish and Instore are Irish :D

Thank you, Reids are British , Instore are no longer trading there.
    I guess that leave those who are still trading there all English / British based.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

I guess that leave those who are still trading there all English / British based.

You're getting just a little bit petty now jimmmmmy if you don't mind me saying so. SO WHAT if they're British, Swiss, Tunisian, Afghanastani or anyone....as long as they're there!

I do not really care where they are from either ( the firms which came to Sligo from across the water a few years ago and who tried to take business from local people / firms ). I was just responding to the poster who wrote " every unit up there will probably close in the next 12 to 18 months ". If they close / go back to Britain lets home they pay good redundancy.

• Advertisement

I do not really care where they are from either ( the firms which came to Sligo from across the water a few years ago and who tried to take business from local people / firms ). I was just responding to the poster who wrote " every unit up there will probably close in the next 12 to 18 months ". If they close / go back to Britain lets home they pay good redundancy.

ha ha ha jimmmmmmmy yer hilarious!!!!! if it doesn't matter to you why are you bringing it up twice in the above post????!!!

ah here, lookit, there's no talking to some people. i hold no time for this kind of ''they come here and take our jobs'' crip....

i'm out. :rolleyes:

It was brought up artyeva because I was clarfying your post where you wrote " "NOT ALL shops that opened in the retail park were ''English''!!!"

Total rubbish, I never said or claimed in any way "the retail park in sligo was half way to ballygally" !

Sorry just checked it was Ballysadare, eitherway your distances are a bit mixed up.

Don't let Mrs.T hear you just called the Scottish Brittish!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

ha ha ha jimmmmmmmy yer hilarious!!!!! if it doesn't matter to you why are you bringing it up twice in the above post????!!!

ah here, lookit, there's no talking to some people. i hold no time for this kind of ''they come here and take our jobs'' crip....

i'm out. :rolleyes:

I agree. I'm off too ......Might go to see some comely maidens dancing at down at me crossroads tonight.

Sorry just checked it was Ballysadare, .
    No problem ...big difference between Ballygally and Ballysadare
    eitherway your distances are a bit mixed up.
    Not that far out. Check it on a car mileometer sometime from the main st. of both....or better still walk it in the rain sometime....you will see its not very accessable to either urban centre.

Not that far out. Check it on a car mileometer sometime from the main st. of both....or better still walk it in the rain sometime....you will see its not very accessable to either urban centre.

yawn, you want to go over this again?????? think we had that discussion before too.

yawn, you want to go over this again?

No need . the ( lack of ) footfall in Carraroe has decided that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Harry Corry...back me up here fozzle:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Guys and Gals

Thread is been locked since the OP's question was answered after just one post and now there is 4 pages in which the thread has completely derailed to a debate which has been discussed several times in threads that continue to be locked and honestly is becoming fairly tedious.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement