Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Africa Maps for Tom Tom One

Options
  • 01-06-2009 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm off to South Africa on a driving holiday from Capetown to Port Elizabeth soon and the hire car company has given me prices for Sat Navs. I'm much better off buying the maps and bringing my own Tom Tom One I think because it'll be way cheaper.

Can anyone recommend where to get the maps apart from the TomTom site? They're €65 on that and if I can buy them cheaper somewhere else, I will.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Lars-irl

I came back from South Africa in Jan. We rented a Tom Tom. To rent one in the Car rental shop it was 10Euro plus per day,though you can rent them in vodacom or most phone shops for approx 5/6Euro a day. There all lots of vodacom shops around so you can drop the device off where you want(kinda like carphone warehouse here). There is one in the main shopping mall in Cape Town and also one in Port Elizabeth airport.

I think we paid around 45 Euro for 9 days and saved the hassle of bringing my own TomTom and worked out cheaper also.

I suppose it all depends how long it goings to take you to drive to PE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Lars-irl wrote: »
    I came back from South Africa in Jan. We rented a Tom Tom. To rent one in the Car rental shop it was 10Euro plus per day,though you can rent them in vodacom or most phone shops for approx 5/6Euro a day. There all lots of vodacom shops around so you can drop the device off where you want(kinda like carphone warehouse here). There is one in the main shopping mall in Cape Town and also one in Port Elizabeth airport.

I think we paid around 45 Euro for 9 days and saved the hassle of bringing my own TomTom and worked out cheaper also.

I suppose it all depends how long it goings to take you to drive to PE.

Thanks a lot for that. Trouble is we're driving for 14 or 15 days so the daily hire option might work out dearer.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I think they can only be bought from tom tom directly,

Advertisement