Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left 4 Dead... 2.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I'm going to get the 4 pack tomorrow from the UK if i can, I already have one other person so if there is anyone who is interested in the other copies send me a message on steam. Im not interested in making any money on it just whatever it costs / 4 .

I'd love to get in on this, will try and find your ID on the boards group. I'm http://steamcommunity.com/id/ProjectColossus

Anyone else feel free to add me (I've been remiss about adding boardsies, I know..). Playing TF2 and L4D mainly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

I'm going to get the 4 pack tomorrow from the UK if i can, I already have one other person so if there is anyone who is interested in the other copies send me a message on steam. Im not interested in making any money on it just whatever it costs / 4 .

Also interested in this - couldn't pm you but added you in steam just there - account name is theincrediblepudding.
    Also up for playing with more boardsies - too many eejits out there in public land!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Also interested in this - couldn't pm you but added you in steam just there - account name is theincrediblepudding.
    Also up for playing with more boardsies - too many eejits out there in public land!
    I'd love to get in on this, will try and find your ID on the boards group. I'm http://steamcommunity.com/id/ProjectColossus

Anyone else feel free to add me (I've been remiss about adding boardsies, I know..). Playing TF2 and L4D mainly.

Alright guys, girlfriend bought it today. Im not going to log onto to steam myself today in case they get a bit suspicious about the different ip addrress

Shatners could you get in touch just so we can sort some stuff out? I was talking to you already Colossus.

I think its €22.50 each, I'll confirm tomorrow after i go into the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Ah yes, had just PMd you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Amazing, Valve added 4+4 matchmaking today in L4D1. They should have listened to the community long before today. In fact, theres a thread on the steam forum asking for the feature for maybe the last three quarters of a year.... Did that co-incide with the release of 2? Or is it still locked?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Alright guys, girlfriend bought it today. Im not going to log onto to steam myself today in case they get a bit suspicious about the different ip addrress

Shatners could you get in touch just so we can sort some stuff out? I was talking to you already Colossus.

I think its €22.50 each, I'll confirm tomorrow after i go into the bank.

I paid €23.20 through PAYPAL when I did it this way with UK mates. Still a lot better than the full whack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Amazing, Valve added 4+4 matchmaking today in L4D1. They should have listened to the community long before today. In fact, theres a thread on the steam forum asking for the feature for maybe the last three quarters of a year.... Did that co-incide with the release of 2? Or is it still locked?
    2 is still locked.

Seifer wrote: »
    2 is still locked.

Ahh, fair enough. I'll hold off on the purchase till i hear from y'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I paid €23.20 through PAYPAL when I did it this way with UK mates. Still a lot better than the full whack.

yeah for me to get the €22.50 the guys would need to send me €23.65 via paypal.

I probably wouldnt have got the best exchange rate either, I took money out of a bank machine with my laser card , im sure there was probably some manor of charge for that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Yeah exactly, I always got annoyed with the difference in prices between UK and us for their games so I buy all my games this way. Managed to get the Full steam pack late last year for about €82 which would have cost me nearly twice that paying direct.

As you say there are slightly cheaper ways of doing it through paypal but I did not mind paying the extra few cents, just to get the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Just pm'd you there witness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Anyone going to the movies.ie Left For Dead 2 night in Sugarclub this Friday?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,573 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well I have been giving the demo a spin & to be honest, everything I thought about it was true; it's an expansion pack & in no way deserving of a full price purchase. Oh sure, the new weapons are good (the machete now makes boomer spit less a pain, just slash wildly & you'll survive the onslaught), and the new infected are pretty good, but I can't shake the feeling that this is the exact same game as before, only now in variable daytime.

Oh and I suppose it's an offshoot of a free-to-all demo, but the average skill level of some of the players is laughably bad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Got the demo this morning outta curiosity. Was thinking about getting it, but meh after 2 levels I found it to be very boring (like the first one). Same story over and over again, theirs no real challenge to the game which I find pointless.

wont be buying it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Got the demo this morning outta curiosity. Was thinking about getting it, but meh after 2 levels I found it to be very boring (like the first one). Same story over and over again, theirs no real challenge to the game which I find pointless.

wont be buying it.

Have you tried it on expert with a few mates?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

wont be buying it.
    they really did pick the 2 most uneventful levels to showcase. theres better stuff in the full game to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Maximilian wrote: »

Haha I didnt know he was recording my roller coaster charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

wont be buying it.

Expert + Realism.

If you dont find a challenge there then theres no way i am playing you in versus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Jumpy wrote: »
    Expert + Realism.

If you dont find a challenge there then theres no way i am playing you in versus.
    The two are completely unrelated tbh. You can be as slow as you like playing expert and pick your way through the level. Try that in versus and you'll die.
    R_H_C_P wrote:

wont be buying it.
    The story has nothing to do with the game. As Overheal said, for some reason they picked two of the most bland levels to showcase the sequel.
    Versus is where the fun is at so try that if you can before you complete your judgement.

• Advertisement

Yeah im finding this game **** because of pubbers, if anyone could add me and spam when they need a group filled then add "malongorph".

Scavenge is awesome.

i got this game yesterday. i'm enjoying it but i find it drops the game about 50% of the time. anyone else having his problem ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

i got this game yesterday. i'm enjoying it but i find it drops the game about 50% of the time. anyone else having his problem ?

I had random freezes but it's grand now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Posted this in 2 other places already, but it's £14.99 on Amazon right now for the pc!

Was kind of on the fence about this, but I've just placed an order for this and a headset, so will see a few of you online soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

It was unplayable for me for a while but lowering my settings made it grand again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

THAT WAS MY ROLLERCOASTER CHARGER YOU REFUGEE JUMPY!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Finally played it yesterday. It's a real improvement on the first one, so many more weapons, including all the melee ones, the different common infected and the different special infected. Doubt id be able to play the first one again.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    It was unplayable for me for a while but lowering my settings made it grand again :D

lowering my settings? how do i go about that. i see in one of the options i can switch to a local server, would this make a difference? thanks.

• Advertisement

lowering my settings? how do i go about that. i see in one of the options i can switch to a local server, would this make a difference? thanks.

He means graphics settings.

Advertisement