Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Road rage - letting off steam or serious threat?

• 02-06-2009 9:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭

Ah a great start to my birthday :rolleyes:

In the car with my dad waiting for the lights up at the corner to change (so no more oncoming traffic) so we can to turn into our road . A nice lady decides to go thru a red light but it's no big deal there's enough space to make the turn so everybody's a winner (this would be my usual course of action). But no, the old man decides to crawl as he turns in so they come up to us freaking out at him. It gets worse when he decides to berate her (like shaking his fingers and showing how many points you get) at her for going thru the light. Anyways as we come down our road she comes down after us almost blocking him as he tries to turn the car (me almost dying if morification) and starts reading him the riot act and he continues to engage her (he's a wind up merchant). Then she says "lets see where youz live and we'll see what happens tonight". Of course he tells her (in fariness he parks outside so she would have seen) and then tells her she's taking her reg. I'll admit that I gave her the finger at some stage as it was dragging on (i'd been at the dentist and wanted something to eat so trying to end it:rolleyes:).

Anyhoos to cut this example of muppetry short do you think she was letting off steam or should I be worried/call the cops - it's not his car I care about more my poor car that's parked in the drive :D

Other driver if you are reading I apolgise for giving you the finger and yes he's that annoying all the time :rolleyes::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Straight onto local gards for the threat she made, it needs to be logged with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

it was probably just a threat in anger - but goto the gardai and get it on the record anyway.

Ps. Happy Birthday !!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

PCPhoto wrote: »
    it was probably just a threat in anger - but goto the gardai and get it on the record anyway.
    +1
    PCPhoto wrote: »
    Ps. Happy Birthday !!!
    + another 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

+1
    +1

BTW, why did you book in to go to the dentist on your birthday? :confused:;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Cheers guys!
    unkel wrote: »
    +
    BTW, why did you book in to go to the dentist on your birthday? :confused:;):D

Well I'm a stress head :D and wear a splint at night for grinding my teeth and it was ready today so I went and got it - the old one was breaking apart into shards of plastic so needed the new one asap with an 8:00am appointment to get it out of the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

Threat on its own is probably just letting off steam but following someone is a step too far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

+1 on both of the above.

Try not to let it take over your birthday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Happy birthday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

happy birthday
    tk123 wrote: »
    I apolgise for giving you the finger

pics or gtfo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭meesa

Sounds like an episode of `Malcolm in the middle`..hehe.
    Happy birthday :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement