Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caffeine, you b*stard!

• 02-06-2009 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

I never really drink coffee but bout 3hrs ago i made fresh coffee, a pot. Brought it up to my room to do study, drank it.. 4 cups.. I am now literally twitching in bed like a twitchy person and the leavins in bout 30hrs time! Help! I need sleep! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

MMmmmm Coffee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Pah.Caffine amateurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Have some Red Bull, that'll caim you down ;)

KTRIC wrote: »
    Have some Red Bull, that'll caim you down ;)
    I remember when we 1st got red bull cola. Had a couple of cans and didnt think it was having any effect. Ended up drinking 6 cans in the space of a couple hours. Spent the rest of the night convinced I was a lollypop :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ManoCornuta

I've a dodgy heart, but drank three bottles of caffeine a day a fortnight ago while studying for exams, and had no major side effects, much to my surprise.

Had three red bulls at my mate's on Saturday- ended up barely able to breathe, and throwin up. I'd take a big breath, and then for a few seconds not breathe at all, until my mate shook me.

Caffeine is indeed a bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Hah. Caffeine's never had an effect on me... I drink loads and I still sleep like the dead.

Speed works so much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i dont really drink any caffinated drinks except the odd time i use red bull as mixer

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

I drink between 7 and 10 mugs of coffee a day. I have a feeling it's not all that healthy, but feck it. I'll cut down after the leaving cert. Right now I am drinking coffee actually. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to sleep.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Coffee doesn't have too much of an effect on me. Red bull either, I drank four cans the other day and all I got was a brief rush of energy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ah sweet sweet caffeine - it's what makes getting out of bed during college hours worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

Cup of tea on the hour every hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Not a tea or coffee drinker but I do drink Coca-Cola regularly (read: too much). It does keep me up a bit if I ever drink any before going to bed. Mostly because I have to keep getting up to go to the toilet. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭tolteq

I never really drink coffee but bout 3hrs ago i made fresh coffee, a pot. Brought it up to my room to do study, drank it.. 4 cups.. I am now literally twitching in bed like a pedo in a playground and the leavins in bout 30hrs time! Help! I need sleep! :(

eh like next time maybe have a de-caffinated coffee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Pah.Caffine amateurs

Indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

Indeed[/quote]

i so want jolt now :)
    but yeah during the mocks i literally dosed myself on redbull and would wake up after about 3-4 hrs sleep frezzing cold with tingles and pins and needles down my arm,, kinda gotten imune to it now but :(
    i need more!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Trying to give me energy is like trying to put out the sun with a garden hose.

I can drink piles of red bull, burn, coffee, whathaveyou and still sleep like a snorlax after eating a farm.

yummy91 wrote: »

i so want jolt now :)
    but yeah during the mocks i literally dosed myself on redbull and would wake up after about 3-4 hrs sleep frezzing cold with tingles and pins and needles down my arm,, kinda gotten imune to it now but :(
    i need more!!:D[/quote]
    Jolt was better before they had to change it and put in less caffine and sugar. About 9/10 years ago the stuff would send you on a sugar bender for a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Anything with alot of caffeine :D:D makes me a bit crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

caffeine really is a bastard but i LOVE IT:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Anberlinfan

I'm generally pretty immune to caffeine and sugar, (I get a grande cappo with two extra shots whenever I go to starbucks) But, after two weeks in the Gaeltacht with nothing but a cup of tea every two nights mam came and took me to Galway. I had two of my cappos and didn't sleep that night. I was giggling all the way back in the car. Quite enjoyable actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

I get a grande cappo with two extra shots whenever I go to starbucks

I was just gonna ask, what kind of coffee do ye drink?? I've never liked coffee, but i'd love to get into it! :) Especially because I'm going into leaving cert next month and could do with the boost! I can drink a mocha latte because its like hot chocolate, but thats about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I was just gonna ask, what kind of coffee do ye drink?? I've never liked coffee, but i'd love to get into it! :) Especially because I'm going into leaving cert next month and could do with the boost! I can drink a mocha latte because its like hot chocolate, but thats about it!

If you have a coffee maker/a french press in you house, a bag of ground coffee will net you a tasty wee brew.

Coffee (Kinda like beer) is sort of an acquired taste, but at this stage, I really really like it.

I want coffee now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I live on caffeine... lots of coffee and Coke Zero every day. I should probably try and kick that habit, I've been a caffeine addict for about 11 years now!

Advertisement