Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

miralize wrote: »
    got a link with that quote or that dvd news?

8 mins onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

nommm wrote: »

very nice!! thanking you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Anyone else got the Muse iPhone app?

Got it yesterday and it's pretty class. Has all the music videos, the live dvds and other live performances to watch. You can also listen to the albums, get tour dates and generally keep up to date with all the news.

Well worth the few for the music vids alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

Wembley gig pretty soon. Can't pick up the tickets until 4 though which will hurt chances of getting pit pass. Anyone know if Wembley usually has a pit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

budgemook wrote: »
    Wembley gig pretty soon. Can't pick up the tickets until 4 though which will hurt chances of getting pit pass. Anyone know if Wembley usually has a pit?

If wembley has the same set up as Stade de France

72501ed8-bda2-4e87-9690-e2b04baa9ad2.jpg

one general pit area and then the barrier at the back. Though knowing some of the guys at the muse board, you've no chance of getting up front! :rolleyes:

Being supported by Biffy Clyro for the Australia Tour :D

Garseys wrote: »
    one general pit area and then the barrier at the back. Though knowing some of the guys at the muse board, you've no chance of getting up front! :rolleyes:

I beg to differ ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Any whispers of a stadium gig here next summer yet? Surely the new Aviva is going to host them in 2011?

SK1979 wrote: »
    Any whispers of a stadium gig here next summer yet? Surely the new Aviva is going to host them in 2011?

The band have said that they are recording in 2011 and taking a break, so Its unlikely but I'd love if they did. Anyway Chris is living in the southside now so he could probably walk home from there :pac:

btw Qtv and Channel 4 are showing Oxegen footage in the next few weeks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Being supported by Biffy Clyro for the Australia Tour :D

Always an amazing bonus!

Budgemook did you not get them sent out fom seetickets? Mine arrived yesterday, not sue if going for pit though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Just thought I post this because .. well .. its awesome!

Mushy wrote: »
    Always an amazing bonus!

Budgemook did you not get them sent out fom seetickets? Mine arrived yesterday, not sue if going for pit though.

No. I had some problems. My friend booked them on his card and then cancelled the card. I used their form a few times trying to contact them but they never got back to me. By the time I found a number to call them they said it's too late to post them and that I'd have to collect them at the box office. Not replying to queries made using their form isn't really on if you ask me.

The band have said that they are recording in 2011 and taking a break, so Its unlikely but I'd love if they did. Anyway Chris is living in the southside now so he could probably walk home from there :pac:

btw Qtv and Channel 4 are showing Oxegen footage in the next few weeks :D
    What's this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

What's this?

Yeah he said in an interview he has a place in Dublin now. Irish Times i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Enter more Irish Muse stalkers:D

• Advertisement

Indeed.

Something along the lines of "Need somewhere to live near an International Airport that isn't as busy as London"

It's Foxrock aswell Apparently :p

No. I had some problems. My friend booked them on his card and then cancelled the card. I used their form a few times trying to contact them but they never got back to me. By the time I found a number to call them they said it's too late to post them and that I'd have to collect them at the box office. Not replying to queries made using their form isn't really on if you ask me.

The CC I used to book mine had to be cancelled. When they sent the thing about posting them I had to re-enter the card details, but used my new one. No problems or questions asked.
    Indeed.

Something along the lines of "Need somewhere to live near an International Airport that isn't as busy as London"

It's Foxrock aswell Apparently :p

I remember putting that up on Muse forums, bloody drummer Chris:p

Always an amazing bonus!

Simon Neil is f***in' bleach blonde...what in the hell?

Chris just said on twitter that he might try and organise a football match with the fans in Ireland sometime after Wembley. :D:D:D

seetickets told me box office at wembley is open at 12 now

• Advertisement

Anyone know what time Muse will be on/off stage in Wembley?

Anyone know what time Muse will be on/off stage in Wembley?
    Friday 10 September
    16:30 Doors open
    17:55 White Rabbit
    18:40 Big Pink
    19:30 Lily Allen
    20:45 Muse
    23:00 Curfew

Saturday 11 September
    16:30 Doors open
    17:55 I Am Arrows
    18:40 White Lies
    19:30 Biffy Clyro
    20:45 Muse
    23:00 Curfew

http://www.wembleystadium.com/events/majorevents/muse

Amazing Set last night: Feel bad for the guys who only went the 10th(They got B&H, I Belong to you, New Born & Neutron Star Collision)

Uprising (extended)
    Supermassive Black Hole
    MK Ultra
    Map of the Problematique + Who Knows Who riff
    Bliss (long)
    Guiding Light
    Interlude + Hysteria + Back in Black outro
    Citizen Erased
    Nishe
    United States of Eurasia
    Ruled by Secrecy
    Feeling Good
    MK Jam
    Undisclosed Desires
    Resistance
    Starlight
    House of the Rising Sun riff + Time Is Running Out + Voodoo Child (Slight Return) riff + Jimmy Jam
    Unnatural Selection

Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)
    Stockholm Syndrome + School riff + Endless Nameless riff

Take a Bow
    Plug In Baby
    Man with a Harmonica intro + Knights of Cydonia

And they also got Biffy last night.

The lack of New Born, Dead Star and anything from Showbiz is disappointing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

The lack of New Born, Dead Star and anything from Showbiz is disappointing though.
    This is what really annoys me about them, its like they have forgotten the album exists. The setlists have become so predictable that even one rarity doesnt make up for it. Atleast they are playing CE again though

iMuse wrote: »
    This is what really annoys me about them, its like they have forgotten the album exists. The setlists have become so predictable that even one rarity doesnt make up for it. Atleast they are playing CE again though

Cave and Unintended were rotated during the Arena tour, so was Sunburn(albeit at 2 gigs)

Matt said the band aren't comfortable playing old material.

Dom has mentioned that he wants to play Muscle Museum again(though Matt lost his "special pedal":rolleyes:)

I agree about the predictable setlists though(except for oxegen that was unpredictable!)

I know they have to play new stuff and all that but the likes of I Belong To You, Neutron Star Collison and most of Exogenesis are absolutely terrible songs in comparison to the likes of Muscle Museum.

Glad to see CE making a comeback alright and hopefully Bliss gets a run until the end of the year so I can see it again. Seven gigs since 2002 so far and never seen Unintended!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

I'm with you on Neutron Star Collision. I can see where you're coming from with I Belong to you (even though I love it) but I cannot agree with you on Exogenesis. That is awesome on the album and has been absolutely brilliant the last 2 times I've seen them perform it.

I couldn't be happier with Citizen Erased being played again as it's my favourite Muse song (I saw Unintended at the gig in Nov and it was only alright. I dont think you're missing out there too much).

Brilliant gig on Saturday although I think I preferred the stage setup they had in the o2 in Nov.

Ah yeah I can't imagine Unintended being spectacular or anything but I just want to say I've seen it if you know what I mean.

If they bring back Dead Star for the Australia tour I will die a happy man.

Ah yeah I can't imagine Unintended being spectacular or anything but I just want to say I've seen it if you know what I mean.

If they bring back Dead Star for the Australia tour I will die a happy man.

Its quite possible, they brought back Ruled by Secrecy and Fury for the last Aussie tour!

Though don't expect much, they are bringing the towers down(which restricts the setlist a bit)

• Advertisement

Fury? Aw man.. That plus Shrinking Universe and CE would be the main part of an ideal Muse setlist.

I still can't get over them playing that awful Twilight song though. Maybe it won the vote on the Muse website thanks to all the people going thanks to Lilly Allen supporting?

Fury? Aw man.. That plus Shrinking Universe and CE would be the main part of an ideal Muse setlist.

I still can't get over them playing that awful Twilight song though. Maybe it won the vote on the Muse website thanks to all the people going thanks to Lilly Allen supporting?

well actually no...

Wembley 10th September (Poll Results)
    1. Citizen Erased
    2. Bliss
    3. Showbiz
    4. Assassin
    5. Fury

Wembley 11th September
    1. Citizen Erased
    2. Bliss
    3. Showbiz
    4. Assassin
    5. Hyper Music

NSC was dropped for ages...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

In fairness......

Just in the door from truly excellent weekend in London. Sat night, obviously, was the highlight. Fantastic set, stage, show as expected. They really never do disappoint. Biffy were good also. Still have a very sore neck today and really sore feet from looking for my friend. Did a few laps of Wembley town, not just the stadium.

If the 18/19 year old crowd from Dublin, one of whom had a tri colour on his back, post on here thanks very much for letting me put my SIM in your phone. I'd probably still be there if it wasn't for that.

The Saturday gig was truly astounding. Setlist was done really well, delighted to see Resistance put much later in the set. Think that'll be one of those great live songs in few years that'll still be there. Love how its so blown over the top dramatics, songs in a setting that big are awesome.

Didn't like Dom's comments of it being something like 'last one in a long time'. Know it probably/definitely means Europe touring is over, but just don't know how long for.

I think I read somewhere they're planning on taking a long holiday after touring and will then start working on a new album. Might not see them again for a couple of years :(

I think I read somewhere they're planning on taking a long holiday after touring and will then start working on a new album. Might not see them again for a couple of years :(

Thats immediately what I thought alright. Ah well they've hit massive heights, they deserve a break, fair play to them.

Also according to muselive.com they're going to be toning-down their gigs in the future, going for a more personal approach. Sounds cool.
    Muse's Matt Bellamy has said that he is thinking about writing a "more personal" music project following the band's recent epic albums and shows.

The band are set to play Wembley Stadium on Friday and Saturday (September 10 and 11), but the singer/guitarist has said that, after those shows, he will work on material that would be more fitting for smaller venues.

"I feel like we can't go much bigger in terms of the kinds of concerts we're playing," he told Time Out. "Weirdly, that seems to have coincided with my personal life destabilising about a year ago. I split from a relationship… I was doing lots of self-analysing."

He added: "I sense that that's going to lead to a writing project that will be more personal, rather than talking about grand political concerns. That itself might lead to material that's more suitable for smaller venues."

http://www.muselive.com/index.php?m=single&id=6316

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

well actually no...

Wembley 10th September (Poll Results)
    1. Citizen Erased
    2. Bliss
    3. Showbiz
    4. Assassin
    5. Fury

Wembley 11th September
    1. Citizen Erased
    2. Bliss
    3. Showbiz
    4. Assassin
    5. Hyper Music

NSC was dropped for ages...

Ah for ****'s sake, showbiz was third? I thought they were going to play the top three songs? Showbiz is the one song I haven't heard live that I really want to.

• Advertisement

In this article Dom said they were planning on recording in London in 2011.

http://www.citylife.co.uk/music/news/15413_main_event__muse

Didn't like Dom's comments of it being something like 'last one in a long time'. Know it probably/definitely means Europe touring is over, but just don't know how long for.

He explicity said "Last UK gig in a long time" The band left a lot of Europe out on this tour, might mean when they come back, they start it off in Eastern Europe or Asia

Yep, time off after the Australian leg.
    AAAAAAAHHH wrote: »
    Ah for ****'s sake, showbiz was third? I thought they were going to play the top three songs? Showbiz is the one song I haven't heard live that I really want to.

Showbiz hasn't been played in over 3 years, I don't think Matt likes performing it due to the vocals.(he had the same problem with Cave until they start playing it a half step down)

Its a shame, its an amazing track quite easily one of their best.

Theres an article online(Can't find the link) where Dom mentions Chris wasn't "all there" during the Resistance recording (due to his rehab etc...) and that they can't wait to record and write as a 3-piece again.

Wonder will Chris bring more Rock onboard :pac:

btw keep an eye on his twitter feed: http://twitter.com/ctwolstenholme

He may be still doing the Irish fan football match :D

I don't get it, the vocals in Knights of Cydonia are just a tough as Showbiz. The whole screaming thing, no?

I can understand him not playing Micro Cuts but Showbiz? I know the end is fairly intense but so is KoD.

I don't get it, the vocals in Knights of Cydonia are just a tough as Showbiz. The whole screaming thing, no?

I can understand him not playing Micro Cuts but Showbiz? I know the end is fairly intense but so is KoD.

Matt has a problem with sustained high notes, not vibrato(which is present in Knights)

Same for Microcuts, its falsetto.

That download is freaking awesome. Love listening to it, metronome rocks for Hysteria.

That download is freaking awesome. Love listening to it, metronome rocks for Hysteria.

:confused:

What download?

• Advertisement

I love Chris on vocals, but it sounds weak on SMBH & Uprising (Probably due to him using vocoders)

His voice sounds awesome here though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNkDTrDT4A8
    :confused:

What download?

Highlight my spoiler post ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Highlight my spoiler post ;)

Please do not link to bootleg downloads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭greenmachine88

Muse are crazy overrated, not bad just insanely hyped

Ever see them live?

I don't think so. They're worth the hype imo. They were pretty successful anyway before they even started to receive hype.

• Advertisement
Advertisement