Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same Day International Bank Transfer

Options
  • 02-06-2009 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi,

Hopefully someone may be able to help!

I need to transfer X€ into a bank account in Berlin ASAP. I've been told a letter to the bank requesting a same day transfer should be honored but im unsure.

If a same day is not possible does anyone know the quickest way to wire funds?

Thanks,
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

You could try western union, but I hear they are quite expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi,

Hopefully someone may be able to help!

I need to transfer X€ into a bank account in Berlin ASAP. I've been told a letter to the bank requesting a same day transfer should be honored but im unsure.

If a same day is not possible does anyone know the quickest way to wire funds?

Thanks,
    S

when you do a Euro transfers, you have a choice of free (with 2/3 days value) or pay for same day value but you have to be in the bank before 3pm..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Who do you bank with? I bank with National irish bank and regularly transfer money to Australia.

I have the choice of a standard transfer for €12 (takes 3- 4 days) or an express transfer for €15. With the express transfer if I do it in the morning, the money is normally in my account in Australian within an hour or two (this is if I do it online - had to go into the back last week to do it and the money wasn't in my account until the next day)

HTH,
    Mel.b

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Best bet is pop into your local branch rather than send a letter. There's a form to fill in, you'll need the IBAN and BIC / SWIFT code for the beneficiary in Berlin. If you want it to go same day, there'll be a charge which varies from bank to bank.

Advertisement