Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muse

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Yeah, Popcorn is a great cover. I prefer the live version but the studio track is still fun. Definitely not something I'd ever think they'd do.

The Resistance single that Popcorn is on also has another cover, Prague by Mega City Four, and a Tiesto remix of Resistance. Prague is alright, definitely something a bit different anyway. The remix of Resistance is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

The Muse christmas present this year...

http://muse.mu/page.aspx?page=christmas2010&sp_rid=NDIwMDE3NTcwOAS2&sp_mid=36115984&eml=36115984

They always get better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Garseys wrote: »

http://muse.mu/page.aspx?page=christmas2010&sp_rid=NDIwMDE3NTcwOAS2&sp_mid=36115984&eml=36115984

Epic. Sound is fantastic on that. I love that they still do stuff like this for their fans. It would be incredible if they did something like this for the next DVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Saw them on Sunday night for the 8th time and the show was sensational, even if the setlist was mediocre (Guiding Light ffs). Was the final date of the Resistance tour so Matt smashed up his custom made red guitar after Stockholm Syndrome. He went a bit mental for a minute or two!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Got a video of it lawl?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

aww nice touch!! well interactive!! and citizen erased!!! NICE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Citizen Erased at Wembley was just as amazing as I remembered it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Garseys wrote: »

That may possibly be the greatest thing in the history of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I'm not much of a Muse fan (as you can see in some earlier posts), but I thought this was class.

Also, loved that Christmas present job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

You won't find a better band than this, folks. Watch..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Chris was in Dublin on Monday. Played a song with Bipolar Empire in the Workmans club.

check out Chris's new strings!!

tumblr_lis6hoB6Dm1qcw05qo1_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Whoa Chris looks scary with that hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

MrSparkle wrote: »
    That is awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Muse live at Reading currently on BBC3. They're playing Origin of Symmetry followed by Greatest Hits and are currently on Bliss.
    Go! Go! Go!

**** I missed it :( Hopefully I can see it on YT soon enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

miralize wrote: »

It's still on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

miralize wrote: »

BBC Three have been replaying a lot of stuff they've aired via the red button, just a heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

When BBC showed the Teignmouth gig before I was able to DL it shortly after.

Looks like they aren't playing OOS from start to finish but are mixing it up a bit.

Was supposed to go. Sorry I didn't now. I'd say my mates are having a right blast.

• Advertisement

Thought they were gonna cover Deftones there!

budgemook wrote: »
    Looks like they aren't playing OOS from start to finish but are mixing it up a bit.

BBC cut out a lot of the Origin of Symmetry stuff apparently. Lots of folk on Twitter giving out about it.

mostly me. Poor from the Beeb, given the fact that they advertised the OOS performance heavily. Was any of it via the red button or something?

Isn't this live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

ha ha Mat just sent a guitar into orbit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭The House Of Wolves

Friend of mine was there, apparently Meglomania was the best in her opinion.
    The set list was all of OOS, Uprising, SMBH, Interlude, Hysteria, Resistance, Starlight, SS, Man with a Harmonica and KOC.

That sounds amazing, really wish I was there.

Isn't this live?

Don't think so, about an hour delay I think.

Yess but only the second half of the show

Friend of mine was there, apparently Meglomania was the best in her opinion.
    The set list was all of OOS, Uprising, SMBH, Interlude, Hysteria, Resistance, Starlight, SS, Man with a Harmonica and KOC.

That sounds amazing, really wish I was there.

That's missing some tracks for sure... Undisclosed Desires for instance and it says it's on for for another hour. SMBH, Hysteria, SS have all been played. And Resistance now.2 / 3 things left for an hour?

• Advertisement

There's a setlist in progress here, not sure how accurate it is. I think BBC might have caught up with all the stuff they cut out so it could be pretty close to live at this stage.

Rumours of a special guest tonight too, no sign of any yet though.

BBC showed Newborn, Bliss and Plug in Baby from where I started watching around 23:25. The rest has been more or less other albums.

Aldebaran wrote: »
    There's a setlist in progress here, not sure how accurate it is. I think BBC might have caught up with all the stuff they cut out so it could be pretty close to live at this stage.

Rumours of a special guest tonight too, no sign of any yet though.

Hmmm, looks like the kind of setlist that could be incorporated into some type of commemorative dvd.:D

10 years this summer since I first saw them live, can't believe it was that long ago!

explained. night all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

seems a bit odd that they didn't feel comfortable playing OoS live (tv), yet can play it to the crowd :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

That Reading/Leeds setlist is orgasmic. Only thing missing is Dead Star.

• Advertisement

they usually do a deftones riff in the middle of their gigs.. same with RATM.

I'm so raging I missed this gig! I usually travel to England for the big gigs like Wembley but terrible timing and financial situation is abysmal!

I envy my mate who's gone to see them! so jelly!

hypermuse wrote: »

they usually do a deftones riff in the middle of their gigs.. same with RATM.

I'm so raging I missed this gig! I usually travel to England for the big gigs like Wembley but terrible timing and financial situation is abysmal!

I envy my mate who's gone to see them! so jelly!
    Really? I never noticed them playing a deftones riff before.

They used to play the headup riff quite a lot, usually after New Born or TIRO I think. Not so much recently though

anyone know where there is proshot footage of the recent gig at Leeds festival..

can only find amateur shots from crowd... :o

anyone know where there is proshot footage of the recent gig at Leeds festival..

can only find amateur shots from crowd... :o

Would Reading do you?

• Advertisement

Would Reading do you?

Thanks mate but there is loads of the reading which is amazing!! but was more wondering if there was proshots of Leeds also. Dunno if it was done or not!

Any Ideas?

Thanks mate but there is loads of the reading which is amazing!! but was more wondering if there was proshots of Leeds also. Dunno if it was done or not!

Any Ideas?

nah afraid not.

I didn't look at your username before I replied. I now realise you post a lot here so are well aware of Reading footage

nah afraid not.

I didn't look at your username before I replied. I now realise you post a lot here so are well aware of Reading footage

:D no worries! Cheers bud!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Went over to Leeds just for the Friday. Couldn't say no to Interpol and Muse! Have to say they put on a phenomenal show. Third time seeing them, and despite not being their biggest fan ever, they sure are talented musicians. Matt really puts his all in anytime I've seen them. The Origin of Symetry show really worked too. Deffo my favorite album of their, and played a solid few songs afterwards. Even the absolute pools of muck didn't dampen our spirit! :D

Sútalún wrote: »
    Went over to Leeds just for the Friday. Couldn't say no to Interpol and Muse! Have to say they put on a phenomenal show. Third time seeing them, and despite not being their biggest fan ever, they sure are talented musicians. Matt really puts his all in anytime I've seen them. The Origin of Symetry show really worked too. Deffo my favorite album of their, and played a solid few songs afterwards. Even the absolute pools of muck didn't dampen our spirit! :D

really wish I had the time and money for it!! bad bad timing for me! Pains me when they know what their core fans really love and they rarely get it! OoS show is prob never gonna happen again! So sad...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭DirtyLeeds

OOS is ridiculously over-rated amongst Muse fans.

Screenager/Micro Cuts/DarkShines/Megalomania/Space Dementia are all filler/throwaway b-sides quality

DirtyLeeds wrote: »

Screenager/Micro Cuts/DarkShines/Megalomania/Space Dementia are all filler/throwaway b-sides quality

Microcuts!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Like Darkshines coz of drums n bass in it are great!! Megalomania and space dementia are quality but guess its all just opinions really aint it!! :o

Microcuts!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Like Darkshines coz of drums n bass in it are great!! Megalomania and space dementia are quality but guess its all just opinions really aint it!! :o

Have you heard 'Dead Cuts' live? It's a Micro Cuts/Dead Star medley

Amazing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Apparently 360 cameras were spotted at both Reading and Leeds so there's a good chance of some of OOS being included on the next DVD. :)
    DirtyLeeds wrote: »

What is wrong with you? :P They're among my favorite Muse songs.

nommm wrote: »
    Apparently 360 cameras were spotted at both Reading and Leeds so there's a good chance of some of OOS being included on the next DVD. :)

What is wrong with you? :P They're among my favorite Muse songs.

Sorry! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement