Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nurse Jackie

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

This is good news, as i really liked Jaime on Kyle XY: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/10/08/nurse-jackie-jamie-alexander/

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Series 2 has recently started, I'm recording it at the moment so will update on the channel it's on. I think it's BBC2?

I loved the 1st series and bought the box set. I'll probably get the box set for series 2 anyway. I always find programmes missing when I'm trying to record a series, as often they are cancelled at short notice by the TV station.

Edie Falco is brilliant! I love Zoe too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Season 3 is starting soon in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Series 2 has recently started, I'm recording it at the moment so will update on the channel it's on. I think it's BBC2?

I loved the 1st series and bought the box set. I'll probably get the box set for series 2 anyway. I always find programmes missing when I'm trying to record a series, as often they are cancelled at short notice by the TV station.

Edie Falco is brilliant! I love Zoe too.

AFAIK this will be part of Sky Atlantic line up or one of the Sky channels. Season 2 could still appear on either RTÉ 2 or BBC 2, with the 3rd appearing on Sky.

I am not sure if I have seen season 2, has it been on TV over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Series 2 is on BBC2 on Saturday nights, about 10.50pm just after "The Tudors".

The 1st 2 episodes have aired so far & I watched them last night. It's so good!

I loved the bit about Twitter, you could just see it happening.

• Advertisement

Season 3 promo, kinda cool Matrix ripoff:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

Anybody watching this? Seems to be just going around in circles. The ending of last season made it look like the show would change dramtically with her durg addiction exposed but they've just let her explain it away and carried on with the same old storylines. The show hasn't progressed at all. A bit like Dexter last season. Must be a Showtime thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Playing catch up the latest 2 - 3 last night.. certainly not the strongest it's been!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 86,709 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 3 started on Sky Atlantic last week

Season finale tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvve nurse jackie i think all the episodes are brilliant im always hanging on every scene,brilliant drama,nothing like it on tv,the rest of it is crap in comparison..hate csi and all that stuff it seems so fake in comparison to nurse jackie,the acting in it is brilliant,the character and her addiction seems so real..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

one of my favourite shows. wasn't sure where they were going with it at the end of the last season, but this one has been very good imho. they needed to shake it up a bit though to keep it fresh and they've certainly done that.

great closing shot on the roof with with helipad in the last episode too. :)

also, saw this online:

nvnkS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Have to agree Vibe, I've just finished watching season 4 and they certainly shook things up. Best season so far I reckon and they left it open to go so many ways for season 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Didn't realise there was a Series 4 already. Looking forward to it, it's a great show.

Seasons 1 (and I think 2) are on UPC On Demand.

Source Digital Spy

Nurse Jackie is to get a "reboot" for its fifth season.

The Showtime drama - which airs on Sky Atlantic in the UK - stars Sopranos actress Edie Falco as Jackie Peyton, a drug-addicted ER nurse.

"I thought Nurse Jackie was really good, and I thought it could be great," said Clyde Phillips, who joined the show as its new showrunner in May.

"I was asked to reboot the show, and that's a challenge I willingly and happily accept," he told Deadline.

Nurse Jackie is expected to undergo cast changes for its new run, which Phillips has said will focus on "consequences".

"The newly sober Nurse Jackie character [will be] facing the consequences of what she has done to herself and others," he hinted.

A fifth season of Nurse Jackie will begin filming in late 2012 for broadcast in 2013.

May have to give it another chance if they reboot is done well. Have to say that I grew tired of the show a number of years back, it had a lot of potential but really went nowhere.

May have to give it another chance if they reboot is done well. Have to say that I grew tired of the show a number of years back, it had a lot of potential but really went nowhere.

I fear they might get rid some of good supporting cast maybe even only keep Edie

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Season 4 was very good - they shook the show up a good bit and made some changes. It worked.

ixoy wrote: »
    Season 4 was very good - they shook the show up a good bit and made some changes. It worked.

May have to give it a chance, think I gave up in season 2 when I realised that much like Hung there was a great premise but it simply went nowhere.

Yep, quite liked the latest season myself.

Although don't like the idea of a shake-up in the cast - it's a fairly great supporting cast particularly Anna Deavere Smith (Gloria), Peter Facinelli (Cooper) and Meritt Weaver (Zoey).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I love Nurse Jackie and agree that some of the supporting cast are great too and would be a loss (but I could live without Cooper)
    THe show did seem to go around in a loop at times, would be great to see pregression of some stories consequences etc
    I would also love to see more of Dr O Haras life

Bring it on cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I enjoyed the last series.

I think that Jackie's lies do have to come around and that was happening in the last season. (RTÉ Two pace)

Anyone else view this in the same light as The Big C and Breaking Bad?

3 characters who all seem to continue to ruin their lives. (I know at the end of the first season of the Big C she told her family she had cancer).

Season 5 starts Sunday, April 14th

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Source Digital Spy

Nurse Jackie is to get a "reboot" for its fifth season.

The Showtime drama - which airs on Sky Atlantic in the UK - stars Sopranos actress Edie Falco as Jackie Peyton, a drug-addicted ER nurse.

"I thought Nurse Jackie was really good, and I thought it could be great," said Clyde Phillips, who joined the show as its new showrunner in May.

"I was asked to reboot the show, and that's a challenge I willingly and happily accept," he told Deadline.

Nurse Jackie is expected to undergo cast changes for its new run, which Phillips has said will focus on "consequences".

"The newly sober Nurse Jackie character [will be] facing the consequences of what she has done to herself and others," he hinted.

A fifth season of Nurse Jackie will begin filming in late 2012 for broadcast in 2013.

The new showrunner discusses the reboot here, new season 5 kicks off tomorrow on Showtime [US]: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nurse-jackie-season-5-clyde-phillips-438784

There is a webrip of the first two episodes of season 5 out there.......

Solid first two episodes although:

a) hope they give a bit more screen-time to Kevin this season... he's slowly becoming a "soap opera baddie" - every second line he says seems to be regarding Jackie losing custody of the kids.
    b) the
    re-hiring of Eddie felt a little bit too easy
    c) probably wishing for too much to think we
    might see the back of O' Hara

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

How soon before we can expect to see it on our screens here Basq?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I watched the first episode of the new season and had mixed feelings.
    I like drugs free Jackie and was so disappointed with the condom scenario. Didn't like the way they slotted Gloria back into her office as if nothing happened and then she just re-hires Eddie -
    Sorry that is just too silly for words.
    Please don't let O'Hara leave
    , I love her character. Not a bad start to the season I suppose but Season 4 will be very hard to follow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Only watched the first one so far, but I thought it was ok, yeah,
    the re-hiring of Eddie was a bit too easy alright - as was the fact that Gloria just seems to have been landed back in too

I also think that
    they need to just let Jackie be clean and explore other aspects of her personality. I mean we get it, she has dependency issues, we've seen that for 4 seasons already, I'm getting bored of her sticking tablets into her little pocket, only to see her in a "will-she won-she" scene ten minutes later - lazy writing.

I do hope that
    O'Hara doesn't leave, and I doubt she will, she's essential to Jackie's kids wellbeing

They also need to do something different with Zoey other than
    being a naive young girl - wonder why they got rid of her boyfriend, he was a fairly good character. Probably something stupid like Zoey + Coop will happen. Shudder.

There wasn't enough development of the
    new blonde doctor, the seasons are pretty short as it is, so all we know is there is this new doctor, who's father and looks have gotten her to where she is now, and as usual it's going to take the ascerbic Jackie to bring her down to earth, more lazy writing

Heh, that all looks like I hated the new episode, but I actually didn't.

Webrip of 5x03 is out there.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

How to know your marriage is dead...wake up from a car crash to find the ex asking "are you using ?".
    New cop guy suits her - it'll be interesting to see how he / she screws that up.

Advertisement