Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ Hero and Scratch: The Ultimate DJ discussion

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Good man, until they sort their shít out, I'll not be recommending that game to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    No, I'm bringing it back next week, I've just found the box (which I need to bring it back for some reason.) It's a balls, aint it? I haven't played it since...

I can't find my receipt so I'll have to see if Xtravision will write me out a manual one and I'l return it to Activison. Bastards. I've only noticed it recently because it's all I've been playing the last 3 days.
    Flying through the tracks on hard (trying to 5 star them all),but there is no hope of that because it's constantly doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I must take this out again and finish it. I only have a few sets left to do. I boxed it back up a while ago because it was on the floor in the way, and I just sort of forgot about it then.

Hmm, my controller seems to be acting up now aswell :( Was mid-song and it just stopped registering button presses. I was pressing them but nothing was happening :(

Mine is gone back to Activision. Fúckers. Seems to be a fairly widespread problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Hmm, my controller seems to be acting up now aswell :( Was mid-song and it just stopped registering button presses. I was pressing them but nothing was happening :(

Did the turntable get disconnected from the controller slightly? This happened to me and I noticed they'd come apart slightly.

Overall I'm not that impressed with this game. I can't get into. I play 3 songs and turn it off. Really not holding my attention.

The deck is absolute ass. Mid scratch it drops out all the time now.

Edit - I see what's happening now and it seems to be same problem most people are experiencing. When I scratch the pad is reading button presses when there are none. If I spin the platter mid song it (did it as a test) it registers hits on all three buttons simultaneously. Load of crap.

I dunno, I'll give it a go again tonight and see what happens.

Makaveli wrote: »
    Edit - I see what's happening now and it seems to be same problem most people are experiencing. When I scratch the pad is reading button presses when there are none. If I spin the platter mid song it (did it as a test) it registers hits on all three buttons simultaneously. Load of crap.

That's right. It's worse than the Rock Band 1 pedal issues to be honest. At least you could fix that with a bit of freakin' tape!

As pee'd off as I was about the deck acting up, I have to say fair play to Activision.
    Sent the deck off Friday, collected from work by TNT, and then yesterday there was a brand new deck delivered to me.
    No fcuking batteries though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Saw an ad on TV today that this is going for 59.99 in HMV now im tempted :)
    Did folks with issues with the controller get it sorted?

• Advertisement

No, totally never got around to sending the bastarding thing off. Really must do that, was a good game otherwise

Yep, my decks worked again after re-connecting the turntable to the controller part :)

When did HMV start allowing trade in's? Got rid of some games and got this for €5 :)

It's been a long long........... long time since I 1xStared a song in a rhythm game on easy :eek: I got bloody schooled :mad:

Ha ha ha..... Hands up who didn't know the euphoria button lit up when ready? Only noticed because my brother was playing, no wya I'd have noticed if playing on my own.

Yeah, this game is seriously intense, I play on expert, but I don't play WELL on expert!

I can only barely manage hard so more practice for me!

Yeah, this game is seriously intense, I play on expert, but I don't play WELL on expert!

There is just so much more to watch for in it, compared to playing drums or guitar, I guess it's more 3D than RB or GH, I salute anyone who got the achievement for 5* all songs on expert.

Did anyone download the Jay-Z/Eminem track pack? Curious to know if its any use before I get it.

Did that track pack come with the renegade edition of the game also?

Couldn't tell mate. :( No idea.

Have this 4 days and I'm bored of it already :(

Off to adverts.ie I go :)

• Advertisement

Really? What don't you like about it?

Really? What don't you like about it?

You can't fail is the biggest bad, second there is no incentive to play after you get 5* you can literally take sip from your beer and not worry about notes passing you by . Music is good but I'm just playing for cheevo's at this stage. Directional scratching is very good but fade spikes? they ruin expert mode as far as i am concerned, Just no incentive over all to progress to expert and get better for me. Fact drilled home by being only able to get multiplayer matches on medium :(

Advertisement