Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left 4 Dead... 2.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Creature wrote: »
    Dammit I want to see footage of the chainsaw I want it NAO!
    Don't you mean de-footage?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Creature wrote: »
    Dammit I want to see footage of the chainsaw I want it NAO!

WANT WANT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

No V8 chainsaw? Boycott L4d2!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

pixelburp wrote: »
    *sigh*

Well, it took long enough for them to find their pitchforks; but sure enough, it has started:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/l4d2-racism-accusation-insanity
    L00ney bin.
    Valve wrote:
    "I honestly re-read the paragraph about five times ... but when two of the characters in your game are African-American, it's a weird thing to be accused of. We're like, 'how does this work'?"

lol

Im sorry to say its very typical of the PC-Black community in America: they spend a lot of time, sadly, chasing any whiff of racism, even where none exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

I suppose it's understandable to a degree that the black population would try to stay aware and alert of possible 'racism through the back door', but in this case, I can't see any argument here at all.

• Advertisement

I suppose it's understandable to a degree that the black population would try to stay aware and alert of possible 'racism through the back door', but in this case, I can't see any argument here at all.
    Dont get me started. I hate the way certain minorities bitch for equal rights then turn right around and say society owes them a debt. mutually exclusive.

Im beginning to lean toward the looking-forward crowd. Theres a few servers up with weapon mods? You may have seen them. You get a special weapon drop at the start of the round, and whenever a tank comes. So you might get incendiary bullets, or you might get an escape knife that lets you get out of one pull or pounce, etc.

Anyway, in many of L4D's scenarios, the bullets are truly a pain in the ass. However there are a few places where ive seen a tank spawn, and you suddenly realise "oh of course" - like the No Mercy Sewers. Its impossible to keep a tank lit for any span of time in there, because of all the rat-infested water. with incendiary, it would become a fair fight. Similarly in the proposed Louisiana swampland, I imagine there will be a ton of such situations where lighting a tank on fire will be a task and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

So long as you happen to have tier 2's before that sewer it can be okay provided you can convince everyone to lay into the tank. Personally I found those modded servers to be a right pain for infected and just made things too easy for the survivors. Fair enough it probably helps out teams of randomers who can't work together but any half decent team can clean up.

eh youd be surprised. the nolimit on smokers and boomers really ****s up a survivors day sometimes.

Well the wait is almost over. Clearly, Valve has done their homework. If the trailer is some indication, it would be at least expected of any other developer currently on the market to have made this into a full blown sequel. And seeing as how in the intervening months, they totally managed to spoil TF2 as far as Im concerned, I am kinda glad they are encapsulating the first, and not piling on a second helping that many of the original's fans may simply not want to partake in.

Heres the latest leaked trailer

It looks very, very nice. Im almost contemplating a Pre-Order. Thats very unusual for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Looks great, alot better than the first even, but then again its only a trailer.

Will be getting it for sure, not sure if ill preorder though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Overheal wrote: »
    Well the wait is almost over. Clearly, Valve has done their homework. If the trailer is some indication, it would be at least expected of any other developer currently on the market to have made this into a full blown sequel. And seeing as how in the intervening months, they totally managed to spoil TF2 as far as Im concerned, I am kinda glad they are encapsulating the first, and not piling on a second helping that many of the original's fans may simply not want to partake in.

Heres the latest leaked trailer

It looks very, very nice. Im almost contemplating a Pre-Order. Thats very unusual for me.

WOW!!!!

yeah theres one or two goosebump moments in that trailer. It's looking like a winner.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

And the Preload has begun!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

5uspect wrote: »
    And the Preload has begun!

Nice and early . . . lovely.:)

The L4D2 Demo should now also be appearing in your "My Games" list.

Borderlands pre-load has also begun on Steam!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

Nice and early . . . lovely.:)

The L4D2 Demo should now also be appearing in your "My Games" list.

Borderlands pre-load has also begun on Steam!

Pre-loading both borderlands and the L4D2 demo at the mo. Gonna take awhile me thinks :)

Was fairly speedy. About 2.5 gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I think the world has woken up and realised it's up because I can't even log into steam :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

A little birdie tells me that the L4D maps may be playable via L4D2 if you already own the first game . . . . aka no need to change games and server admins can interchange.

Only a rumour currently, naturally.

;)

Francis gets to hate chainsaws????

Francis gets to hate chainsaws????

and clowns.

• Advertisement

So the pre-ordered, pre-loaded, pre-boycotted demo goes live at 8pm.

Start your chainsaws!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I wonder if they will leave out versus like they did with the first demo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

8pm? **** it I'm off home to play it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

regret not preordering it now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Hurry up 8 o'clock! We're all waiting ffs.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Jesus christ. I can't wait another 2 minutes

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    regret not preordering it now :(
    is it last chance to access demo???

is it last chance to access demo???

As far as I am aware, if you pre-order the game you get access to the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

anyone having issues connecting to steam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

As far as I am aware, if you pre-order the game you get access to the demo.
    Or you can just wait a week.
    I don't know why everyone's so excited. Steam's server will crap out in an unholy manner with so many people downloading it and trying to play it.

Advertisement