Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another Good looking Show!French Foriegn Legion

• 01-06-2009 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭

National Geographic again!French Foriegn Legion,its following them about.I havent watch it yet,have it Sky +.Looks a good one and it says it new.

Its on again at midnight,usually on at 10 pm,worth a look.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Damn my mother!!! She cancelled all the good channels on sky!!! No Docs, Movies or Sports!!! But of course she kept the channels oprah is on!!!

Oh well, I will find it online I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Damn my mother!!! She cancelled all the good channels on sky!!! No Docs, Movies or Sports!!! But of course she kept the channels oprah is on!!!

Get the wallet out and pay for them yourself:pac:

Just after watching it there.Its good so it is.The aul 50km march with a few beers at the end looked like a bit of craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

Sure you have a 40km march to be looking forward to yourself at the weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

pmg58 wrote: »
    Sure you have a 40km march to be looking forward to yourself at the weekend!

Aye but no beer at the end of it!Only water!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Perhaps its time to cut the apron strings?:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

Aye but no beer at the end of it!Only water!:pac:

Well I'll have to see what I can do about that......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

It was a very good show.
    It was at pains to show various characters as real people whilst in the legion..there was the moroccan who everybody picked on,the asshole of an NCO who wouldnt let the guy enjoy his beer till he sent him on some other task and the british bloke who came across as a screwball and then deserted for no reason at all.
    As one guy said "We have everybody here..cooks,singers and ****".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

Degsy wrote: »
    It was a very good show.
    It was at pains to show various characters as real people whilst in the legion..there was the moroccan who everybody picked on,the asshole of an NCO who wouldnt let the guy enjoy his beer till he sent him on some other task and the british bloke who came across as a screwball and then deserted for no reason at all.
    As one guy said "We have everybody here..cooks,singers and ****".

That English guy was such a contradiction. At the beginning of the show he was moaning about the standard of some of the recruits saying they weren't right for the Legion and then he ended up running away himself!

I though the othe English fella was much more interesting. Really smart, well-spoken guy expected to go to Oxbridge after school but joined the Legion instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

In my experience the Estrangers are just like any other professional military outfit, if a little top heavy in terms of adaptability.

The subtex is: (french context) conscripts, regardless of technology are sub standard on the ground...

Compare like with like and the FL are not so "elite" in my experience., damn good soldiers but not remarkable when compared to similar EU professional forces.

Have to admire their crazy ambush tactics though... talk about dying for the cause...

Scoot out be damned, debuss & fight the enemy... sod the toll. Scary...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

May not be the same show but Nat Geo are showing a program on the Legion tonight at 10

• Advertisement
Advertisement