Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vets in Sligo

Options
  • 02-06-2009 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hey,

I got a new kitten a week ago and I need to bring her for injections as she is nearly 8 weeks old now! Do you know where in Sligo I can find any vets and are good ones? Would be good if you have the telephone number with it too! :)

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Inishfree Vets are almost opposite the Garda Barracks. Beside Peking House Chinese.

I found them grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

Inishfree Vets are almost opposite the Garda Barracks. Beside Peking House Chinese.

I found them grand.

Same here. Very dedicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

+ 1 for inisfree

Actually, one of our own sligo boardsies is a vet there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Benedicts on Pearse Road is great tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lilyw

I'd recommend Inishfree vets too, I had to have my cat put down and they were so good about it....I think darragh or darren was the name of the vet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Our menagery gets seen to here:

Dr. Sabine Conboy, Ballygreenina, Collooney, Co Sligo 071-9167187

With six animals over nine years now, only positive things to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

+1 for Darren at Innisfree.
    My mum took her cat to another vet mentioned to be spayed and they showed us the cats overies:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

peasant wrote: »
    Our menagery gets seen to here:

Dr. Sabine Conboy, Ballygreenina, Collooney, Co Sligo 071-9167187

With six animals over nine years now, only positive things to report.

That's where we go to, she is great! bit cheaper then the innishfree one. a bit out of town though.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

hey thanks a mill at everyone! I went to inisfree today and got a card so i know the opening hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

theres a vet beside pet stop opposite the mercy primary school. they also sell very good cat food called science plan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ryanch09 wrote: »
    theres a vet beside pet stop opposite the mercy primary school. they also sell very good cat food called science plan
    Yep, that's Inishfree.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

I was in Inishfree in the end and I have to say they are great! My kitten didnt make not even one noise! Well behaved kitten while there came in a big fat cat meowing the whole time! LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Handy. Get yr pet put down one day, then see what he tastes like the next!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

careful, now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Xiney wrote: »
    careful, now.

Sorry, couldn't resist it! I'll take this one over to the Sligo Recipies thread.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but does anyone know the surgery hours for Dr Sabine Conboy the vet near Collooney?

Thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Hungry Rock

Janine87 wrote: »
    Hey,

I got a new kitten a week ago and I need to bring her for injections as she is nearly 8 weeks old now! Do you know where in Sligo I can find any vets and are good ones? Would be good if you have the telephone number with it too! :)

Cheers!

You could save yourself a lot of money and visit Horan's Chemist on Castle street in Sligo. We purchased and administered the 'shots' for our dog last year for a fraction of the cost... worth a try.

You could save yourself a lot of money and visit Horan's Chemist on Castle street in Sligo. We purchased and administered the 'shots' for our dog last year for a fraction of the cost... worth a try.

Can you do that? I'd be worried I'd do something wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

magnumlady wrote: »
    Can you do that? I'd be worried I'd do something wrong.

Very easy to do, very little that can go wrong just google how to give subcutaneous injection. What I'd be worried about though is that by not bringing the dog to the vet for it's yearly boosters it might miss out on it's yearly check up. Also what would be the story with boarding kennels, if you done the vacc's yourself you'd have the sticker on the bottle but no vet's signature, could a boarding kennel turn you away? :confused:

dee o gee wrote: »
    Very easy to do, very little that can go wrong just google how to give subcutaneous injection. What I'd be worried about though is that by not bringing the dog to the vet for it's yearly boosters it might miss out on it's yearly check up. Also what would be the story with boarding kennels, if you done the vacc's yourself you'd have the sticker on the bottle but no vet's signature, could a boarding kennel turn you away? :confused:

That's what I would have thought about the kennel as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement