Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration.

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 932 ✭✭✭PaulieD

i never understood one thing, in ireland people seem to have a problem with people even if they're here legally, in the usa they seem in general to be pro immigrant who want to come to the country legally and work hard. different cultures i guess.

They have a problem with the governments policies not the foreigners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

PaulieD wrote: »
    They have a problem with the governments policies not the foreigners.

Some do. However it always struck me how when you hear the usual crap about free houses and and free cars and such like, the 'immigrant' given in the fairytale is always black.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

Affable wrote: »
    So the quotes I provided from the Quran regarding non-believers are all false?

You got the translation from where exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

DB10 wrote: »
    Immigration has to be cut down on.

Heaven forbid we end up like England with radical extreme Muslims dotted all over the country and political correctness gone wild.
    That is why parties like the BNP are started.

It is already creeping in with bans on Christians advertisements recently "as it may offend non Christians". None of whom would be offended and even though this is a Christian country.

What country is a Christain country?

KINGVictor wrote: »
    What country is a Christain country?

All european countries have a christian culture.

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    Some do. However it always struck me how when you hear the usual crap about free houses and and free cars and such like, the 'immigrant' given in the fairytale is always black.....

The poles are the new blacks. Seems to me they are now included in the myth du jour.

PaulieD wrote: »
    All european countries have a christian culture.

Western Europe is composed of secular democracies, for the most part. We've moved beyond that.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Ireland is a Christian and mostly Catholic country . Everything else is in the minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Ireland is a Christian and mostly Catholic country .
    The majority of the Irish population are practising Catholics?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Ireland is a Christian and mostly Catholic country . Everything else is in the minority.

The Irish state is secular. Anything else would be oppressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

i never understood one thing, in ireland people seem to have a problem with people even if they're here legally, in the usa they seem in general to be pro immigrant who want to come to the country legally and work hard. different cultures i guess.

I wouldn't agree entirely. There's a lot of Yanks giving out about Illegal Mexicans and such. Its a big issue for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Affable

riptide wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree entirely. There's a lot of Yanks giving out about Illegal Mexicans and such. Its a big issue for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3U9ENaTPLY

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Affable wrote: »

Bill O'Reilly. :pac::p What an a$$hole that guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Affable

Bill O'Reilly. :pac::p What an a$$hole that guy!

He's an utter prick. In this other clip he's going on about how secularists want to western-Europeanise the USA, with 'no morals or values'.

He just basically goes mad at aynone and smears them with being antipatriotic if they don't toe a socially conservative line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

The Irish state is secular. Anything else would be oppressive.
    If thats not an ironic statement, its an insane statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

People have been bitching about foreignors in America since I can remember and being from Texas...Mexicans get the brunt of it. Just like here...it has no merit.

sovtek wrote: »
    People have been bitching about foreignors in America since I can remember and being from Texas...Mexicans get the brunt of it. Just like here...it has no merit.

The last ones off the boat (or over the wall) always get the worst of it, including us paddies. For instance, I remember hearing stories of Vietnamese gangsters 'on the rampage' in Australia 20-25 years ago. Now it seems to be the Lebanese who are first in the firing line.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

If thats not an ironic statement, its an insane statement.

Okay, it's the most optimistic possible view. It's probably more accurate to say:
    - Ireland is much more secular than it used to be;
    - most of the intrusions of religion into politics, law, and public administration are legacies;
    - there few new intrusions of religion into public affairs;
    - many of the intrusions of the past are being undone, or their effect is diminishing.

In about two centuries we'll be truly secular. Just wait and see.

I stand over my statement that anything other than a secular state is oppressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 seancoistine

The country was'nt ruled from 2002-07. The borrowing/building/immigration was a kind of anarchy. The economy was driven by massive capital importation by the banks. Between 2003 and end of 2007 AIB expanded it's capital from 80 bil to 180 bil. The other banks did the same. The economy had 300-400 bil injected which created the construction boom and the immigration problem. If it continued, the native population would have been a minority in ten years. Who profited? banks, IBEC's, developers, etc. The government wanted it to keep going until the '07 election and reckoned they could ride out the slump for a few years

We now have approx 1.7 million workers, 400k un-employed and 400k immigrants.
    This is a serious situation which has to be un-wound to some extent.

Anybody who questioned what was happening was labelled a racist, by a leftist clique which saw careers and a future for itself as the leaders of the wonderful diverse melting pot. Who provided they platform for them. The Irish Times stands out. Judas and the 30 pieces of silver was nothing compared to this particular organ of public opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭belge boy

does ireland even have immigrants? it never seemed like that to me. its kinda like one of those countries that doesn't really have much diversity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

have you lived in the country for the last ten years? it's pretty obvious we have a massive amount of immigration over that time. I'm not against it mind just saying you must be living abroad or blind :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭belge boy

ok dublin has a little diversity, come on its a capital city afterall but outside that i don't think there are any immigrants. and ive never lived in ireland,.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

belge boy wrote: »
    ok dublin has a little diversity, come on its a capital city afterall but outside that i don't think there are any immigrants. and ive never lived in ireland,.

Then how do you know? Roughly 10% of the population was foreign born a couple of years back. Not sure what it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

The country was'nt ruled from 2002-07. The borrowing/building/immigration was a kind of anarchy. The economy was driven by massive capital importation by the banks. Between 2003 and end of 2007 AIB expanded it's capital from 80 bil to 180 bil. The other banks did the same. The economy had 300-400 bil injected which created the construction boom and the immigration problem. If it continued, the native population would have been a minority in ten years. Who profited? banks, IBEC's, developers, etc. The government wanted it to keep going until the '07 election and reckoned they could ride out the slump for a few years

We now have approx 1.7 million workers, 400k un-employed and 400k immigrants.
    This is a serious situation which has to be un-wound to some extent.

Anybody who questioned what was happening was labelled a racist, by a leftist clique which saw careers and a future for itself as the leaders of the wonderful diverse melting pot. Who provided they platform for them. The Irish Times stands out. Judas and the 30 pieces of silver was nothing compared to this particular organ of public opinion.

You are one of the few who know what you're talking about. I've been saying for years that they opened the borders to make a quick buck for wealthy elites and the tax payers can pick up the bills for all the immigrants' needs. So immigration was used as a way of transfering more wealth from ordinary people to the wealthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Kit1976

This post has been deleted.

And, of course, everyone working in the asylum system is an eejit, unlike yourself who could probably tell who was or was not entitled to asylum just by looking at them.

In Ireland, as in all EU countries, we decide on who is eligible for asylum by application of the Geneva Conventions. Just like the TV license inspectors, the people working in the area know all of the tricks, and none of them work.

It's funny in this country, every clown thinks that anyone doing a job is a fool and they could do it better by marching in off the street.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Thread closed. It had run its course several months ago, and while it's OK to drag up an old thread to add something interesting and new to it, it's not OK to do so in order to re-hash its arguments all over again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement