Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody going to Down?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

I'm going the 16th, can't wait. I really enjoyed the gig last year too.
    not looking forward to Static X though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Tonight folks!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

If they play anything like they played on Saturday, it's gonna be a savage gig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

I'm raging I couldn't make it. I was offered free tickets, but unfortunately, work committments meant I couldn't make it. Unlike most people, I would have loved to have seen Static X.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

all ill say is

9A82B1EB3E5648FEBDFF7D1449FE0754-800.jpg

Down predictably good, static x short and sweet would have loved to have heard more of their new songs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Great pic calex,

Heading tonight myself. Cant wait.

You mind if I yoink that pic for my background?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Calex, were ya up on the balcony for that pic? There was fine looking women up that side. Think they were probably sitting to the left of where ya took that photo. Don't think they were much interested in the music, but their presence was definitely appreciated :D

Down were well deadly, could of played for a smidgen longer especially if there was no support but can't complain with we got. Great stuff.

bigbadcon wrote: »
    Great pic calex,

Heading tonight myself. Cant wait.

You mind if I yoink that pic for my background?
    Work away if you click it there should be a bigger one
    fobster wrote: »
    Calex, were ya up on the balcony for that pic? There was fine looking women up that side. Think they were probably sitting to the left of where ya took that photo. Don't think they were much interested in the music, but their presence was definitely appreciated :D

Down were well deadly, could of played for a smidgen longer especially if there was no support but can't complain with we got. Great stuff.

saw them alright, Wayne statics wife was about there too.

there was a crazy girl right next to me with dark hair and glasses, who rocked her little socks off and sang at the top of her voice.

Was pretty empty up there too , think they only allowed people on the guest list up, ( i wasnt on it but got a friends wrist band as he had to leave after static X)

The gig was sold out but it really did seem like they undersold tickets for once :confused:

Was very comfortable compared to other occasions ive been in the academy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

the sooner they bring out a live dvd, the better!!

added all my pictures here http://pix.ie/calex/album/346092

just did a bulk upload too lazy to delete the rubbish ones :rolleyes:

video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHNEUDDm1tg

• Advertisement

They were really really good last night. They even played ole ole ole ole along with the everyone singing.

Crowd was going mental too. Havent seen crowd surfing like that in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Yeah, it was brilliant, I was right at the front, nice and close to Mr.Anselmo! I would definitely go again, twas a savage night!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Sweet gig. But they could have played a few of my faves like New Orleans and Jail...

Here is the defining moment of my life. :D:D:D:D

Worth him being a rude drunk knob the first night we waited at back door, and worth the wait in the cold by the tour buses the second night. Lovely guys, really funny and sound. Was chatting to Phil and got all emo and stupid, so I got a hug and kiss :o

5030_116309239837_503414837_2826935_8011474_n.jpg

Cool pic... Fair play

They did play New Orleans didnt they??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Sweet gig. But they could have played a few of my faves like New Orleans and Jail...

Here is the defining moment of my life. :D:D:D:D

Worth him being a rude drunk knob the first night we waited at back door, and worth the wait in the cold by the tour buses the second night. Lovely guys, really funny and sound. Was chatting to Phil and got all emo and stupid, so I got a hug and kiss :o

Oh my God!!!:eek:

I'm insanely jealous, Lil Kitten, yeh lucky yoke, yeh!:D:D

Fair play, I'm defo going to be hanging around post-gig next time they come over! I would die happy if I got a kiss from Phil!:pac:

They did play New Orleans though (on the 17th, at least!):confused::)

Advertisement