Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Luck!

Options
  • 02-06-2009 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭

You're all finally going to get this damn thing over and done with, so I wish you all the best of luck. You've been preparing for this exam in one way or other (even if you don't feel like you have) for the past two years, now it's just a question of actually doing it. In all likelihood you're going to come out of your exams (some, if not all), going "Wow, was that it, really?" People hype it up so much but really, it's just a test. You write down what you know, bluff what you can't, and give it your best shot.
    If an exam goes badly, do NOT throw in the towel. If you're thinking "well that's my place in college gone, may as well give up now", stop it! It's possible you did better than you thought, and it's possible the subject you thought you'd never count for points will go really well, if you just keep trying. It can be hard keeping up the momentum, particularly if your exams are quite spread out (lord knows applied maths had me almost done in last year), but remember... a few weeks of effort, then you can relax in the sun (which will hopefully keep up >.<).

And this is going to sound pretty bizarre... but enjoy it. I (perhaps by virtue of being a massive nerd, but perhaps not) rather enjoyed my LC; mostly hanging out in the sun between exams, getting sun stroke and whatnot. It's a great feeling to walk out of an exam and think "Yup, that is the last essay/object of loathing I'm going to ever write."

And now I'm going to stop rambling and get back to my OWN study. There are probably other things to be said, but really they'd just be overexaggerating the gravity of tomorrow. Get some good sleep, get some nice breakfast, and do that summer quiz thing I've heard so much about. (And read the advice thread.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

And good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

It's my second time doing it :) But your right, it's not a big as people hyped it up to be and it's generally easier than the pre's too!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

ya, just a pop quiz tbh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Cheers,

Whats keeping me going is the thoughts of never having to do irish again after next week, nor learn ****ty quotes from centuarys ago nor go through this pressure again.

Oh and the chance to laugh at all my friends who have this next year!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Thanks....

Now im off to get sick! Stress just hit me. After waiting 2 years for tomorrow, I just want the ground to open up and swallow me ( no sex jokes please, its not the time)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

thanks i needed that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip1zsUIosoA

Inspiration at its finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Aye best of luck to ye all. Been a while since I did mine, but I drop into this forum every so often to see how ye're getting along.

One bit of advice I'll give ye regards time. Not specific to exams but just in general.

No matter what you do or how much you freak out, in a set number of days for all of you (admittedly different depending on the last exam), this will be over. It will take the exact amount of time for those days to pass as the exact same number of days did a month ago. It will finish so take each exam one by one. Don't let the thoughts of multiple exams and 2 weeks to get you down.

With that, its up to you what you do in those days, so you might as well do you're best. Go n-eiri an t-adh libh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Good luck everyone, I'll be thinking of Boards.ie in my English exam for inspiration.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Don't be nervous going into the exams - be determined. If things don't go your way, bluff, god loves a trier!

Take each exam one at a time and in your stride, it'll all be over and done with in a flash, then it'll be time to enjoy the summer, and a well deserved break :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

good luck everybody

almost free:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

GOOD LUCK!!

it's almost over!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

Just got a text message I thought I'd share (using proper grammar):

======> This is a lucky pencil! :)
    Send this to everyone doing their exams and don't delete it until after your exams. It should bring you luck. Good luck....! :) !

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Wait... Leaving Cert? I thought that was next month?!

(Thanks OP) ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

haloauto wrote: »
    Just got a text message I thought I'd share (using proper grammar):

======> This is a lucky pencil! :)
    Send this to everyone doing their exams and don't delete it until after your exams. It should bring you luck. Good luck....! :) !
    I hate those texts!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

Just though I'd introduce you all to MotivationWolf ... Hopefully he'll be able to give you all the luck and motivation needed to succeed tomorrow :D

1233164065872.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,994 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Good luck everyone!!

It will be over before you know it!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Not doing my leaving cert, am an auld one but just wanted to wish all ye guys the best of luck in the coming weeks.:)
    Try to get some decent sleep in between exams and don't worry, ye will be fine

Advertisement