Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why do insurance prices change everyday??

Options
  • 02-06-2009 3:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Right, a month ago I got a car quote from Quinn Insurance of...
    €2576.23 in full OR €549.56 deposit + €219.85 FOR 10 MONTHS.

Anyways I didn't want to pay for the policy because I didn't have enough then and I thought the price might go down if I waited another month or so but it turns out I was wrong, because I got another quote again today and heres what the price was...
    €2790.02 in full OR €595.21 deposit + €238.09 FOR 10 MONTHS
    Thats €213.79 added on in just a month :eek:

I'm 17 (male) and my car is a 1.1L.
    Oh I have 1 more question when i'm paying the deposit of €595.21, do I have to pay €238.09 aswell or will the be deducted after a month? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Its a known fact that premiums are going up at the moment.

I doubt if you will have to pay a deposit and monthly installment in the same month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Lots of reasons why they change so frequently, such as;

1) Restoring the balace of some drivers because of age, licence, car etc by upping the prices to deter some and reduce the price to attract others
    2) Reassessing the claims experience on certain classes of business.
    3) Comparing their prices to competitors
    4) Most importantly, what they can get away with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

kingsley16 wrote: »
    Right, a month ago I got a car quote from Quinn Insurance of...
    €2576.23 in full OR €549.56 deposit + €219.85 FOR 10 MONTHS.

Crazy money. Hate insurance, you need it, most of the time never use it and when you do use it you are shafted for years...

Maybe time to buy a bike. You could get a good one for that money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 suprasonic

try www.chill.ie www.bestqoute.ie

you think thats expensive when i was 17 i got qouted 5895 to insure a 1.1 fiesta lol.

you need to shop around on the internet alot theres places out there that will insure you cheaper.

Advertisement