Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the first tattoo

Options
  • 02-06-2009 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Ok I have wanted a tattoo for years but just never really made the leap. Early this year I decided on a tattoo but decided to wait a few months to see how I felt about it. I have two in mind.

The first is a swallow on my chest. I want to get this one because I think the story and history behind the tattoo is great, Im very into old school/rockabilly stuff, I think they look great and Im moving onto a new chapter of my life and the swallow can represent rebirth and a new beginning.

The second one Im thiking of getting is the Irish penal Rosary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_penal_rosary) on my side just above my hips. Ive always thought about a religous tatoo as my religon is quite important to me and I like the way the penal rosary is a bit more unique and rarer than the usual praying hands/crucifixtions you see. Its also nice the way it has the Irish history.

So what are peoples thoughts? How do you mkae that final leap of actually going in to get one? Ill probably only get one done at first but Im not sure which one.

Also (and I know this is a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question) but roughly how much would they cost to get done (black ink only, medium size)?

And if anybody knows any good galleries with a few examples of these tattoos (ive already done google image and found a few good ones) that would be much appreciated too.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 frecklz

Hi there

I can answer one of your questions as I have just got my first tattoo after years of will I-won't I... The way to make the leap is to simply switch off your brain and do it. You've obviously thought about it long and hard, so it's not like your making a spur of the moment decision. The best tattoo to get is one that will mean something to you years from now, not something you thought would just look cool at the time. So I say print out some pics, bring them into the guy and make the appointment. The price is based on how long it will take etc, so the artists themselves will tell you.

Go for it, and enjoy the experience!

Advertisement