Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stupidest thing you ever done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I turned down an older woman. Granted, I was only 11 at the time but it left me with many sleepless nights. She was 13 and hot ffs! I would have been a legend :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

bryanjf wrote: »
    Once I took a dump in a pint glass and carried it all the way home (was hammered), then put a daffodil in it and left it outside my neighbours house

stupid or disgusting?

i was just munching into my choco ice cream and see this nice one!!!!lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Happened when I was 19, a good few years ago.
    Picture this …… restaurant in Sligo town (
    have no recollection of how I ended up in Sligo never been there since , last I remember I was in a pub in Galway?.) , beautiful sunny morning , sun is beaming in through the plate glass front .
    It’s the morning after an all night/day/night session, compulsory full irish breakfast has just been consumed , and apart from a minor hangover things are looking good. I decide to leave, enjoy the sun and get some beer for return journey to Dublin , others are finishing up.
    I’ll show these country bumpkins how its done, on with the Ray Bans and saunter nonchalantly (had to look up this word to set the scene )towards the exit.
    ……..SMACK! …..What the fck?,……stunned…..…SMACK! ….what the?.......dazed….takes a while….. but finally it dawns on me …….”Oh sh!t”. I had just walked into a glass door …..not once ……but frigging TWICE.
    Panic ensues as I try to find the handle , redfaced I leg it out of the restaurant to gales of laughter from kids , old folks ,cats, dogs, pigeons and assorted locals egged on by my so called mates ……..B@stards!.
    Sh!ts still bring it up every chance they get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Lent 150eur to a friend of mine.

Never got it back... I felt stupid asking for it after a few weeks of her not returning it back. So i just stopped asking her for it.
    Maybe it was a stupid thing to do.

But probably the most stupid thing I did was to end up in a relationship with a chick in scotland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

delllat wrote: »
    when i was young and had no sense ,
    ripped my balls on a barbed wire fence

:eek:

I nearly did that last week, and I'm old enough to know better:( No more short cuts for me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

dlambirl wrote: »
    Dont you have to take your atm card out first before your money comes out??

Obviously not in this machine you didnt otherwise I wouldnt have left my card in it....got a phonecall from my bank a few weeks later telling me someone attempted to buy stuff on the net with it....good luck with that co nsidering I live in my overdraft!!

Another stoopid thing that Ive done only today.....drinking WKD at 4pm cause theres nothing else to drink....am now drunk :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I once shot and killed a traveller who i thought was going to rob me.Turns out he was only looking to buy an old car off me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Maddison wrote: »
    Another stoopid thing that Ive done only today.....drinking WKD at 4pm cause theres nothing else to drink....am now drunk :(
    You got drunk off WKD?Lmfao!-LightWeight:D

• Advertisement

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    You got drunk off WKD?Lmfao!-LightWeight:D

Lightweight I think not darlin....I could drink a lot of people under the table!!I have sunstroke so I blame it on that....if your at the AH beers I challenge you to a drink off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Whats the stupidest thing you have done?

Mine was recently,needed to get a few hundred Euros out of my bank account to pay a bill.Had my bank card in my hand in the morning,I put it down to put my shoes on and when I had my shoes on I went to pick it up again.The only thing it wasent there:confused:

I had no I.D. to get money out of the bank any other way and I search the whole bedroom high and low for it.No luck.

Went to college that day,went about my usual business.When I came home I took my shoes off and there was the card in my shoe:o

Was late paying the bill,but I never told anyone where the card was.

start a thread with a tag line that marks one down as an absolute lowlife;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    I once shot and killed a traveller who i thought was going to rob me.Turns out he was only looking to buy an old car off me.

no harm done though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

if your at the AH beers I challenge you to a drink off

What, like, drink 'til your clothes come off?

What, like, drink 'til your clothes come off?

Depends on how drunk he gets lol!!Do you wish to join the challenge....btw this is keeping on topic as we are starting up a "ill drink you under the table challenge!!''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Happened when I was 19, a good few years ago.
    Picture this …… restaurant in Sligo town (
    have no recollection of how I ended up in Sligo never been there since , last I remember I was in a pub in Galway?.) , beautiful sunny morning , sun is beaming in through the plate glass front .
    It’s the morning after an all night/day/night session, compulsory full irish breakfast has just been consumed , and apart from a minor hangover things are looking good. I decide to leave, enjoy the sun and get some beer for return journey to Dublin , others are finishing up.
    I’ll show these country bumpkins how its done, on with the Ray Bans and saunter nonchalantly (had to look up this word to set the scene )towards the exit.
    ……..SMACK! …..What the fck?,……stunned…..…SMACK! ….what the?.......dazed….takes a while….. but finally it dawns on me …….”Oh sh!t”. I had just walked into a glass door …..not once ……but frigging TWICE.
    Panic ensues as I try to find the handle , redfaced I leg it out of the restaurant to gales of laughter from kids , old folks ,cats, dogs, pigeons and assorted locals egged on by my so called mates ……..B@stards!.
    Sh!ts still bring it up every chance they get.

In other words you walked into a glass door

Meh, it happens quiet alot.

• Advertisement

Depends on how drunk he gets lol!!Do you wish to join the challenge....

No, I wouldn't like to have to post in this thread after embarassing myself at a drinking competition.

No, I wouldn't like to have to post in this thread after embarassing myself at a drinking competition.
    No no Charles Short Arrowhead, I implore you to join us.....you may beat me....depending on if i have sunstroke or not!! If i lose I will start a thread on a lost a drinking comp cause Im a lightweight!!

No no Frada, I implore you to join us.....you may beat me....

I could never beat a woman.

The most embarassing thing I've ever done can never be uttered out loud. It makes me go all red and shamed.

I could never beat a woman.

The most embarassing thing I've ever done can never be uttered out loud. It makes me go all red and shamed.

Well Charles Short Arrowhead you shall have to PM me as I am now intrigued as to what that may be...I am sure I can top it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

CianRyan wrote: »
    I'll show you with this clearly labeled diagram. :)

Kinda stupid wearing a baseball hat indoors too-you American?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

segaBOY wrote: »
    Kinda stupid wearing a baseball hat indoors too-you American?

I wear them when i'm to lazy to fix my hair. It's a damn expensive hat too, so i wear it a lot.
    And no, Born and raised Dub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Favourite amongst friends, I still hear about it a year later (bear in mind we are all engineers so they get kicks out of these stories of mechanical ineptitude):

Decided to make a toasted cheese sandwich, but there was only grated cheese left. The toaster we have is a Dualit with 2 regular toast slots and a kind of grill where you can slot in something like a sandwich.

I realised that the clamping force from the removable sandwich cage wasn't enough to keep the grated cheese from falling out, so I decided that a genius idea was to turn the toaster on its side.

Anyway, I left it on setting 2 (medium brown - simpsons, anyone?) and went off to watch TV. A minute or two later I got a fierce whiff of smoke and went into the kitchen to see thick black smoke billowing out of the side of the toaster. I quickly turned it back over and saw that the toasted bread and melted cheese has worked themselves around the entire toaster, fusing themselves to every surface.

A friend managed to take the toaster apart when he was over and scraped (rather chiseled) off the crud.

That's about it so far, I'm sure I'll top that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

one time i was in the car with me mammy and i wanted to light a smoke but had no lighter, so i was trying to get the car lighter to work, it wasn't working or going red, so i was holding it down with my finger, hoping to get it to heat up. and then, in what felt like slow motion, i lifted up my thumb and jammed it into the fuppin lighter, well, the feckin noise of my flesh burnin, and the smell was enough to set the mammy off, "you fu€king gobsh!te" i believe was what she said. funny, but so fuppin sore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Took drugs offered by a stranger without asking what they were. So instead of getting that extra boost, I K-Holed in a cab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Gonzales

quote]

duly noted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭monaghanbiffo

So i was at this family dooooo funeral or a wedding or some crap and i ended up having s€xytime with this chick...

She was older than me....

in fact she was my dads sister....

No wait a minute, that wasn't me!!!!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

got my hair cut in a barbers once on dorset st, went out and hopped on my motorbike and rode off, wondered why everyone was looking at me, I left my helmet in the barbers

Was at an airsoft game 2 weeks back, thought my gun was jammed and shot myself in the foot, it hurt but just to make sure I shot myself in the hand aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Whats the stupidest thing you have done?

Mine was recently,needed to get a few hundred Euros out of my bank account to pay a bill.Had my bank card in my hand in the morning,I put it down to put my shoes on and when I had my shoes on I went to pick it up again.The only thing it wasent there:confused:

I had no I.D. to get money out of the bank any other way and I search the whole bedroom high and low for it.No luck.

Went to college that day,went about my usual business.When I came home I took my shoes off and there was the card in my shoe:o

Was late paying the bill,but I never told anyone where the card was.

Starting a thread with an appalling piece of grammar would do it for me:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Done and said many a silly thang
    But amoung my super powers is the 'no shame' barrier
    So it usually ends up with others having better stories of me than anything - Terry?

Sorry just thought of a doosey
    Was in an interview for job - head of dept turns around to me after long senario question 'so who you gonna call?'
    Well, how could you not answer 'Ghostbusters'
    Not impressed were their expressions, but still got 2nd interview and was offered the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

got my hair cut in a barbers once on dorset st, went out and hopped on my motorbike and rode off, wondered why everyone was looking at me, I left my helmet in the barbers

Was at an airsoft game 2 weeks back, thought my gun was jammed and shot myself in the foot, it hurt but just to make sure I shot myself in the hand aswell
    ++1 :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

When i was around 8,i had a fascination with fire! So while my mum and aunt were downstairs,i got a whooole lotta toilet roll and plastered it on my bedroom carpet. Got a lighterand.. Had to use a doll to put out the flames. My mum was shouting 'what the hell are you doing up there'...'playing dolls'.another time i thought it'd be so cool to jump from my bunkbed to the wardrobe on the other side of the room,my sister had to lift the wardrobe off me.that hurt alot for two weeks! Oh the most recent one,fumigating an angry german girls dorm with my deodrant :-D germans have quite bad tempers if you cross them :-[

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I was going out with this guy years ago and he was really annoying me and getting on my nerves. He asked me to go out that night for a few drinks..

I went upstairs and text my mates saying something like 'your mans wrecking my head, think Im gonna dump him, he's sh1t in bed and so boring, ring me in a min to ask me to meet yous'..

Sent..
    To him:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

I was telling a story in the pub a while ago, just at a dramatic bit I made a dramatic motion with my hand and swept about 4 full pints off the table.

Wouldn't mind but I wasn't even drunk, we had just got there. I didn't know the people I was with too well either. Didn't go down too well as a first impression :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

I spent about an hour frantically searching for my glasses, i caught my reflection in the mirror and i'd pushed them up on top of my head.

I also stumbled into a full length mirror while a bit drunk, and apologised to myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I'm forever doing stupid things haha!

Here are only a few that pop into my mind:

When i was younger, around 14, I was lost in o'connell street outside the GPO, so I ring my mam to try to get directions to Henry street (remember I was young, I had no idea how close I was). So anyway, my mam asks me 'are you near the GPO?', I look around (was so young didn't really recognise where I was) and I answered back, 'No, I'm at the General Post office though.' :rolleyes:

I once asked, 'Does coffee come from a seed or a nut?' weeks of sagging from that one!

I once plonked myself on a chair at my riding stables, I didn't look at the chair, and turns out it was the rickety 3 legged chair that no one used. Anyway I fell, feet over my head into a pile of poo, and then continued to keep rolling (it was on a slope), everyone just burst out laughing, I didn't appreciate it really, the poo was fresh too.

I always ask 'where are you?' whenever I call someone, even if I call their house phone!

Me and my friend were sitting in my mates boat during a party, we were drunk of course. We were pretending that the boat was like a bar, as in we kept everyones drink and gave it to them when they 'ordered' (we were 16, give us a break haha!) Anyway, the more drunker we got, the more excited we got over the control of all the lads' drinks. Next thing we kow, the boat topples over when we were too vigourous running around it. We ended up stuck under the boat. Everyone's drink managed to survive, except for ours of course, and we had to get our parents to help to get us out! Last time we ever messed in a boat after that.

Emmm that's some of the stupid thing, I'll probably remember more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I had to go to hospital before to get a piece of lego removed from my nose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

When I was younger, ate a full bar of soap in a hotel on holiday thinking it was white chocolate

About 5, accidently called the police and implied my dad had killed my mom, then a few patrol cars turned up within half an hour demanding to see my mom (who was in bed after having my brother) "Well can you get her down please?" - weren't best pleased

When I was about 7, emailed Zippo's Circus because I was going through a phase of wanting to be a clown - they rang later that day and duly offered me an audition (I'd forgot to mention my age)

This February, trying my damned hardest to ski in New Hampshire, started sliding down backwards, had no idea how to stop and took out 4 experienced skiers before thudding over

I'm sure I've got some better ones, I just can't think of them now :/
    Luckily I dont do as many stupid things now I'm a bit older..... yeahhh right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

It's not always 7up in the bottle. Several days in hospital for downing a sizeable amount of white spirits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

CianRyan wrote: »
    I wear them when i'm to lazy to fix my hair. It's a damn expensive hat too, so i wear it a lot.
    And no, Born and raised Dub.

Only joking....I'm a culchie so my paddy hat gets good wear :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭jackson2009

lol at this thread

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

brummytom wrote: »
    A few patrol cars turned up within half an hour demanding to see my mom (who was in bed after having my brother) "Well can you get her down please?" - weren't best pleased
    Your brothers birthday ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Do they not drive jeeps these days?
    not since they were able to sell the €600 laptops

• Registered Users Posts: 34 amy-marie

Bought €20 euro credit a while ago along with other bits and pieces. I get out of the shop and don't want to carry a reciept around with me so I toss it in the bin. 30 minutes later I realised it wasn't a reciept, but the credit.

Still pissed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

When I was younger, ate a full bar of soap in a hotel on holiday thinking it was white chocolate

How the hell was the taste not a giveaway??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Loopy wrote: »
    I was going out with this guy years ago and he was really annoying me and getting on my nerves. He asked me to go out that night for a few drinks..

I went upstairs and text my mates saying something like 'your mans wrecking my head, think Im gonna dump him, he's sh1t in bed and so boring, ring me in a min to ask me to meet yous'..

Sent..
    To him:mad::mad:

Probably just as well you told him instead of her. Honestys the best policy - bitchiness isnt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

I did that too, can barely remember as I was about 5. I spwued everywhere in the shop haha. It was a soap shop in wexford I think :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I was a really helpful child :)

I remember my Mam was down visiting my Gran once (she lived in the house next door - joined onto ours) and my 1 year old brother was having great fun playing in the playpen. Aw. It was a sunny day and I thought, what would a 3 year old like to do today? To help her Mammy? I know, I thought, I'll clean the baby for her. How nice!! So I got into the press under the sink, retrieved a can of Mr Sheen and a nice yellow duster and got to work cleaning my 1 year old brother.... Mammy wasn't very pleased, especially since he had eczema from head to toe..... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I was fairly thick the other day as it happens.

Was looking after my two cousins, one 8, one nearly 2 in a car park the other day, anyway got talking to the older kid and walked him back into the shop, completely forgrtting about the little fella. Was a good 60 seconds in the door before I remembered, turns out he'd followed me back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

I went out the night before returning from Berlin, about a month ago.

Lost my jacket with my wallet and phone. Luckily, I didn't lose my passport.
    Scored in the nightclub, woke up on the far side of Berlin at 8am. At this point my flight was taxying down the runway I guess, so went back to, whatever I was doing.

Left for my hotel at about 10. Sobriety kicking in, realised I was stuck in Berlin with no phone, wallet or cash. My mate had got on the plane back to Dublin, and even the Irish embassy was closed for the weekend.

Labour Day riots at least provided free entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

when we finished our exams one year we went drinking bottles in one of the lads' garden. getting along nicely, lovely weather, so we decided to play a game and decided on american foot ball. however without a football the closest thing to hand were the bottles so we started kicking field goals over the back wall of this lads house. the next thing a big **** off log appears on the wall followed by a big knacker head followed by a couple more knackers. we just stood there in disbelief as 4 big ****ing bastards with a big **** off stick came towards us with rage in their eyes. they explained that we had broken a window, so we gave them 60 quid and they went on their way.

later found out that there was no window broken so we basically paid them 60 quid to leave us alone and not beat us up.

while all this was happening one of the lads (the instigator) was inside and saw the big ****ers hop the wall through the sliding door. he then ran upstairs and locked himself in the bathroom. we found him hiding in the shower.

• Advertisement
Advertisement