Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIG FOUR Redundancy

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Brian.Stephens

JD1763 wrote: »
    And yet, you're the one who got sacked from a Big 4 not him - go figure.

I know i did, but ur missing my point.... if u read the psot again im sure u will pick up the more salient points...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I know i did, but ur missing my point.... if u read the psot again im sure u will pick up the more salient points...

Despite your amazing LC, the great college you went to, and your superior attitude, you still got fired?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

I heard the Big Four only hire people based on the exam they did when they were 16-19.

True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

My post was simply pointing out that when jobs are scarse employers generally try and pick the best people for the job!! For example would you rather pick a guy who did accounting in UCC got 500+ points in leaving cert and got first class honours or some guy who went to Cork IT got 350 points in leaving and got 1st class honour. The choice is pretty obvious dont you think. The reason why people go to IT is because theu dont a stong enough leaving cert to get into univerities. Why else would u go to WIT, i think the points for that accounting course is about 335 points to get into accounting in WIT, as i would say 'they would let any body in'

335 points is the entry requirement, it's not a limit.

Also, I'm guessing your 500+ points didn't include your grade in English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭DTrotter

Hi Johnny Brave, from reading your post u seem to be real annoyed at me, i cant see why, all i was doing was opening myself up to what i was thinking, and giving my personal opitions on the terrible economic climate we find ourselves in.

My post was simply pointing out that when jobs are scarse employers generally try and pick the best people for the job!! For example would you rather pick a guy who did accounting in UCC got 500+ points in leaving cert and got first class honours or some guy who went to Cork IT got 350 points in leaving and got 1st class honour. The choice is pretty obvious dont you think. The reason why people go to IT is because theu dont a stong enough leaving cert to get into univerities. Why else would u go to WIT, i think the points for that accounting course is about 335 points to get into accounting in WIT, as i would say 'they would let any body in'

To get 335 is pretty easy i think any body can get that score, while getting 485 to do accounting in cork is much harder!! Just look at the statitics on leaving cert point only about 25% people get 400 points or more , and about 10% getting 500 or more!!!

So in saying that , no wonder your grubling, u never made it into the big four so your very jeolous of everyone else who are in the big four. All u can do i say ur doing the same job, yes in essence u are , but surely the course in WIT is jus as good as the one in UCD, I dont think so!!!

Im surprised u got into big four afterwards with a degree from WIT!

Truely wow, Athlone has a great accounting course which I guarantee sets you up for exams better than universities.
    Also I don't think a small firm audited Anglo Irish Bank.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Big 4, Small 4, why does it matter. In the end of the day its the same stuff you do in all of them, and its all boring and all pure utter crap.

My two cents!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Thought if I kept it simple and to one line you'd 'get it' - oops, I assumed too much.

Besides trying to read your badly composed and mis-spelled posts gives me a headache. Can you summarise in 10 words or less please?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement