Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covert youtube to itunes?

• 02-06-2009 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hope I'm posting this in the correct place!
    I'm trying to convert youtube videos into whatever format songs in itunes are. I seem to be able to convert them into MP3 format by using a converter I downloaded, and can play them using my quicktime player on my Mac, but is there anyway of converting these to itunes or converting them straight from youtube to itunes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

file->import file or something like that. iTunes is not a file format, it just lists the files on your computer so all you have to do is tell it where to find the file and import it into its library

• Registered Users Posts: 47 for-why?

I've drag and dropped them into itunes, but they just wont play. any idea why this is? can't see where/how to import them. :confused: dont know why I thought this would be more straightforward!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you can drag them into itunes but they won't play immediately. Drag the song to itunes and place the mouse over the library place at the top left until you see a + then drop it. If you're dropping it when you see a circle with a line through it then it won't work.

Then it'll be in your library. Click on the "music" link below the word library and it should be there on the list.

Or have you done that much as is it that when you try to play the song it fails?

I think I have done that, the songs appear to be in my itunes library but when I go to play them iTunes automatically skips onto the next song as if it cant recognise them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Try this http://www.video2mp3.net it downloads it as mp3 and plays fine on itunes.

• Advertisement

brilliant, thats exactly what i was looking for. :D Thanks a million!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Hi folks, just wondering about the legalities of doing this by using www.video2mp3.net, are you liable to get in trouble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

The previous posts seem to cover getting audio into iTunes from youtube video.

However for youtube video -> iTunes video try, http://handbrake.fr/

re: liable to get in trouble. Depends on the content. It should state the license to which it is distributed in the video or on the page. Some allow you to copy, even edit the original but others are look don't touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Advertisement