Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The best player outside the premiership you would like your club to sign.

• 02-06-2009 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Stephen Delph, is apparently close to an move to Everton, I've not seen him but the guys on the Leeds forum rate him very highly with comparisons to Viera :) . Apparently Leeds want 6million for him , if he is a success and gets into the team that could be a real bargain.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,004 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lionel Messi. End of/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Stephen Delph, is apparently close to an move to Everton, I've not seen him but the guys on the Leeds forum rate him very highly with comparisons to Viera :) . Apparently Leeds want 6million for him , if he is a success and gets into the team that could be a real bargain.

Its Fabian Delph. But yeah, quality player!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

he has alsobeen eavily liked with Villa.

im guessing you mean from the lower english divisions as you suggest him not Messi. for Villa i guess Naughton fro Sheff utd or maybe Delph also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Delph has been linked with nearly everyone.

Going to be a very good player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Messi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Leeds fan here.

Unfortunately we are resigned to losing him, but yeah, he's probably the best young player outside the premiership, and that includes all of the youth in the championship too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Messi would do nicely for Rovers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Liverpool fan.

Realisticly-ish Id love David Villa.

From the lower Divisions....Oba Martins as cheap backup to Torres and thats a maybe.

In The Championship, there are some young players who could make the step up the Prem with ease

Kyle Naugthon (Sheff United)
    Victor Moses (Crystal Palace)
    Andrew Surman (Southampton)
    Adam Lalana (Southampton)
    Daniel Fox (Coventry)
    Kieran Westwood (Coventry)
    Nathan Dyer (Swansea)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If there is a fire sale at Valencia, I would like to see Liverpool go after the likes of Villa or Silva.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Xavi

Himself and Ireland in the middle of the park (with Essien behind them) would be amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Messi
    Dani Alves
    Eto'o
    David Villa
    Frank Ribery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,355 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Iniesta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think he might have been talking about in the English leagues :)

I still think David Jones is a premiership standard player, mid table :) He's coming up with Wolves now so that might be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

outside england - silva

in england - delph/naughton

When we sell Fabian Delph, which we inevitably will, keep an eye on 2 of our new prospects, Josh Falkingham and Ollie Hotchkiss (The latter was being courted by Arsene Wenger last year).

Both central midfield, but both totally different

Jaysus, we're like a conveyor belt of young talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Josh Falkingham and Ollie Hotchkiss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Well my prefered team is Barca, but I do like Aresenal too. So I am saying this as a fake Gunners fan.

I would love Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Pique, Ribery and Frings!

Possibly Higuian and Robben :o

Josh Falkingham and Ollie Hotchkiss

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Man Utd fan here. I would love somemoe like Iniesta but then again he would probably be everyones first choice. Essien then but he is already in the prem!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

When we sell Fabian Delph, which we inevitably will, keep an eye on 2 of our new prospects, Josh Falkingham and Ollie Hotchkiss (The latter was being courted by Arsene Wenger last year).

If he turns out as good as he did for me in football manager, he should make Leeds a lot of money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,004 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well outside the PL in England, I would say Ebanks-Blake has to be the no.1 target although he is in the PL next season. On the othe end of the stick is Downing who is on the way down with Middlesborough.

Not considering promoted or relegated teams, I'd have to go for Aron Gunnarsson of Coventry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Marco Senna

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Henry Sheflin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

soccer am skill skoll at leeds

Hotchkiss on right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNaOkfj9O2o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

always wanted to see cambiasso at united, him or iniesta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Xavi

Himself and Ireland in the middle of the park (with Essien behind them) would be amazing.

With all due respect to Xavi, If he played without Iniesta beside him he wouldn't be half as effective.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Leeds fans re delph: heard any non-tabloid stuff about about where he is expected to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Already have the best player outside the prem. Gary Twigg!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

I would love a Xavi or Messi:D

Leeds fans re delph: heard any non-tabloid stuff about about where he is expected to go?

He was linked with the Mancs in january but that never materialised- so at the moment it seems a straight fight between Everton and Villa for his signature.

One of my mates got talking to him in Ayia Napa last week and he said he was off to Villa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I would love Liverpool to get the real Ronaldo.

Advertisement