Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Id say have a look at your scripts if you can, cos with rechecks, grades can go down as well as up :(

Thats the up-side to my big fat F....:P

Does any one know the process for viewing scripts? just contact SAA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭clearya

Shyster wrote: »
    Id say have a look at your scripts if you can, cos with rechecks, grades can go down as well as up :(

Thats the up-side to my big fat F....:P

Does any one know the process for viewing scripts? just contact SAA?

Yah all the exam stuff is done throught the SAA. If you go onto the website you should find the link for rechecks etc there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

clearya wrote: »
    I'm with you on the 'feck it' boat :PI was on track in the first semester of 4th year but 2 C1's this term have dragged me to a 2:2. Now have an accumulated QCA of 2.92 but it's way less for this session...got in touch with my employer that requires a 2.1 to see what they have to say, the final step is a recheck of grades but that's really just so I've done everything I can. O hope this fun never ends.

2.92 will get you a 2.1 more than likely, if your transcript doesn't already have 2.1 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Just realised that I got an overall A2 with my FYP :)
    A1, A2 and B1 over 3 semesters! That stupid FYP methodology module did increase my QCA, and gave weighting to my degree!

I somehow managed to drop .03 with my QCA as well this semester which is now annoying me a little, but I have no reason to complain.

Second semester of second year is what ruined my chances of a 1:1. Fecking Stats, Personnel Managent and Managerial Accounting all were a disaster!
    But a solid Second Class Honours, Grade I is in the bag now :)

Also realised that I'm doing a Masters in Entrepreneurship, and yet I've failed to get an A in any of the modules I've taken in it over the past 2 years..hmmm...makes me rethink that choice, and wonder should I have gone for the marketing masters instead considering my marketing results are a lot better overall than my entrepreneurship..
    Then again, I suppose I need to get better at the enterprise, so it'd be more valuable to do that masters...

/end :)

ninty9er wrote: »
    2.92 will get you a 2.1 more than likely, if your transcript doesn't already have 2.1 on it.

Unfortunately I can understand by the EB didn't give my 2:1. I had a QCA of 2.95 after the first semester this year and for the 2nd semester I dragged myself down to the 2.92 (rounded up as well!) I checked my transcript and it deffo has 2nd class honours on it. I'm waiting to hear back from my employer, if they say i DEFFO need a 2:1 I'll apply for rechecks and do some grovelling...though only myself to blame, I'm just a crammer and I would rather have worked for the 4 years than be in an academic environment, just hate it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I checked my transcript and it deffo has 2nd class honours on it.

Both a 2.1 and a 2.2 will be called a Second Class Honours. The difference between and 2.1 and a 2.2 is the Grade on the transcript. If it says II then you got a 2.2 degree, but if it says I then you got upgraded to a 2nd Class Honours first Grade or, simply, a 2.1.

Good luck!

smcgiff wrote: »
    Both a 2.1 and a 2.2 will be called a Second Class Honours. The difference between and 2.1 and a 2.2 is the Grade on the transcript. If it says II then you got a 2.2 degree, but if it says I then you got upgraded to a 2nd Class Honours first Grade or, simply, a 2.1.

Good luck!

Oops, meant to say that I got a second class honours. Wish I could magically make the ii change to an i but Harry Potter I ain't :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

got my 2.2 by the skin of my teeth..but i got it so don't really care how i got it..happy days. now what to do with my life?

Harpy wrote: »
    got my 2.2 by the skin of my teeth..but i got it so don't really care how i got it..happy days. now what to do with my life?

If you've decided on an area of interest I'd get onto gradireland and those kinda sites and see what kind of jobs are available. In accounting I've found that there is indeed a huge light at the end of the tunnel if things don't go my way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭limericklady87

Just wondering can anyone help me with this, in final year and took a module this semester with a 40% assignment and a 60% assignment. I received my feedback sheets from the lecturer which state that i got a b2 in the 40% assignment and a b1 in the 60% assignment yet my overall grade was a b2. I was certain it should be a b1 overall when averaged between the two. anyone care to shed light on this or am i just a mathematical dunce, before i go sending a rage filled email at the lecturer! tongue.gif

• Advertisement

Just wondering can anyone help me with this, in final year and took a module this semester with a 40% assignment and a 60% assignment. I received my feedback sheets from the lecturer which state that i got a b2 in the 40% assignment and a b1 in the 60% assignment yet my overall grade was a b2. I was certain it should be a b1 overall when averaged between the two. anyone care to shed light on this or am i just a mathematical dunce, before i go sending a rage filled email at the lecturer! tongue.gif

The only thing that would make sense to me would be if you got a low B2 and a low B1, and thus the average of the 2 was a mid-range to high B2. Other than that I'm stumped!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

The only thing that would make sense to me would be if you got a low B2 and a low B1, and thus the average of the 2 was a mid-range to high B2. Other than that I'm stumped!

Either way, the lecturer sounds like a lousy fcuker!

Either way, the lecturer sounds like a lousy fcuker!

Why, for giving the appropriate grade to a student? It happens all the time!
    Just wondering can anyone help me with this, in final year and took a module this semester with a 40% assignment and a 60% assignment. I received my feedback sheets from the lecturer which state that i got a b2 in the 40% assignment and a b1 in the 60% assignment yet my overall grade was a b2
    The only thing that would make sense to me would be if you got a low B2 and a low B1, and thus the average of the 2 was a mid-range to high B2

This is correct. For example, the grading scheme shows a B1 @ 65%, and a B2 @ 60% - Therefore results for each section at lowest could have been [60% of 40% = 24%] + [65% of 60% = 39%] = 63% Overall = B2 overall

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Mossin Said:

Why, for giving the appropriate grade to a student? It happens all the time!

No, a lecturer often gives the student the benefit of the doubt, which happens most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Mossin Said:

No, a lecturer often gives the student the benefit of the doubt, which happens most of the time

That may be. But those are the rules and the lecturer was within his/her rights to award the student a B2.

Also, some lecturers get their Teaching Assistants to correct some exam papers for them.

Perhaps the lecturer had given the "benefit of the doubt" already by awarding the previous grades, and therefore the final grade is still correct!

Regardless of who corrects the papers, the student gets what they deserve imo.

Going from the email I got it looks like 60% of Comp.Sys is gone already! And that's even before the repeats...It really is a cursed course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Feyy

I think it will be the same in Comp Games.

What did your e-mail say if u dont mind me asking ? :p

It was about co-op but she said she was sorry to see we lost so many from Comp.Sys this year and the email was sent to only 8 people so it's not looking good :p

How many are left in Comp.Games now? There was about 30 last year I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Feyy

It was about co-op but she said she was sorry to see we lost so many from Comp.Sys this year and the email was sent to only 8 people so it's not looking good :p

How many are left in Comp.Games now? There was about 30 last year I think...

Ouch, unsure because we didnt get an e-mail like you guys did but i do expect a similar drop but hopefully not that low :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement