Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ Hero and Scratch: The Ultimate DJ discussion

Options
  • 02-06-2009 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

This is more my kind of game, cannot wait for this one, just hope it will be accessible to play.

http://www.djhero.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Looks good, I'll be getting it when it comes out :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭ongarite

Full song demo here:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/02/dj-hero-demoed-on-a-stage-one-million-miles-away/

Looks pretty intense and complex at high difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Activison accepting that GH has run it's course.
    In no way in hell would i advocate another generation of bedroom mixers, but that game looks as funny as f*ck! I'd give it a bash. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭ongarite

You can also do a turntable & guitar mix at the same time with one player using the turntable & another playing guitar.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/02/video-dj-hero-turntable-and-guitar-gameplay/

ongarite wrote: »
    You can also do a turntable & guitar mix at the same time with one player using the turntable & another playing guitar.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/02/video-dj-hero-turntable-and-guitar-gameplay/

Thats only on a couple of tracks though i think...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Why would anyone get this game over Scratch: Ultimate DJ?

DJ Hero's controller looks like some kind of sick, twisted joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Why would anyone get this game over Scratch: Ultimate DJ?

DJ Hero's controller looks like some kind of sick, twisted joke.
    I think the DJ Hero controller looks better and from the demo I've seen it's well suited for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ParalysedBeaver

Cant wait to play this. Loving the Benny Bennassi vs Black Eyed Peas song

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

At first I was about as enthused about this game as I am enthused about the prospect of picking up dog faeces, but those videos look seriously cool... I'm still holding out for Accordion Hero though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Harp hero FTW.

00249.jpg

You've all been owned! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Really looking forward to DJ Hero I have to say. The renegade edition turntable looks deadly! dj_hero_renegade_edition.jpg

dj-hero-renegade-edition.jpg

The more I think about this game the more excited I get about it... Does anyone know anything about it's rival, Scratch: The ultimate DJ? All I know is it's not published by Activision, which is no bad thing ;)

Some nice vids here to give you an idea of difficulty and gameplay for DJ HERO

And here is the main competitor Scratch DJ, with a fairly comprehensive look at the game as a whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

You know this does actually look like fun, the only thing putting me off is having to spring for a new peripheral, that is only useful as long as this one game is fun.

Personally I'm looking forward to mastering a new peripheral... At the moment DJ hero is looking like the much stronger product, I assume that's not just me...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Both look really cool. Decks probably not perfectly compatible (ala Rock Band drums in GH) but we'll see. Glad to see scratching in both rather than just mixing between songs.

🤪

Decks are confirmed as NOT compatible. Lots of new DJ hero video snippets to be found here
    I'm still not sold on which one I'll get. I'll leave it a week, gauge the community's opinion.

i see it going for €120ish in most places, way to much for me to be able to afford in the short term. I'll definitely be glued to adverts.ie post xmas for cheap sets though :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 tuffenuff

it will be compatible with the guitar and i heard that there is a jukebox mode. a mate of mine saw it at a show and said it was amazing...can't wait:-)

tuffenuff wrote: »
    it will be compatible with the guitar and i heard that there is a jukebox mode. a mate of mine saw it at a show and said it was amazing...can't wait:-)

I think thats only on certain songs no? I could be mistaken though.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Decks are confirmed as NOT compatible. Lots of new DJ hero video snippets to be found here
    I'm still not sold on which one I'll get. I'll leave it a week, gauge the community's opinion.

Hmmm. At least Scratch has been delayed so - gives time to save for more funds!

DJ Hero clips look good (with the exception of the Eminem-Beck one...Not sure on that mix). Liking the Daft Punk mix and the Jukebox v DJ Hero. Would be nice to see a full song playthrough...

🤪

Yes indeed. I found this video as well last night of Scratch, and I'm really starting to get the impression that these are two vastly different games. I'm intrigued, and currently swaying slightly on the Scratch side, but they both look awesome. I especially like the scratch controller.

And the set list in FULL , 93 tracks !!!!!!! Makes me sick that I cant spring for this :mad: :mad: :(

This to me is an almost perfect balance between game for dance music heads vs seasoned rb/gh vets like me :D

It like the sets from the old as heard on radio soulwax.... mixes
    Complete 93 track on-disc set list:

- 2Pac - "All Eyez On Me" vs. The Aranbee Pop Orchestra - "Bittersweet Symphony (Instrumental)"

- 50 Cent - "Disco Inferno" vs. David Bowie - "Let's Dance"

- 50 Cent - "Disco Inferno" vs. InDeep - "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life"

- Afrika Bambaataa - "Zulu Nation Throwdown" vs. Freedom Express - "Get Down"

- Beastie Boys - "Here's A Little Somethin' For Ya" vs. DJ Shadow - "The Number Song (2009 Version)" (Produced and mixed by DJ Shadow)

- Beastie Boys - "Intergalactic" vs. Blondie - "Rapture"

- Beastie Boys - "Lee Majors Come Again" vs. Daft Punk - "Da Funk" (Produced and mixed by Cut Chemist)

- Beck - "Where It's At" vs. DJ Shadow - "Six Days (Remix ft. Mos Def)"

- Bell Biv DeVoe - "Poison" Beat Juggle

- Bell Biv DeVoe - "Poison" vs. Beastie Boys - "Intergalactic" (Produced and mixed by DJ AM)

- Bell Biv DeVoe - "Poison" vs. Cameo - "Word Up!"

- Benny Benassi - "Satisfaction" vs. Tiesto - "Elements Of Life"

- Billy Squier - "The Big Beat" vs. N.E.R.D. - "Lapdance" (DJ-Guitar mix)

- Black Eyed Peas - "Boom Boom Pow" vs. Benny Benassi - "Satisfaction"

- Bobby "Blue" Bland - "Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City" vs. 2Pac - "How Do You Want It"

- Bobby "Blue" Bland - "Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City" vs. Connie Price & The Keystones - "Fuzz And Them"

- Boogie Down Productions - "Jack Of Spades" vs. David Bowie - "Let's Dance" (Produced and mixed by DJ Shadow)

- Chuck Brown & The Soul Searchers - "Bustin' Loose" vs. The Zombies - "Time Of The Season" (Produced and mixed by DJ Shadow)

- Chuck Brown & The Soul Searchers - "Bustin' Loose" vs. Young MC - "Bust A Move"

- Common - "Universal Mind Control (U.M.C.)" vs. Masta Ace - "Jeep A** Gutter (Aaron LaCrate & Debonair Samir RMX)" (Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts)

- Cypress Hill - "Insane In The Brain" vs. Classics IV - "Spooky"

- Cypress Hill - "Insane In The Brain" vs. David Axelrod - "The Edge"

- Daft Punk - "Around The World" vs. Young MC - "Bust A Move"

- Daft Punk - "Da Funk" vs. N.A.S.A. - "Strange Enough ft. Karen O, ODB & Fatlip"

- Daft Punk - "Megamix 1"

- Daft Punk - "Megamix 2"

- Daft Punk - "Robot Rock" vs. Hashim - "Al Naafyish (The Soul)" (Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts)

- Daft Punk - "Robot Rock" vs. Queen - "We Will Rock You"

- Daft Punk - "Short Circuit" vs. Boogie Down Productions - "Jack Of Spades"

- Daft Punk - "Technologic" vs. Gary Numan - "Cars"

- Daft Punk - "Television Rules the Nation" vs. No Doubt - "Hella Good"

- David Axelrod - "The Edge" vs. Eric B. & Rakim - "Eric B. Is President"

- Dizzee Rascal - "Fix Up, Look Sharp" vs. DJ Shadow - "Organ Donor (Extended Overhaul)"

- Dizzee Rascal - "Fix Up, Look Sharp" vs. Justice - "Genesis"

- DJ Shadow - "Six Days (Remix ft. Mos Def)" vs. D-Code - "Annie's Horn"

- Eminem - "My Name Is" vs. Beck - "Loser"

- Fedde Le Grand - "Put Your Hands Up For Detroit" vs. Sandy Rivera and David Penn - "I Can't Stop (David Penn Remix)"

- Foo Fighters - "Monkey Wrench" vs. Beastie Boys - "Sabotage" (DJ-Guitar mix)

- Foreigner - "Juke Box Hero" vs. DJ Z-Trip ft. Murs - "DJ Hero" (Produced and mixed by DJ Z-Trip)

- Foreigner - "Juke Box Hero" vs. DJ Z-Trip ft. Murs - "DJ Hero" (DJ-Guitar mix, produced and mixed by DJ Z-Trip)

- Gang Starr - "Just To Get A Rep" vs. Mobb Deep - "Shook Ones, Pt 2" (Produced and mixed by J. Period)

- Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc." vs. Blondie - "Atomic"

- Grandmaster Flash's - "Boom" vs. "Tap" (Produced and mixed by Grandmaster Flash)

- Grandmaster Flash, DJ Kool, DJ Demo - "Here Comes My DJ" vs. Gary Numan - "Cars" (Produced and mixed by Grandmaster Flash)

- Gwen Stefani - "Hollaback Girl" vs. Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc."

- Gwen Stefani - "Hollaback Girl" vs. InDeep "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life" (Produced and mixed by DJ AM)

- Gwen Stefani - "Hollaback Girl" vs. Rick James - "Give It To Me"

- Herbie Hancock - "Rockit" Beat Juggle

- Herbie Hancock - "Rockit" vs. N.E.R.D. - "Lapdance" (Produced and mixed by Grandmaster Flash)

- InDeep - "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life" vs. Cameo - "Word Up!"

- Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back" vs. Gang Starr - "Just To Get A Rep" (Produced and mixed by DJ Yoda)

- Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back" vs. Third Eye Blind - "Semi-Charmed Life" (DJ-Guitar mix)

- Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back" vs. Third Eye Blind - "Semi-Charmed Life"

- JAY-Z feat. Pharrell - "Change Clothes" vs. 2Pac - "All Eyez on Me"

- JAY-Z - "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)" vs. Eminem - "My Name Is"

- JAY-Z - "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)" vs. Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back"

- JAY-Z - "Excuse Me Miss" vs. Rick James - "Give It To Me"

- Jean Knight - "Mr. Big Stuff" vs. Masta Ace - "Born To Roll"

- Jurassic 5 - "Jayou" vs. Billy Squier - "The Big Beat"

- Jurassic 5 - "Jayou" vs. Herbie Hancock - "Rockit"

- Kid Cudi - "Day 'N' Nite" vs. Black Eyed Peas - "Boom Boom Pow"

- Kool Moe Dee - "How Ya Like Me Now" vs. Reel 2 Real featuring The Mad Stuntman - "I Like To Move It"

- Little Richard - "Tutti Frutti" vs. Shlomo - "Beats" (Produced and mixed by DJ Yoda)

- M.I.A. - "Paper Planes" vs. Eric B. & Rakim - "Eric B. Is President"(Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts)

- M.I.A. - "Paper Planes" vs. Wale - "Lookin' At Me"

- Marvin Gaye - "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" vs. David Bowie - "Let's Dance"

- Marvin Gaye - "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" vs. Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc."

- Motorhead - "Ace Of Spades" vs. Noisia - "Groundhog" (DJ-Guitar mix)

- N.A.S.A. - "Strange Enough ft. Karen O, ODB & Fatlip" vs. Isaac Hayes - "Theme From Shaft"

- Noisia - "Groundhog" Beat Juggle (Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts)

- Paul van Dyk - "Nothing But You" vs. Sandy Rivera and David Penn - "I Can't Stop (David Penn Remix)"

- Public Enemy - "Shut 'Em Down" vs. Beck - "Where It's At"

- Public Enemy ft. Zakk Wylde - "Bring The Noise 20XX" vs. Justice - "Genesis" (Produced and mixed by DJ Z-Trip)

- Public Enemy featuring Zakk Wylde - "Bring The Noise 20XX" (DJ-Guitar mix)

- Q-Tip - "Good Thang" vs. Billy Squier - "The Big Beat" (Produced and mixed by J. Period)

- Queen - "Another One Bites The Dust" vs. Beastie Boys - "Brass Monkey" (Produced and mixed by DJ Z-Trip)

- Queen - "Another One Bites The Dust" vs. Daft Punk - "Da Funk"

- Rihanna - "Disturbia" vs. Kid Sister - "Control"

- Rihanna - "Disturbia" vs. The Killers - "Somebody Told Me" (DJ-Guitar mix)

- Rihanna - "Disturbia" vs. The Trammps - "Disco Inferno"

- Shlomo - "Beats" vs. Billy Squier - "The Big Beat"

- Street Sweeper Social Club - "Fight! Smash! Win!" vs. Beastie Boys - "Intergalactic" (DJ-Guitar mix)

- Tears For Fears - "Shout" vs. DJ Shadow - "Six Days (Remix ft. Mos Def)"

- Tears For Fears - "Shout" vs. Eric B. & Rakim - "Eric B. Is President" (Produced and mixed by DJ Jazzy Jeff)

- Tears For Fears - "Shout" vs. Eric Prydz - "Pjanoo"

- The Aranbee Pop Orchestra - "Bittersweet Symphony (Instrumental)" vs. LL Cool J - "Rock The Bells" (Produced and mixed by DJ Jazzy Jeff)

- The Scratch Perverts Beats and Pieces (Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts)

- The Killers - "Somebody Told Me" vs. Eric Prydz - "Pjanoo"

- Vanilla Ice - "Ice Ice Baby" vs. MC Hammer - "U Can't Touch This"

- Vanilla Ice - "Ice Ice Baby" vs. Paula Abdul - "Straight Up"

- Wale - "Lookin' At Me" vs. Black Eyed Peas ft. Tippa Irie - "Hey Mama"

- Weezer - "Beverly Hills" vs. Evidence, The Alchemist, Aceyalone, Rakaa & 88 Keys - "Fresh Rhymes And Videotape" (DJ-Guitar mix)

- Wild Cherry - "Play That Funky Music" vs. Gang Starr - "Just To Get A Rep" (DJ-Guitar mix)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Bring The Noise ft. Zakk Wylde, interesting.

Hmmm. Scratch looks really cool. But still like DJ Hero after replaying some of the song videos above! Could be purchasing both :S

🤪

Bring The Noise ft. Zakk Wylde, interesting.

Was a given they would use it , being one of the more popular GH5 tracks on line , well for guitar anyway.

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Hmmm. Scratch looks really cool. But still like DJ Hero after replaying some of the song videos above! Could be purchasing both :S
    I would do the same, but, and this sounds as sad as it is, my parents would literally have a fit... "waste of money, space, time" etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

calex71 is that the scratch playlist?

Dizzee Rascal - "Fix Up, Look Sharp" vs. DJ Shadow - "Organ Donor (Extended Overhaul)"

^ Really want to hear that.

Advertisement