Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muse

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Hard to believe I was obsessed with this band 10 years ago. The new ablum is cringeworthy... I honestly can't even listen to it right through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Panic Station, clearly influenced by Electric Six!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

hypermuse wrote: »
    There is alot of Queen sounds in their songs, and not just from their new this album. I don't know how that is supposed to be a bad thing tbh.

yeah, thats what i was thinking this morning. That grandiose kind of way he sings.

Devia wrote: »
    Hard to believe I was obsessed with this band 10 years ago. The new ablum is cringeworthy... I honestly can't even listen to it right through.

It cant be that bad... But I havent pulled the trigger and bought it yet.

Someone tell me the best two tracks and I'll get those?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Supremacy & Panic Station/Animals

• Advertisement

Downloading all 3...

I'll be leaving work in about an hour and I'll listen while I drive home.

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

flyswatter wrote: »
    Panic Station, clearly influenced by Electric Six!

yea.... totally................

InTheTrees wrote: »

Someone tell me the best two tracks and I'll get those?

madness is a nice change of pace aswel... check out the live version on Jools Holland on youtube, its great!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭Decade of Decadence

SUUUUUUUUUPREMACY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

SUUUUUUUUUPREMACY!
    Man ive had that in my head for DAYS, that song is awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

At this point the only listenable songs are Supremacy, Follow Me and Big Freeze.

The rest is drivel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭Decade of Decadence

Xavi6 wrote: »
    At this point the only listenable songs are Supremacy, Follow Me and Big Freeze.

The rest is drivel.

Still a better album than The Resistance (not by much, mind!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I can see the similarities between the piano and bass in explorers to Freddie and John Deacon but to say a complete rip off is a bit of an overstatement.

From a recent interview of Matt and the band in the Telegraph on the numerous influences in T2L
    It’s neither conscious nor subconscious, You absorb influences and experiences and the brain mingles them together and they come out distorted – you could say that’s the nature of creativity

As I thought certain songs are growing on me, Explorers, Follow Me, Liquid State and Big Freeze(hidden gem of the album)

One thing that really stands out to me is Matt and Chris' vocals on the new tracks, best vocal work by both in their entire career, Follow me especially.

I'm glad they decided to take multiple routes instead of just one genre wise, shows their range as performers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Just listened to the album,
    Not great at all.

As already stated Panic Attack and Animals are the stand out tracks.

However, those tracks feel rip offs of other songs though, they just dont feel original at all.
    The rest are just throw away's.

Long gone are the days when I could listed to a new Muse album over and over and have an new and enjoyable experience with each listen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Minnesota Fats

I'm sorry but I don't want to hear Chris' vocally again, as accomplished and acceptable as they are.

Favourites are Supremacy, Panic Station, Animals and Unsustainable

I'm sorry but I don't want to hear Chris' vocally again, as accomplished and acceptable as they are.

Favourites are Supremacy, Panic Station, Animals and Unsustainable

I don't like the vocals on Save me but I do enjoy Liquid state. Would love to hear that live but I would imagine that would be too much too soon for Chris.

I don't like the vocals on Save me but I do enjoy Liquid state. Would love to hear that live but I would imagine that would be too much too soon for Chris.

I can see Liquid state being rotated with save me on the tour....

Listening to their oldish b-sides. Album worthy most of them. Stuff like Glorious, Eternally Missed, Fury & Futurism...

I know I said I'm a general fan of T2L, but they're oldish stuff is just better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

miralize wrote: »
    Listening to their oldish b-sides. Album worthy most of them. Stuff like Glorious, Eternally Missed, Fury & Futurism...

I know I said I'm a general fan of T2L, but they're oldish stuff is just better!

It is, but the new stuff is just constantly evolving for them. Was evident since BH&R really. I think the new stuff, even songs I don't like, will be immense live. I'd love to hear a 2.5 hour set from them some day, tis why I'll still see them. Cover everything, be too good for e eryone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

miralize wrote: »

Yeah pretty much all of their early B-sides were great. Still listen to Hullabaloo Disc 1 the odd time, a much better "album" than this 2nd law nonsense.

• Advertisement

Garseys wrote: »
    I can see Liquid state being rotated with save me on the tour....

From what I heard Chris doesn't have the confidence/technique/skill (cant remember specifically what term was used) to play liquid state live.

Being able to play an instrument and sing at the same time is a skill that too many people underestimate! Perhaps later on in the tour he will have the confidence to blast it out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Chris said they'd play Liquid State once he gets better at singing and playing at the same time.

Wing126 wrote: »
    Chris said they'd play Liquid State once he gets better at singing and playing at the same time.

Yea I read that but god know when that'll be! They've only just starting touring so could be a matter of days/weeks.

I'm hoping its not months coz I'd much prefer to hear LS live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Matt not exactly enthusiastic when talking about the new album:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/muse-matt-bellamy-disappointed-2nd-law_n_1960954.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment
    In an interview withThe Daily Star, Matt Bellamy seemed far from content with their new album, "The 2nd Law." “I’m disappointed that we don’t have many acoustic tracks, more quiet moments," he said. “When I left the studio after having laid the foundations for the single 'Madness' it was sparse. When I returned two days later, Chris and Dom Howard had put absolutely everything on it.”

Still not entirely sure what I think of it. For me the stand outs are Supremacy, Madness, and Explorers but I'm having trouble seeing too many others grow on me. I don't mind Chris' vocals but I'd rather if they had kept it to just one track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Lower initial sales than The Resistance too!

Lower initial sales than The Resistance too!

probably to do with the fact that the resistance was not a hugely loved album to say the least... turned people off them

probably to do with the fact that the resistance was not a hugely loved album to say the least... turned people off them

Sorry, I was a bit vague there. The link in the previous post to mine stated that the new album had lower sales than The Resistance.

Sorry, I was a bit vague there. The link in the previous post to mine stated that the new album had lower sales than The Resistance.

No I understood, I was saying that the Resistance was not a fantastic album. The people that bought that album may have been turned off Muse and as result effected sales of this t2L.

2 average albums in a row is not going to bode well for them! Still thou, I doubt they will be too worried about album sales for now. As long as the venues & stadia are full then they will be happy!

No I understood, I was saying that the Resistance was not a fantastic album. The people that bought that album may have been turned off Muse and as result effected sales of this t2L.

2 average albums in a row is not going to bode well for them! Still thou, I doubt they will be too worried about album sales for now. As long as the venues & stadia are full then they will be happy!

Lol after re-reading it, I dont know what the fúck I was thinking.:D

• Advertisement

Jesus Christ, just found this.

Anyone here ever get to hear this version of Assassin live in 2005 before they changed it and if there is a soundboard version?

Anyone here ever get to hear this version of Assassin live in 2005 before they changed it and if there is a soundboard version?

yea I had some form of copy of it on my old mp3 player back in the day, wasnt that cut there but similar obviously. Think I musta gotten it from microcuts.net back in the day when it was up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Look up the Grand Omega Bosses edit. Although this one has the MOTP drums and that sounds that bit rawer. I thought the studio version was a bit too polished up myself.
    Devia wrote: »
    To be fair, 10 years ago they actually knew how to write a decent track without absolutely slaughtering it with conspiracy theories, overblown strings, and some godawful lyrics...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Muse play Falling down tonight in France, Showbiz lives! Also played Unsustainable, liquid state and explorers for the first time (I think)

iMuse wrote: »
    Muse play Falling down tonight in France, Showbiz lives! Also played Unsustainable, liquid state and explorers for the first time (I think)

Falling down!! Wow!! Would love to hear that.. Such a random track to pick from showbiz, A plesant surprise if you were there!

Just checked out the playlist myself there..

Liquid state instead of Save me.... Jackpot!!!

I know I'll regret it but I'm getting my hopes up fot the O2 now!! :D

• Advertisement

Hopefully the rotate the Showbiz songs. What I would give to hear Showbiz (the song) live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Just checked out the playlist myself there..

Liquid state instead of Save me.... Jackpot!!!

I know I'll regret it but I'm getting my hopes up fot the O2 now!! :D

Just seen from that link that its the first time since 00 they have played falling down. There should be atleast 1 song from showbiz at each gig. Hope they play Showbiz or Sunburn at the O2 :)

I'd be delighted to hear Falling down, never heard it live before.

Heard all the other major tracks like sunburn, showbiz, MM, uninteneded!

Never got to hear the Piano version of Cave thou.. would love to hear that!

OK, I can live with that. I was getting worried looking at the recent last 2 biggish gigs.

This sounds pretty epic to be honest

• Advertisement

Did Matt do the vocals in that? I couldn't hear them :S

I dont think he did.

That's unfortunate. Hope he's not dropping the vocals out of it for the live shows. Rest of the song was awesome though.

Interstesting opening act.. Bit different I suppose!! Will prob work well live, will find out soon I guess! Opening and closing tracks tend to rarely change over a tour.

Had a quick look on YT. He's walking around the stage singing into a mic for a few songs. UD, Newborn intro(did he stop playing the keyboard on the intro before this?) and one of the new songs:p. Looked weird.

Must have stopped recently, he played the intro at the itunes festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eim641

So so disappointed was supposed to be going and have just realised I have to work that weekend!

Wing126 wrote: »
    Must have stopped recently, he played the intro at the itunes festival!
    Had a quick look on YT. He's walking around the stage singing into a mic for a few songs. UD, Newborn intro(did he stop playing the keyboard on the intro before this?) and one of the new songs:p. Looked weird.

He stopped doing the piano intro on the resistance tour, then did it for the pre-tour gigs and then stopped again.

Love this
    The stage becomes a roulette wheel to pick between new born and stockholm syndrome

and the even bigger thing than playing falling down was playing part of host.
    I'd say the showbiz rotation could be Sunburn/Falling Down/Cave (anything that has been played on piano in the last 2 years)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Love this
    The stage becomes a roulette wheel to pick between new born and stockholm syndrome
    That is an awesome idea!

He stopped doing the piano intro on the resistance tour, then did it for the pre-tour gigs and then stopped again.

Love this

and the even bigger thing than playing falling down was playing part of host.
    I'd say the showbiz rotation could be Sunburn/Falling Down/Cave (anything that has been played on piano in the last 2 years)

Yeah, a friend told me about that, didn't know about that cause the only time I've seen them live was at Oxegen and they didn't play it at all.

Any videos of that spoiler?

• Advertisement
Advertisement