Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody going to Down?

• 01-06-2009 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭

Now that we can talk about it- anybody heading to Down on 16th/17th June? I'm going, can't wait!

But I've not seen them before- are they any good live?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm very tempted to go, *if* I can afford it. Wallet has taken a hammering this weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I'm very tempted to go, *if* I can afford it. Wallet has taken a hammering this weekend :(

Same here, but I'd make an exception for Phil Anselmo. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭hello_there_jim

the only thing im goin down is yore ma!

dont take offence please????

None taken as I find yore ma jokes unfunny and lame.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

the only thing down is your syndrome:rolleyes:

Take offense PLEASE!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

whos supporting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

I can't wait for that show, see you there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Chaosangel

whos supporting?

static x

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Saw them when they played the Ambassador there last year - wouldn't be too pushed in going to see them again. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

Chaosangel wrote: »
    static x

Hahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Only found out about this yesterday,think i'll head in,should be a good show. I assume the 16th is sold out?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

was delighted to hear static x where supporting, quite like their new album.

If the weather is like it is now and the place is heaving on the night as i think it will be, it'll be one hell of a sweat box :pac:

Chaosangel wrote: »
    static x

Please tell me you're joking. :(
    jenizzle wrote: »
    Saw them when they played the Ambassador there last year - wouldn't be too pushed in going to see them again. :rolleyes:

Really? Why's that? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭GlindaGale

I was at the gig in the Ambassador too and thought they were brilliant. Won't be going to the gig here as I'm going to see them at download, they're definitely worth seeing a second time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Think Il be going to this, HAVE to see Phil Anselmo in the flesh while possible,

dont they usually play a movie instead of support acts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Feck, too busy workwise to go, brother's going .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Is it the 16th and 17th? I might if I'm not too bolloxed after Download

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

It's both the 16th and 17th, think the 16th is sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

saw em a few years ago. were good only phil was pi55ed drunk (I think!) and rambled a lot between songs.

Anyone know of the supposed live dvd to come out?

I'd love to see CoC live though...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Acacia wrote: »

Really? Why's that? :)

I loved their second album, but the newest one doesn't do much for me (much as I tried to get into it) so there's no point in going to see this tour again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'm going to both nights, first one with the woman and the other with my brother who is just finished his exams the day before the gig. Haven't missed them in Dublin yet and am looking forward to seeing them again! Class band live.

I loved their second album, but the newest one doesn't do much for me (much as I tried to get into it) so there's no point in going to see this tour again.

Ah right, I thought that they might not have been good the last time you saw and that's why you don't want to go again. :)

We should work out some sort of system for recognizing other boardsies at the the gig! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Ambassador was amazing. Great crowd interaction and crowd surfing was pretty much encouraged. Phil was up on the speakers and stuff. They are really experienced and know how to put on an amazing show. They had great lights for Jail and it made a very ambient atmosphere. Word of advice, if you go up the front be prepared to get crushed by crazy sweaty men. Ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Think Il be going to this, HAVE to see Phil Anselmo in the flesh while possible,

dont they usually play a movie instead of support acts?

Tell me about it, I could have died happily last year after he came up on the speaker to slap hands with the crowd. I'm gonna wait outside like a stalker and meet him. :o

Yea, they played a movie last year.

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Word of advice, if you go up the front be prepared to get crushed by crazy sweaty men. Ouch.

Hmmm...is it worth being crushed by sweaty men to be two feet away from Phil Anselmo....?

Yes! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Acacia wrote: »
    We should work out some sort of system for recognizing other boardsies at the the gig! :D

Namebadges with our usernames on:p

Would give non-boardsies a good giggle too:D

Hehe, I'd actually be up for that, or some sort of subtle clue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Too close to Hellfest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fredzer

Going to both nights, cant f**kin' wait, saw them last year in ambassador and was definitely one of my all time gigs, amazing energy from these guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Same here!

Advertisement