Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sims 3

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Got this and installed it last Sunday for my kids who have been playing it constantly, but something seems to have corrupted in their game some of the sim family members have become invisible, you can click on their icon and it will show you were they are supposed to be but its invisible, any idea on this or is it something that will be fixed in the next patch?

Thanks
    Haven't heard anything like that at all. You could try backing up your save games and any other files to another directory (I think they're originally in an EA Games folder in My Documents, or womewhere like that), and reinstall the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Snake I'd imagine that would just be a patch job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

One thing I noticed is that it's quite hard to tell the age of another sim. My sim is a mid-20s guy, and he was seeing this rather hot military girl (mmmm, girls in uniform). Anyway, they tie the knot and he's looking forward to living happily ever after, when he wakes up the next days and she's gone through an age transition and is now and aul wrinkley bent over grey haired biddy! :eek:

Obviously, that night he sends her to bed early cause granny needs her rest, and then calls over one of his other hot young friends to get amorous with. Granny wakes up absolutely furious the following morning with a "romantic betrayal" moodlet - I don't know how she knew since she was asleep. IMO all the fun of cheating on someone is ruined if they automatically know about it!

Anyway, so now my sim's married to a p*ssed off grey haired granny, which quite different to what he expected when he married her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Branoic wrote: »
    One thing I noticed is that it's quite hard to tell the age of another sim. My sim is a mid-20s guy, and he was seeing this rather hot military girl (mmmm, girls in uniform). Anyway, they tie the knot and he's looking forward to living happily ever after, when he wakes up the next days and she's gone through an age transition and is now and aul wrinkley bent over grey haired biddy! :eek:

Obviously, that night he sends her to bed early cause granny needs her rest, and then calls over one of his other hot young friends to get amorous with. Granny wakes up absolutely furious the following morning with a "romantic betrayal" moodlet - I don't know how she knew since she was asleep. IMO all the fun of cheating on someone is ruined if they automatically know about it!

Anyway, so now my sim's married to a p*ssed off grey haired granny, which quite different to what he expected when he married her!

Buy a few plant, throw a fireplace in and then have her light it -just like the good old days :D. Make sure Romeo is out of the house obviously ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭YoungPayters

i kinda felt a bit robbed by them. There is only about 10 haircuts and not that many clothes (but then started to use the design tool and u can make some strange designs if you take your time or know what u are looking for)
    It's fun and really additive tbh, glad i got it but a little bit dissapointed with the lack of different hairsytles and stuff like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

no doubt there will be a hairstyle expansion shortly

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

MooseJam wrote: »
    For any other game, this would be a sarcastic comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

MooseJam wrote: »
    lol'd :P

Well, I passed the test with flying colors.. CPU speed being 5.64GHz :confused:
    And everything else.. also.. well above the minimum :D

I'll pick this up in the next few days, I'll trade in Prototype since I've finished it (on the PS3).. And I'll probably have to trade in a few more if I want to splash out for the collectors edition :o

Anyways, can you guys just wait for me? I'll only be a few days..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Man I really need a new graphics card :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Have started playing this and I like it so far. I like the various modes you have (work - take it easy, work hard, etc // work out - easy pace, push, etc), the opportunities and wishes and the lifetime rewards are interesting.

I agree with an above point that it's annoying that you can't find out another Sims age - two women I have talked to (and thought...maybe) turned into old women the next time I was about to ring them up.

🤪

• Advertisement
Advertisement