Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muse

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

budgemook wrote: »
    They're hardly completely different though are they? Fairly close when you consider the whole spectrum of music genres.

About as close as folk is to punk at this stage imo.

Both of these are called dubstep:

Do you hear the similarities? I don't…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Nope. Metal is the parent genre. Nu metal is a child of that parent. Tis all metal.

Skrillex is Dubstep. Bad Dubstep. Any research will tell you that.
    Skrillex is dubstep in the same way as house music is disco music.

to me, Skrillex and all that other noisey, mostly-American mid-range stuff is brostep.
    similarly, that noise at the end of the trailer isn't dubstep. it's lacking any discernible dub or 2step influences.

just like how dubstep isn't 2step garage or DnB.
    or grime isn't hiphop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Can you guys take your expert "well researched" opinions to PM or something?

I was well pissed there was no date in Dublin for the European tour! Almost wet myself with excitement when I saw there was a European tour.. I am very disappoint..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Plenty of days between Manchester and Munich, although don't know why they wouldn't just announce them at the same time. I don't have much money for tickets now though either, and want Foos tickets too so maybe its not the worst thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Greenacres wrote: »
    anyone know why the 'bringing kids to electric picnic' thread has merged with the 'Muse' 'thread???

Not sure what you mean. Are you seeing the two threads combined or is that a comment on the arguing on thread? Either way I'm confused.

Anyway here comes the mod part:

Can we leave the what is/isn't dubstep stuff please? It's starting to take the thread off-topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

Greenacres wrote: »
    anyone know why the 'bringing kids to electric picnic' thread has merged with the 'Muse' 'thread???

Not sure what you mean. Are you seeing the two threads combined or is that a comment on the arguing on thread? Either way I'm confused.

Anyway here comes the mod part:

Can we leave the what is/isn't dubstep stuff please? It's starting to take the thread off-topic.
    I also have seen the bringing the kids to ep posts in this thread. i have been using the touch mobile site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I also have seen the bringing the kids to ep posts in this thread. i have been using the touch mobile site.

Same here, both on phone and laptop. Between that and the snobby bollox being talked about genres it's complete thread spoiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

The dubstep bit sounds a bit like the stuff they've been doing as the intro to Supermassive black hole, except recorded and with some added "wubs".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Thread cleaned up. Gremlins expunged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

It's definitely a cack self-important promo vid. I won't watch it again.

But I certainly won't make any assumptions of the bands direction etc based on about 2 minutes of Matt Bellamy whacking off his guitar while dancing on an FX pedal, or pressing the "Orchestral Stings" button on his Casio Keyboard!

He does that stuff all the time, and we still end up with a very typical Muse album, which so far I've enjoyed

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

It's definitely a cack self-important promo vid. I won't watch it again.

But I certainly won't make any assumptions of the bands direction etc based on about 2 minutes of Matt Bellamy whacking off his guitar while dancing on an FX pedal, or pressing the "Orchestral Stings" button on his Casio Keyboard!

He does that stuff all the time, and we still end up with a very typical Muse album, which so far I've enjoyed

Any word on an Irish date?

*sigh* no.. :(

European dates released, on sale.. still not a word bout an Irish date.

Muse are set to debut their brand new single, 'Unsustainable', tomorrow (June 27) evening on BBC Radio 1, reports Muselive.com.

The station will premiere the track at 7.30pm (BST) on Zane Lowe's show. The track is rumoured to be linked to the Olympics. For more information visit bbc.co.uk/radio1.

Muse recently unveiled the trailer for their new studio album. To watch the trailer, which ends with the words 'The 2nd Law' and 'September 2012', scroll down to the bottom of the page and click.

The band's new album is the follow-up to 2009's 'The Resistance' and has been recorded in London. Little has been revealed about the album so far, but bassist Chris Wolstenholme previously said that the band wanted to do "something radically different" on their new LP.

The Devon trio will play five shows across the UK in October. The gigs begin at Glasgow's SECC on October 24, before the band move onto London's O2 Arena for two shows on October 26 and 27. They then play Birmingham LG Arena on October 30 before finishing up at Manchester Arena on November 1.

Hmmmmmmmmm

From Muse's twitter, sounds ominous.
    New song 'Survival' has been selected by the Olympics to be the main official song for the London 2012 Olympics

Matt wrote the song with the Olympics in mind - it's about total conviction and pure determination to win

The song will be played throughout the games within stadiums and on international sports TV coverage

Yea its all totally official now..

As much as I am excited to hear it, I'm very apprehensive how it'll sound as it'll have to appeal to a whole world wide audience and may not have much of a muse sound to it.

I can see it ending up very generic and very poppy just to suit the masses!
    I'm hoping its more of an orchestral sound that's unashamedly way over the top!

Love is forever.. oh sweet Jesus no!

for those of you as eager as I am to hear the new song..

here are 2 leaked snippets accompanied by some Olympic images.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I dunno... very cheesy from the clips above :/

But i guess with that, they've given really nothing away as far as melodies or guitar riffs are concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

Oh my, the previews already have me salivating. I just can't see it being anything now other than amazing, powerful, fun and most importantly MAD! Not to mention the cheese, good cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Confirmed that only one song will be dubstep sounding, thank fcuk.

• Advertisement

iMuse wrote: »
    Confirmed that only one song will be dubstep sounding, thank fcuk.

here here!! I like the way they try different things but I think that woulda be a step to far!

oh n I just listened to the song on BBC radio 1!!

Song itself is pretty rocking!! love it but the vocals and lyrics seem quite boring and bland.. Just 1st impression thou.. Gonna give it another few listens now..

Here it is including the intro/prelude part!

First listen didnt like it. Immediately warmed up to it. The lyrics are as suspected cheesy, but it is really just a bit of Muse-centric fun!

Oh dear, what a crock of shit :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Oh yes. I'm hearing some Queen(Brian May), ELO amongst other madness. I love it. For me, it's better than 80% of what was on Resistance.

• Advertisement

They also announced that the dubstep song will be the only one on the album and that they're using real instruments to create the sounds

Lyrics and Singing are shockingly bad. It sounds like a novelty song The Darkness would come out with. Kind of ironic seeing as how poorly Matt thought of The Darkness.

The last 2 minutes are good though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

hahaha that's gas.

Can't make up my mind about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Oh yes. I'm hearing some Queen(Brian May), ELO amongst other madness. I love it. For me, it's better than 80% of what was on Resistance.

Its VERY ELO...like something from Eldorado. Not sure what I make of it.

• Advertisement

Anyone else think the first few verses of vocals sound line Queens 'We are the Champions' ?

Anyone else think the first few verses of vocals sound line Queens 'We are the Champions' ?

no.. just sound cheesy as **** but I expected as much considering its an Olympic song!

just glad the music aint super cheesy! nice Rocking riffs!!

hypermuse wrote: »

no.. just sound cheesy as **** but I expected as much considering its an Olympic song!

just glad the music aint super cheesy! nice Rocking riffs!!

Wouldn't say they're rocking, more like overblown fret-w*nkery!

Race, life’s a race
    And I am gonna win
    Yes, I am gonna win

And I’ll light the fuse
    And I’ll never lose
    And I choose to survive
    Whatever it takes
    You won’t pull ahead
    I’ll keep up the pace
    And i’ll give you my strength
    To the whole human race
    Yes I am prepared
    To stay alive
    And I won’t fogive, vengance is mine
    And i won’t give in
    Because I choose to thrive

Seriously, just fuck off with that nonsense :mad:

(And yes, I realise that Bellamy has never been lyrically gifted but this is below even his usual standards)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Can't say Im too excited for the album after hearing survival and that teaser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I think it smacks more of "My Way" but didn't really want to admit it.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Horrendous lyrics, no two ways a bout it. Hopefully this was just because of the Olympics and he cops on for the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Had to laugh when I heard the song to be honest. Those lyrics could haunt them forever. Pretty awful song and the music dosent save it either, ill second the 'fret wankery' comment above.

I had always hoped this day wouldn't come, but deary me, they're losing me fast :(

I dunno. The lyrics are obviously ****, but it's definitely growing on me, if only just a bit. Better than NSC though

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    Better than NSC though

dont ever mention that please **shudders**

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

I actually prefer NSC.

I prefer NSC too - cracking solo and so anthemic !

Album cover

the2ndlaw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

^^ album cover ^^looks like the bristles of a psychedleic brush!! whats it meant to be,abstract art of some sort?

Could be anything really.

It looks a neural network of a brain....

What the colours mean I don't know but it looks like a sagittal section of a brain to me! The blue lines look like nerves that are coming up from the brainstem/spine into the brain...

the2ndlaw.jpg

C0055988-Human_head_and_brain_sagittal_section-SPL.jpg

From Muse's Twitter they gave this link http://www.humanconnectomeproject.org/

First single released on August 20th - Madness. Album delayed until October 1st.

http://muse.mu/news/article/792/1st-single-announced--new-album-release-date/

• Advertisement

Looking forward to it. If its anythijg like Undisclosed Desires, i'll cry

Advertisement