Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kimbo a contestant on TUF 10!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

After watching the most recent episode of TUF, I would have to disagree with you. Nick look like he had an adrenaline dump straight off the bat, and never really recovered. It may only be Dana and some officails at the fight but given that millions of people watch the show the pressure has to be huge. Given that Kimbo has fought live on the most watched, and the third most watched US fights in MMA history, I would say he has a large edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

dunkamania wrote: »
    After watching the most recent episode of TUF, I would have to disagree with you. Nick look like he had an adrenaline dump straight off the bat, and never really recovered. It may only be Dana and some officails at the fight but given that millions of people watch the show the pressure has to be huge. Given that Kimbo has fought live on the most watched, and the third most watched US fights in MMA history, I would say he has a large edge.

Agreed 100% I wish him well, always liked him and I hope he can have one more run.

Apparently Roy "Big Country" Nelson, and Wes Sims have joined season 10 of TUF

http://www.cagepotato.com/more-tuf-10-news-roy-nelson-wes-sims-join-kimbo-slice-heavyweight-funhouse

Roy Nelson got ko'd by Arlovski, following a somewhat controversial reffing decision. He has alot of experience and the exact skillset required to pickup a win over Kimbo.

Not so sure bout Wes Sims, but there now 2 more competitors with the experience to deal with the big time pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

http://www.cagepotato.com/more-tuf-10-news-roy-nelson-wes-sims-join-kimbo-slice-heavyweight-funhouse

Roy Nelson got ko'd by Arlovski, following a somewhat controversial reffing decision. He has alot of experience and the exact skillset required to pickup a win over Kimbo.

Not so sure bout Wes Sims, but there now 2 more competitors with the experience to deal with the big time pressure.
    What the hell is with this series :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

I can see it now, UFC 106 - " Sims v Mir III " for the Undisputed Heavyweight Belt :D

• Advertisement

I might be alone in thinking this, but freakshow element aside, the standard and level of experience is the highest out of at least the last 5 seasons. On top of that the personalities, plus the fact that alot of the house mates are already known (dont forget the ex-NFL players) could make this season commercially very successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Wes Sims is one of the first fighters I ever remember seeing in MMA...And he made me want to kick him square in the rocks. A (albeit huge) stocking. Seem to recall him being DQ'd for footstomps to the head at one point.

Toolbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

Sounds like Dana isn't taking any chances making sure Kimbo gets his ass kicked hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Roy Nelson's got to be the heavy favourite if he's on it. Great fighter

I agree, decision loss to Monson was questionable, and losss to Arlovski was not controversay free either.

• Advertisement

I agree, decision loss to Monson was questionable, and losss to Arlovski was not controversay free either.

He'd be entertaining to watch in the house too. I'm guessing that there will be a lot of eating this season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

For all the Kimbo fans, he is an asshole, fact. Dont take my word for it takes Bas Rutten's and thats good enough for me.

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=2626

Fromvert wrote: »
    For all the Kimbo fans, he is an asshole, fact. Dont take my word for it takes Bas Rutten's and thats good enough for me.

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=2626

Only fighter who Randy Couture refused to train :pac:

In fairness to Kimbo though, his comments in that sound to me more like there actually was an agreement not to go to the ground in that fight rather than him being an asshole

Advertisement