Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football today, June 2

• 02-06-2009 8:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Bored to death already by Premiership transfer hype? Then it's RFRF time!

19:45 Drogheda Utd v Cork City
    19:45 Shamrock Rovers v Dundalk
    19:45 Bohemians :cool: v Galway Utd
    19:45 Derry City v St Patrick's Ath
    19:45 Bray Wanderers v Sligo Rovers

We need a win against Galway to confirm a return to form. Looks good on paper, but then...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I could be wrong:

Cork win (anxious to get back on track after defeat - prob 2-0 victory)
    Bohs win (eager to continue their dominance - and stay on top)
    Derry win (need to stay in touch with the top 2)
    Shamrock Rovers/Dundalk - draw or home win (rovers not quite a fortress yet but Dundalk team in turmoil at the moment - georgie gone will be a big loss to them )
    Bray Win (at home Bray as cold and windy as it always is.....usually difficult to get points)

sligo might nick a point at the Carlisle but I doubt it ...

I think Cork this season will have no problem beating Drogheda (in previous years it would be a draw)...my prediction...2-0

Bohs without doubt in good form with the rest of the league below them will want to show they are made determined to be champions - expect at least 3 goals (2-1 or 3-0), will go for a prediction of 3-0 here

Derry...against a Pats team that are not playing as a team, I think a tough affair with Derry coming out victors 1-0

Rovers/Dundalk .... both teams capable of grinding out a result with Rovers having more experience of doing it at the top level, Dundalk without Rodgers/O'Callaghan will effectively take the bite out of their team and I can see Rovers win by the odd goal (1-0 or 2-1) .... or Dundalk to fight hard and hold on get a draw 1-1

Bray v Sligo.....hmmm.... both teams not really scoring on all fronts but I see the home team using the pitch to their advantage and gaining a 1-0 victory (Bray historically gain a draw against the big teams and beat the smaller teams at home - no offence Sligo fans)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Rovers could really do with a win tonight. Our weird home form is starting to take the gloss off what has been a great season in other ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Great roundup PCPhoto, but I think you've been too hard on Galway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

If we don't get a result tonight and then do so in Cork on Friday, I'll tear off my arm :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

PCPhoto wrote: »
    I think Cork this season will have no problem beating Drogheda (in previous years it would be a draw)...my prediction...2-0
    It was like watching last season's matches against 'lesser' teams at United Park in reverse (because now we're one of those 'lesser' teams). A team of overpaid players, in a club living beyond its financial means, managed by Paul Doolin, playing negative football versus a bunch of kids who try to play a flowing passing game. And the winner is ..... the beautiful game!

At last! A home win for the Drogs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

2 defeats in a row for Cork .... fair play to the Drogs, a well deserved and needed victory (had a feeling that prediction was gonna bite me in the ass)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

PDN or any other Drogs fans, how did Skinner do it goal for you's last night? He's a local and is mates with a few of my mates (my claim to fame).:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

dfx- wrote: »
    If we don't get a result tonight and then do so in Cork on Friday, I'll tear off my arm :mad:
    If ye win in Turner's Cross on Friday night, there may be a few arms torn off alright, but it won't be from Rover's fans. Doolin might not need gloves come next winter...:mad:

Advertisement