Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Yay I passed!!!:D

A2 in Macro - Which I am visibly shocked at!! :eek:<- See?!
    A2 in Business Maths - Pretty happy!!
    B1 in Organisational Behaviour
    B3 in Marketing - A little disappointed, it was really the only module I cared about :o
    C1 in Business Information Management
    C3 in Managerial Accounting -HOW???!!!!! I was sure I failed!!!!!!

Still, I didn't fail anything, yay!!!
    Sure either way I was going to get completely sloshed tonight :cool::D

Congrats to everyone!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Yeaaah!
    :D

Better than expected!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

Yay! Passed everything! I suppose that means I'm in fourth year now! :pac:

Hope everyone gets everything they need!!

By the way, what does an 'M' mean as a result?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

ergonomics wrote: »
    Anyone know how I find out my degree result? Is it my Accumulated QCA value or is it something else?

Yep it's the Accumulated QCA value....or at least that's what I used.
    kaimera wrote: »
    well done y'all...to those finished up...welcome to hell :pac:

Aye well done everyone......oh and yeah welcome to the real world anyone who's finished. It's all downhill from here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

I passed! Delighted! I can finally relax now and enjoy the summer. I was sick with worry until now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Figured out how to get my transcript which confirmed my 2.1! I wouldn't believe it until I saw it written down. Wahey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

Figured out how to get my transcript which confirmed my 2.1! I wouldn't believe it until I saw it written down. Wahey!

Well done! It's all ahead of me now. Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Well done to everybody!

2 B2's and a B1. Happy but wanted an A in economics and though i got a B1 in sociology. But sure the are good as it is so no complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

How did you get your transcript.

Is there any chance a 2.91 would be made up to a 2.1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 playingpirate

go to see all results and that shows your transcript, should say award class or something like that...

Got 4 A's and two B1's, im over the moon!
    Pity about the QCA system now though,had my degree been based on these exams alone I would have got a 1st, but I have my 2.1 and my job so I'm happy out!!

• Advertisement

smcgiff wrote: »
    How did you get your transcript.

Is there any chance a 2.91 would be made up to a 2.1?

When you log in don't click on Student Records on the top left. Scroll down until you see 'Click here for your Current Results'. It'll have a message about how MIC students can get their results above it in red. From there you'll see your transcript. Scroll down until the bit that looks like it was written on a typewriter starts and across from your course it should have 'Class' and your degree result written beside it.

If you're doing Humanities a 2.91 QCA will get you a 2.1.

When you log in don't click on Student Records on the top left. Scroll down until you see 'Click here for your Current Results'. It'll have a message about how MIC students can get their results above it in red. From there you'll see your transcript. Scroll down until the bit that looks like it was written on a typewriter starts and across from your course it should have 'Class' and your degree result written beside it.

If you're doing Humanities a 2.91 QCA will get you a 2.1.

Thanks -

It's a B.Ed - Looked at the transcript and across from Award & Class it's blank ?!?

What year are you in? I'd imagine that would only show up for 4th years, i.e., students graduating this summer.

2 fecken d1s. QCA shot to sh1t. If i chose to repeat them will i not b able to graduate at the end of the summer?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Congrats too all and sundry! Looks like everyone did great!

And yes, For all those who graduated, welcome to the suck!

Does jig as he himself is escaping the suck and heading back to UL!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Peteee wrote: »
    Congrats too all and sundry! Looks like everyone did great!

And yes, For all those who graduated, welcome to the suck!

Does jig as he himself is escaping the suck and heading back to UL!

Haha!! I'm not entering the suck just yet!
    Myself like many others on here are remaining to do a Masters!
    Huzzah for UL !

Btw congrats to all on your results! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Congrats to everybody and to those that have to do repeats, its not the end of the world.

What year are you in? I'd imagine that would only show up for 4th years, i.e., students graduating this summer.

It's the missus :D - it was her final year. The transcript still has her as a current student.

From what I've read on the QCA's a 3 would have guaranteed a 2.1, but a 2.91 could, at UL's discretion, achieve a 2.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Yay I passed!!!:D

A2 in Macro - Which I am visibly shocked at!! :eek:<- See?!
    A2 in Business Maths - Pretty happy!!
    B1 in Organisational Behaviour
    B3 in Marketing - A little disappointed, it was really the only module I cared about :o
    C1 in Business Information Management
    C3 in Managerial Accounting -HOW???!!!!! I was sure I failed!!!!!!

Still, I didn't fail anything, yay!!!
    Sure either way I was going to get completely sloshed tonight :cool::D

Congrats to everyone!!!!!!!:D
    Well done Busi Girl, I got similiar results.
    A1 in Macro, over the moon with that, love macro
    B3 in German,
    B2 in Org Behaviour
    B3 in Bus Maths
    B3 in Marketing
    C1 in Accounting

Glad that is over with.

Congrats all!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Thanks -

It's a B.Ed - Looked at the transcript and across from Award & Class it's blank ?!?

Don't go into student records. It's on the first page you see. Scroll down and click on My Results. It works for Mary I's cos it worked for me!

• Advertisement

kaji wrote: »
    Don't go into student records. It's on the first page you see. Scroll down and click on My Results. It works for Mary I's cos it worked for me!

Whoopeee - It's been updated and she got a 2.1. :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 badaulname

Hey lads...

Quick question got my results there a few mins ago after alot of trouble from Student Academic Admin and got a QCA of 2.90. Now I am in BBS and the grading band for a 2.1 is 2.95...does this mean I won't be giving a 2.1 at the discretion of UL or is my QCA too low to be considered?! It says next to class second class honours degree so I presume a 2.2 is my destiny but just said I would ask since ye know lots!:D

Happy with my results otherwise got an A in my FYP which I am beaming with since I wrote it all in 21days!!

Congrats to everyone on here as well;)

Howdy, it should also say grade i.e. I or II ?!?

Howdy, it should also say grade i.e. I or II ?!?

It says II....2.2 my destiny then?!:pac:

badaulname wrote: »
    It says II....2.2 my destiny then?!:pac:

Unless you get a recheck for your D grades? Any point?

Nah no point because I didn't even get a D...

I came out with 2 A2's, 2 B2's and 2B2's!

I am telling you I failed stats in 2nd year and my QCA hasn't recovered since!:(

badaulname wrote: »
    Nah no point because I didn't even get a D...

I came out with 2 A2's, 2 B2's and 2B2's!

I am telling you I failed stats in 2nd year and my QCA hasn't recovered since!:(

That's though alright! :(

That's though alright! :(

Oh well....roll on the masters!!

Thanks for your input...much appreciated ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'm blaming 2 ****ing election campaigns and a none too ceremonious FYP result C1 (which I'm not at all happy about) considering it took a month and 4 days got one of the lads a B2.

2.56 means I've also lost my tax exemption, so had I not been elected, I'd have no job...oh joy!

Off to apply to Aldi so:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭clearya

ninty9er wrote: »
    I'm blaming 2 ****ing election campaigns and a none too ceremonious FYP result C1 (which I'm not at all happy about) considering it took a month and 4 days got one of the lads a B2.

2.56 means I've also lost my tax exemption, so had I not been elected, I'd have no job...oh joy!

Off to apply to Aldi so:pac:

I'm with you on the 'feck it' boat :PI was on track in the first semester of 4th year but 2 C1's this term have dragged me to a 2:2. Now have an accumulated QCA of 2.92 but it's way less for this session...got in touch with my employer that requires a 2.1 to see what they have to say, the final step is a recheck of grades but that's really just so I've done everything I can. O hope this fun never ends.

Advertisement