Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help With New Modem for Xbox

• 02-06-2009 3:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey all. I've moved my xbox360 into another room so i need to order another broadband modem. Could anyone point out a good one for me at Argos here.

Or even let me know if the xbox wireless modem any good with Eircom.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I've always believed the Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54GL to be quite a good wireless router and it can be found for about €50 new. However, if you have one of those Eircom Netopia routers then that should be grand for your purposes, I've certainly always found it to be adequate for online gaming (PC) anyways.

I wonder why you need a new router as a result of simply moving the xBox to a new room though?

(Not sure if I'm allowed to post links and if so then I'll remove them)

For example:

Elara.ie

Misco.ie

Overclockers.co.uk

They are a few sites I know of but there's more out there so look around and see where you can get the best deal. I would recommend you avoid buying an item like this from argos and instead search online stores as that is where you'll find the best bargain.

Finally, I think you may have better luck in the computer and technology section for more definitive results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

If you need to get a internet signal into another room, try some Homeplugs. They create a ethernet bridge across your houses electrical wiring, so long as you dont have 4 or 5 other devices running of the same socket it works fine. I either run my 360 and 37" or PC and monitor from the same plug and rarely get a drop in latency.

I picked up a bundle of 2 cheap on ebay, have a look around. Argos do em too Link

Advertisement