Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get google to recognize your site?

Options
  • 02-06-2009 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what do I have to do to get google to recognize a blog so it will be listed in searches?

Last week I did the whole google verification thing but its still not coming up?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

It takes time. Have a read of this guide. Some good starter points.
    Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

If the website is new, it might take up to 30 days to show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

If you use the Google URL tool and have some backlinks, you can be in within a week - I setup a brand new site/domain last week - and it was showing in searches before Saturday - in fact it was first indexed by Wednesday.

1. Submit your site to http://www.google.com/addurl/ - do this just the once
    2. Signup to Google Webmasters
    3. Verify your account
    4. Create an XML Sitemap (e.g. http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/)
    5. Submit it to Google
    6. Build some links to it

Submitting sitemaps don't give you any extra advantage but its good to see if Google is indexing your whole site or just your home page.

Google sends any serious warnings to an e-mail address like info@ your domain, and others, so keep an eye on that.

WebMasters is not linked to live data - it gets pushed data later, so it will take up to a week/2 weeks before you see the indexing information and so on. Search for your site using site:mydomain.com or "mydomain.com" to check indexing, if any. It should be quite quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

You could write a free press release.
    I had a site appear in Google searches within hours of writing the press release.

Note that this is different from the type of search positioning that is built up over time with incoming links.

You should also get listed with various Irish blog directories.

Advertisement