Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left 4 Dead... 2.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Someone told me in work the Xbox 360 players currently have the demo already. Is this true? CVG seems to confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yeah if you have a preorder code you can download the 360 demo. Unfortunately the codes don't seem to work in Ireland!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Someone told me in work the Xbox 360 players currently have the demo already. Is this true? CVG seems to confirm it.

Correct, it was released some time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

A friend in the UK who is on the demo wrote me this;

ah-mazing! The melee weapons are great, the uncommon-common idea is inspired (in the 2 map demo you have to fight against the occasional riot-outfitted zombie- who are bullet-proof except on their backs!) the new special infected are terrifying and work really well to make the sequel feel very different, the graphics are much improved and the guns 'feel' so much more robust and damaging- although some of them feel weighted to be slower. All in all v.v.v.good!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

grizzly wrote: »
    A friend in the UK who is on the demo wrote me this;

ah-mazing! The melee weapons are great, the uncommon-common idea is inspired (in the 2 map demo you have to fight against the occasional riot-outfitted zombie- who are bullet-proof except on their backs!) the new special infected are terrifying and work really well to make the sequel feel very different, the graphics are much improved and the guns 'feel' so much more robust and damaging- although some of them feel weighted to be slower. All in all v.v.v.good!

*covers ears with hands*SHUTUPSHUTUPshutupshutupshutupshutup

*shakes fist at valve* it had better be out at 8 ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

More info on the demo test for server owners:
    We are still trying to get some final tweaks into the server so please prepare for some updates in the near future addressing some bugs recently reported to us. Thanks.

Jason

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Steam just dropped another 2.7MB update to the Demo.

Dare I say it, but is it soon time to once again start your chainsaws?

EDIT:And now a 12.6MB Steam Client update.

9pm now. They are having a laugh.

It's getting a bit silly alright.

The Steam Forums remind me of this classic

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I dare not look in the forums.

But Sierra if you wanna give me a banhammer I'd happily go Banhappy on your behalf :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

Jumpy wrote: »
    9pm now. They are having a laugh.

says 10PM now >.>

5uspect wrote: »
    It's getting a bit silly alright.

The Steam Forums remind me of this classic

Hasn't been this bad in a long time.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Cant you just blanket-ban users from creating new threads in that forum?

Are they telling you anything or are you just cleaning up afterwards?

I wish they'd just stop teasing us now.

Are they telling you anything or are you just cleaning up afterwards?

If I were a betting man, I would say that Valve are now doing final testing - and depending on the severity of possible arising bugs the demo will be out soon . . . . . .

40 minutes does not a UAT make.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

is there a demo out today or somfin ?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

LMAO.

Really unpopular game this. Will probably sell maybe 14/15 copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

At least we know they are having fun playing it :(

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Valve/members

• Advertisement

They're probably testing.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Aaaaaand the valve site gets overloaded with half the gamers on the planet checking if there is another delay.

Aaaaaand the valve site gets overloaded with half the gamers on the planet checking if there is another delay.

Not surprising . . . not sure if those announcements via the games official page on the SC were all that necessary. It is just resulting in the community getting jammed.

There are over 900 in the L4D2 game chat at the moment . . . whenever I join it seems to crash Steam.;)

Are they not going to just press the button ffs?

Demo is out.:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You taking the piss? I'm still preordering and the ETA on the site says 2h 10m overdue :)

Haha, nope I aint. Try restarting Steam.:)

If some of you are getting a command prompt window when launching the demo, try running it under administrator privileges.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I got that, I just restarted steam and it decrypted the files. Anyway, it gets a thumbs up for me. I'm off to bed now :) I hope the zombies don't come for me.

Advertisement